Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JL Boeing 777-300ER 4 class "W82" - Best Business Class Seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JL Boeing 777-300ER 4 class "W82" - Best Business Class Seat?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 2:09 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by anchor79
so row 6 is better choice than row 5 in this case? For my flight. I am currently in 5K. I was thinking of taking 5C/H since I am tall (6'2"). However after I read your comment..Should I take 6C or 6K? Those are whats available now too.
I can't tell cuz I have only tried 5K so far. And my next two flights are also on 5K. 5DG *might* have longer seat pitch. Neither of the middle seats nor middle bulkhead are aligned with the ones on the side so I am not 100% sure.

5K isn't that bad. I have enough storage space for all of my stuff (1 pair of glasses, 1 camera, all amenities). The only thing I wish 5K has is the storage for water bottle.

Here are the features bulkhead seats don't have.
Here is the picture that shows the seat pitch and magazine storage for 5K. (seat in "relax" position)
Here is a picture of my leg touching the bulkhead when seat in lie-flat position. I can't cross my legs without hitting the pocket (I like doing that when I am watching movie in the lie-flat position )
Old Nov 15, 2009, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Thanks, JALPak. Those pictures are very useful. I'm gonna switch out of the bulkhead.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by bp888
Thanks, JALPak. Those pictures are very useful. I'm gonna switch out of the bulkhead.
Just curious, is it because of the missing storage?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by JALPak
Just curious, is it because of the missing storage?
Yup. (And the smaller monitor.) As you can see on my original post my primary question when I started this thread was storage.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:35 pm

same here..I am thinking of switching to 6C/H after seeing your post/picture too. It just feels like something is missing even there's no body is infront of you. (I believe the back of the chair of the neo seat is what's improving from the previous generation.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:03 pm

By the way row 7 might have more leg room than row 5. Just read aks120's trip report and there's a picture of the leg room. The pocket is much lower than 5K's due to the baby basinet.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:56 pm

http://www.ar.jal.com/cms/contents/e...news_4065.html

JAL has just added additional W73 configuration period for JL001/002: December 21-December 31. Hopefully your flights don't fall into those dates. Looks like this time the change is related to maintenance.

Seems like until JAL has an extra 773 with this config, every time they need maintenance, they will pick on SFO
And now Jan 1-8 are added as the dates with W73 config on NRT-SFO route
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:59 am

slightly OT. Does JAL offers their menu online just like how ANA does??
Old Nov 30, 2009, 3:56 am

slightly OT. Does JAL offers their menu online just like how ANA does??
Yes but in Japanese only.

http://www.jal.co.jp/inflight/inter/executive/c_meal/

Just change the class of service, airports and month.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:22 pm

Just try the bulkhead on 773 again. I switched to 5A when it someone switched their seat originally because I know the Japanese cabin attendant serves the left side of the plane. But once I sat in 5A, I noticed it has more legroom than 5K. No more pocket/wall bordering me! The bulkhead on the left side starts in the middle of a window but the one on the right side starts at the end of it. So extra legroom is roughly equal to half of the distance between the two windows!

Hopefully the one sitting in 5A on my return flight will decide to move to somewhere else again
Old Dec 13, 2009, 3:03 am

So extra legroom is roughly equal to half of the distance between the two windows!
JALpak, do u mind to tell me how much more room is that in inches? LOL hard to picture that!!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 5:03 am

JALpak, do u mind to tell me how much more room is that in inches? LOL hard to picture that!!
I don't really know LOL But I have some pictures.

Here is the picture of my leg in the lie-flat position. The shoes is around 12 inches.
Here is another picture showing my neighbor's leg in the lie-flat position. You can clearly see his leg is not even close to touching the wall

My guesstimate is around 8 inches...I am definitely not going to choose 5K if 5A is available.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:39 pm

This is interesting. I always try to get 5A. Not sure why. I'm flying out again on 1/12/2010 in 5A and I also have 5A for my return. It just feels like my seat and it's usually available when I book. Last time coming home 5B was empty so that was really nice.

I will be sure to look at the other side this time. I don't watch the screen except for the map, anyway, so I don't mind the little screen.

Just try the bulkhead on 773 again. I switched to 5A when it someone switched their seat originally because I know the Japanese cabin attendant serves the left side of the plane. But once I sat in 5A, I noticed it has more legroom than 5K. No more pocket/wall bordering me! The bulkhead on the left side starts in the middle of a window but the one on the right side starts at the end of it. So extra legroom is roughly equal to half of the distance between the two windows!

Hopefully the one sitting in 5A on my return flight will decide to move to somewhere else again
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
I actually like the bulk head, but only if I'm traveling in the same month.

Pro's: Easy to get in and out; FA's are always close by; food get served first

Con's: The tv. That's really it. But if you're flying back same month you're flying in you've already seen most of the programming anyways.

I usually go row 9. And I'm doing 9G for flight out, and 9K for flight back. I do enjoy riding in biz and seeing the JGC tags on people's luggage and seeing all the miles they've racked up. I never knew that JGC has a color scheme for your tags based on your lifetime flown miles. Here's hoping I get past black in the next few years :P
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NYCBunny
I do enjoy riding in biz and seeing the JGC tags on people's luggage and seeing all the miles they've racked up. I never knew that JGC has a color scheme for your tags based on your lifetime flown miles. Here's hoping I get past black in the next few years :P

Yep, I had no idea that there were different levels until I got my green tags with a nice note thanking me for having flown 250k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.