Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

(2010) JAL Meeting up (People from the dark side are welcomed too)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(2010) JAL Meeting up (People from the dark side are welcomed too)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
I have issued my first ticket so I will be in NRT for transit in early june and july...I am moving my travel dates a day early for my second ticket so I can have it confirm as soon as possible and I might have to fly out from HND instead of NRT on my inbound flight...if I do, definitely possible to meet at HND but I am hoping to fly out of NRT instead

Anyone knows how to return the free JGC cell phone rental if you fly out of HND Can I just return it to a DOCOMO retail store in the city?
Don't know but great news about HND. Let me know when i can book my flights!
Old May 13, 2010, 10:14 pm
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
I think JL might be willing to let us visit the hangars if we do this as a full-fledged FT meet, great PR for them with a bunch of JAL loyalists flying to HND to show support for the airline. Would love to fly here if schedule permits.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ssw207
I think JL might be willing to let us visit the hangars if we do this as a full-fledged FT meet, great PR for them with a bunch of JAL loyalists flying to HND to show support for the airline. Would love to fly here if schedule permits.
I would love to do that (and that's what I was hoping for) but then we need to know who to contact. Fumitani can pretend to be a JAL loyalists for a day
Old May 13, 2010, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would love to do that (and that's what I was hoping for) but then we need to know who to contact. Fumitani can pretend to be a JAL loyalists for a day
That can do. I can say I JAL this and that for the day.

If you find me a person and number to contact i'll give them a call and arrange. If necessary

Let's see if JAL or ANA comes through... I have award bookings for both on the same route on the same day. F and C should add to the USA
Old May 13, 2010, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

I have issued my first ticket so I will be in NRT for transit in early june and july...I am moving my travel dates a day early for my second ticket so I can have it confirm as soon as possible and I might have to fly out from HND instead of NRT on my inbound flight...if I do, definitely possible to meet at HND but I am hoping to fly out of NRT instead

Anyone knows how to return the free JGC cell phone rental if you fly out of HND Can I just return it to a DOCOMO retail store in the city?
Nevermind...my JL735 waitlist "magically" cleared immediately after I move every flight a day early But then now the ITM-CTS flight is full

Last edited by JALPak; May 14, 2010 at 12:29 am
Old May 13, 2010, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumitani

If you find me a person and number to contact i'll give them a call and arrange. If necessary

Let's see if JAL or ANA comes through... I have award bookings for both on the same route on the same day. F and C should add to the USA
Let me know what I can do to help if this happen

According to wiki, more than 274 FTers flew to meet CO CEO at some point
Old May 14, 2010, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumitani

Thanks fumitani! But who are interested...I hope there are more than 5 people (which only 1-2 are JMB elites) who are interested...Anyone else will be interested if this happen? So far we only have these response for JAL meetup

JMB elites
JALPak
KIXman
ssw207

OW elites
Simmo

fake JMB elites (JGC doesn't count )
fumitani
joejones (if we buy him mabo )

Last edited by JALPak; May 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Old May 15, 2010, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
oh no! i've been missing the fun since 1) my screen was broken and 2) nasty boss banned the internet!

when will this be! but keep ur fingers crossed, i have yet to save up anything after 1 trip of burning points and 2 others of earning... on my own dime, after 3 mths of work...
Old May 15, 2010, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
PS. i'm currenty a CX basher burning CX AM on other OW airlines.....seems like, 027/028, here i come......
Old May 15, 2010, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
oh no! i've been missing the fun since 1) my screen was broken and 2) nasty boss banned the internet!

when will this be! but keep ur fingers crossed, i have yet to save up anything after 1 trip of burning points and 2 others of earning... on my own dime, after 3 mths of work...
I want to do this sooner than later It will be great if we can pull this off in mid-June but depends on how the call went...it might never happen
Old May 15, 2010, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
PS. i'm currenty a CX basher burning CX AM on other OW airlines.....seems like, 027/028, here i come......
It might not be as easy as you think to book seats on these flights now, esp after JAL downsize JL735/736 to a 763
Old May 16, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: JGC / OW Sapphire
Hi, there, folks. I've been away for a while. I may be interested in joining the party, but can't promise anything at this point... Sounds like fun, though. It may not be the most cost-effective way to get my elite-qualifying miles, though.
Old May 16, 2010, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whkento
Hi, there, folks. I've been away for a while. I may be interested in joining the party, but can't promise anything at this point... Sounds like fun, though. It may not be the most cost-effective way to get my elite-qualifying miles, though.
You can do this as a stopover of your international ticket
Old May 16, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: JGC / OW Sapphire
You can do this as a stopover of your international ticket
Good point. I'm not sure yet when (if?) my summer trip is gonna be, though. I think I have to wait 'til July. We'll see what happens...
Old May 16, 2010, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whkento
Good point. I'm not sure yet when (if?) my summer trip is gonna be, though. I think I have to wait 'til July. We'll see what happens...
By the way how's the PY seats? (sorry to go off-topic for a bit)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.