Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

(2010) JAL Meeting up (People from the dark side are welcomed too)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(2010) JAL Meeting up (People from the dark side are welcomed too)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 5:41 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by fumitani
I haven't been able to get through......only goes to voice mail....Will try again. I don't think leaving a voicemail will get a return call from JAL...As they have other matters to take care of right now
Yes they are probably busy with the latest cartel probe

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...89oIQ_6cJ5xINw
Old May 17, 2010, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
Yes they are probably busy with the latest cartel probe

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...89oIQ_6cJ5xINw
Will try again tomorrow

So how many meets are we talking about?!

Um....I'm getting lost how many people should I say want to go?!
Old May 17, 2010, 9:48 am

I'm getting confused too...

Is it a NRT lounge meet or HND hangar tour? Who's coming from the USA? JALPak I know you're coming from there; fumitani I thought you were in Japan but somehow it seems you're across the pond. If you like I can try calling for you from here which should be better in terms of time zones.

BTW I can probably join only if the meet's on a weekend (unless I apply for a day off from work...)

Edit:
oops my bad, fumitani you're flying to the US and back right?

Last edited by KIXman; May 17, 2010 at 9:53 am Reason: too much drinking on a Monday to think clearly
Old May 17, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KIXman
I'm getting confused too...

Is it a NRT lounge meet or HND hangar tour? Who's coming from the USA? JALPak I know you're coming from there; fumitani I thought you were in Japan but somehow it seems you're across the pond. If you like I can try calling for you from here which should be better in terms of time zones.

BTW I can probably join only if the meet's on a weekend (unless I apply for a day off from work...)
KIXman....I am in Osaka.

Just saying that I am going to LAX/SFO in Aug/Sep
Old May 17, 2010, 10:30 am

Gotcha! Thanks for straightening things out for me.

gotta learn to cut back on those drinks ... (+_+)
Old May 17, 2010, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Will try again tomorrow

So how many meets are we talking about?!

Um....I'm getting lost how many people should I say want to go?!

Simmo meeting the Diamond guy
You flying to SFO
I am going to be at NRT Sakura lounge
My visit to Japan with family
Possible HND hanger visit

For the number of people...since we are calling PR instead of customer relation...don't we need to have a bigger group in order to generate some good press...maybe you can ask the PR department how many people is needed to hold such an event then we can try to gather the required number of JAL/OW flyers...

Last edited by JALPak; May 17, 2010 at 5:23 pm
Old May 17, 2010, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KIXman
Gotcha! Thanks for straightening things out for me.

gotta learn to cut back on those drinks ... (+_+)
Sneaky you putting the drinking comment in font size of 1 Make sure you don't drink too much before you fly to meet people in HND...or they might not let you fly
Old May 17, 2010, 9:10 pm

Simmo meeting the Diamond guy
You flying to SFO
I am going to be at NRT Sakura lounge
My visit to Japan with family
Possible HND hanger visit

For the number of people...since we are calling PR instead of customer relation...don't we need to have a bigger group in order to generate some good press...maybe you can ask the PR department how many people is needed to hold such an event then we can try to gather the required number of JAL/OW flyers...
The Diamond guy is pretty important as he's the big stink out of all of us for JAL. I'm kind of excited about seeing him which is concerning when i take a step back and think about it. Anyhow i'm sure he'll be up to it but he hates speaking English so he'll be fumitani best friend. It's great he makes me speak Japanese and it's good practice.

Keep posting away and eventually we'll work out a date and time. Either that or ticket prices will be so high at the last minute that i wont be able to afford to come :P
Old May 17, 2010, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simmo
The Diamond guy is pretty important as he's the big stink out of all of us for JAL. I'm kind of excited about seeing him which is concerning when i take a step back and think about it. Anyhow i'm sure he'll be up to it but he hates speaking English so he'll be fumitani best friend. It's great he makes me speak Japanese and it's good practice.

Keep posting away and eventually we'll work out a date and time. Either that or ticket prices will be so high at the last minute that i wont be able to afford to come :P
I think your problem would be convincing your GF! She'll think you're crazy for flying to Tokyo to go koujyokengaku! Anyways I tried calling right now, but no one picks up the phone. I think JAL is too busy doing other things.

I'll keep the guy entertained. Translation service is free at anytime

Anyways it should be easy for me, Simmo and others in Japan to match your times as we are only 1 to 1.5 hours away by plane compared to JALPAK and some others which have the Pacific Ocean to cross
Old May 17, 2010, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

I think your problem would be convincing your GF! She'll think you're crazy for flying to Tokyo to go koujyokengaku! Anyways I tried calling right now, but no one picks up the phone. I think JAL is too busy doing other things.

I'll keep the guy entertained. Translation service is free at anytime

Anyways it should be easy for me, Simmo and others in Japan to match your times as we are only 1 to 1.5 hours away by plane compared to JALPAK and some others which have the Pacific Ocean to cross
Isn't that the longer the flight the more fun it will be...I always hope my JAL flight to be as long as possible Why don't you set a date now and fly to HND to meet funmitani and treat this as a MR
Old May 17, 2010, 10:45 pm

Isn't that the longer the flight the more fun it will be...I always hope my JAL flight to be as long as possible Why don't you set a date now and fly to HND to meet funmitani and treat this as a MR
My gf is suppose to be visiting me in two weeks time so i guess i could visit her instead. So looking at first week in June. Haven't checked prices but just throwing it out there.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

My gf is suppose to be visiting me in two weeks time so i guess i could visit her instead. So looking at first week in June. Haven't checked prices but just throwing it out there.
How about June 19 instead fumitani did some magic and has made some progress

Do we have 10 people?
Simmo (+gf)
fumitani
JALPak (+1 or +2?)
KIXman (will he be sober during the weekend?)
Diamond lounge guy?
Old May 17, 2010, 11:14 pm

How about June 19 instead fumitani did some magic and has made some progress

Do we have 10 people?
Simmo (+gf)
fumitani
JALPak (+1 or +2?)
KIXman (will he be sober during the weekend?)
Diamond lounge guy?
Very doable. Cheap flights there at the moment - 24,000 yen return which is about as good as they get. I'd snap that up. I could take Friday and Monday off work and see the old gf :P Kill two birds with one stone.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Very doable. Cheap flights there at the moment - 24,000 yen return which is about as good as they get. I'd snap that up. I could take Friday and Monday off work and see the old gf :P Kill two birds with one stone.
Ha...we will be flying to HND on the same day but I bet you are flying in the morning on the dark side
Old May 17, 2010, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just called JAL koujyokengaku center.

Must reserve at least one month ahead. So Anything after June, but only 6 months in advance from the date you are calling so today is Nov 18th limit.

For Kojin(personal) Groups Under 9 People.
1st and 3rd Sat
2nd and 4th Mon
10am 1pm 3pm
These are the earliest slots open as of right now:
Jul/12 1pm
Sep/13 1pm
Sep/18 10am 1pm

For Dantai (Bigger groups) more than 10 but under 50:
Monday-Friday 10am 1pm 3pm three times a day

The lady said during the summer the slots are pretty booked up. We need to pick a date and confirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.