Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Consorzio Motoscafi - water taxis in Venice area (English) website

● Alilaguna public boat (water bus) (English) website

● Public Transit (bus, vaporetti smaller local boats, etc. - English) website

● Marco Polo VCE Airport directions to docks for Alilaguna and Motoscafi web page

● Marco Polo VCE airport baggage carts (to haul baggage to docks) web page
Print Wikipost

Venice water taxi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in jan, we stayed at a hotel near the arsenali stop. frome vce, the guy went through the center of murano and past the veince islands to the east.. on the trip back the following week, the taxi went around venice to the east, and then murano to the east, and past by the north of murano. never gone those ways before. both took about 30 min. i would presume from the stukey to/from vce, the boat would go to the west of venice and murano, maybe the east of tronchetto, and then down to guidecca. that, again would be about a 30 min trip. the alilaguna is no speed boat. the taxis are quite fast.

just ask the question, but not of me. let us know what you think of the hilton. there are very few if any comments about the place. we walked it, and thought it looked just like any big high end convention hotelat which we have stayed(about 20)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:46 pm

Will stay at Molano Stucky in May.

We will stay there in May a few days before the 13 days cruise trip. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for your information on the water taxi.

LS
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by lianaks
Slawacki,
Do you know how long of the time in water taxi from VCE to Molano Stucky Hilton? Taking Alilaguna water bus is about 1:45 hours.

LS.
20 to 25 minutes
Old May 31, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Road King
After wrestling with how to get from VCE to the Hilton, we finally decided on a "shared" water taxi. It only carries 6 to 8 people (have to be in couples) and will drop us right at the hotel front door. The cost online was 27.00 euro each, so about half the cost of a private water taxi. I figure we can use the difference to go towards a nice dinner the night we get there.

http://www.venicelink.com/index.php?...3&lang=english
We also pre-booked the shared water taxi for our recent arrival and had a positive experience. I made the reservation on their form, paid with a credit card, and printed and carried the voucher with me on the flight. We found the booth in the airport, were told there was one other couple we were waiting for, and before both Mrs. dwcatty and I could use the restroom directly opposite the other couple showed and off we went.

The walk to the pier was shorter than that for most connecting flights. We showed the recipt the guy in the booth had given us to the waiting drivers, hopped in a boat and pushed off. The ride was delightful. We were dropped off first. I thought it was a great value at 54 Euro.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we have never had a shared taxi, and always had to pay the full fee ourselves.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Private water taxis were unavailable at VCE on Jun 22, day of the strike, so we used the shared taxi with 3 other passengers. The fare was 32 euros per person, so expensive for 3 of us, and not much cheaper than private taxi if we had booked in advance.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by slawecki
just ask the question, but not of me. let us know what you think of the hilton. there are very few if any comments about the place. we walked it, and thought it looked just like any big high end convention hotelat which we have stayed(about 20)
We're at the Molino Stucky right now for a 4 night stay. The hotel is made up of more than 5 different connected buildings. The main hall ways have exposed wood beams, so there is a combination of old and modern. The rooms are very nicely appointed, older style with modern marble bathrooms.
Yes, it's big and holds conferences, but European style and not American bland. The staff has all been very friendly.

We were upgraded to a 2 room suite, nice for my daughter to have her own room with sofa bed. The Executive Lounge is also quite nice to relax and have an espresso or sparkling water or beer on a hot day.

I checked out the lobby of the Danieli this afternoon. It's definitely nicer and much older, with Murano chandeliers in the lobby lounge/bar. It's also right smack in the middle of the tourist crowds, so convenient.

Hilton Molino Stucky is only accessible by boat, but also much quieter. So this all depends on personal preferences. I'd return for sure.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Share water taxi on 9/20/12 ???

My wife and I will be departing on a 7:30am flight and would like to take the water taxi from the Hilton Molino Stucky hotel. If anyone else is staying at the hotel at that time and would like to share the taxi, please contact me.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ask the concierge if anyone is leaving at about the same time. as big as that hotel is, i would presume so. anyone going should be ordering the taxi through the concierge.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:37 am

Are the kids under 6 free with the Alilaguna shared ride from airport or you have to pay for them too?
What about in the regular vaporetto? it looks like it will be free but still want to confirm from knowledgeable folks here.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saatx
Are the kids under 6 free with the Alilaguna shared ride from airport or you have to pay for them too?
Yes, children under 6 are free on the alilaguna, provided they are accompanied by an adult on a paid ticket.

What about in the regular vaporetto? it looks like it will be free but still want to confirm from knowledgeable folks here.
Yes.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:48 pm

How close to the cruise port terminal can the water taxi take a person?

Trying to figure out how to navigate to port with luggage -- can a water taxi drop off reasonably close to where porters collect luggage?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Yes, children under 6 are free on the alilaguna, provided they are accompanied by an adult on a paid ticket.

Yes.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:52 pm

Is it better to have a alilguana pass for 72 hrs or an ACTV tickets for 72 hrs?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it better to have a alilguana pass for 72 hrs or an ACTV tickets for 72 hrs?
"Better" is subjective so it is difficult to answer w/certainty.

The alilaguna 72 hr ticket only allows you to ride Alilaguna routes - which really aren't convenient for getting around Venice proper. Vaporetti provide city transport so IMO the ACTV ticket is preferable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.