Reload this Page >

Venice in April - any suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venice in April - any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Update? and Venice in mid October

Hello,

I enjoyed reading the many great recommendations here. However, they are two years old now and so I was hoping for any updates on the information.

Also, we will be in Venice in October for, sadly only two nights/one day. What can one expect weatherwise at that time and are there any special events or anything else special that one should know about when visiting at that time of year? Our particular interests are food , history and archeology, walking and taking in the "scene".

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Jassy
Old May 17, 2009, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
There are no specific festivals, etc.. in October. The weather will be cool - but not terribly cold, w/rain possible. There could also be flooding. The restaurant and other suggestions in this thread will not be too out of date.

Since you will be there such a short period of time, just walk around and enjoy the city. Venice is made for wandering and random encounters.
Old May 18, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: OnePass
Definitely visit the other islands if you have time. Those who only experience San Marco are missing out on a great deal of the real Venice. Giudecca has many quiet lovely areas with slices of real Venetian life. Quiet, and away from the mobs.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:09 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Ride the #1 vaporetto from Pl. Roma to Lido and back sitting outside either on the front or the back.

It's the best (and cheapest) tour of town.

Also be prepared to pay absolutely unbelievable prices for everything except gelatto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.