Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New policy: from 16/12 ALL arrivals from abroad must be tested.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy: from 16/12 ALL arrivals from abroad must be tested.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 13901
Self test with a certificate is what I used to fly in last week. No one checked it.

The NHS Pass works with the Verifica C19 app. I got scanned 100+ times with my pass stored on Apple Wallet and the only issue was when the pass expired after a month of use and I had to re-download it.

most Italian regions are “white”, meaning no particular limitations, while some are “yellow” (some minor limitations). Regardless, mask wearing is enforced in all public places (shops, restaurants when going to the loo and so on) and transport. No “exemptions” allowed. On Trenitalia there are messages to the extent that non maskers will not be allowed to continue. In facts I boarded a Turin-Milan train on Sunday that was running 45 minutes late; a fellow passenger told me that the police had had to come onboard and offload a family of “English” (sic) that weren’t masked and unwilling to do so.
Thanks. Maybe we can still salvage something here.

And on your last point, as a nation, we really don't help ourselves sometimes do we...
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Thanks. Maybe we can still salvage something here.

And on your last point, as a nation, we really don't help ourselves sometimes do we...
Well, I put “English” between “”s because to an Italian ear anyone, from Aussies to Americans to South Africans, is likely to fall under the English umbrella. I had a Scottish colleague who was beyond offended when we used to go see suppliers!
ratechaser likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:30 am

My parents are going to fly to Italy on 2 January, and I am planning on making them take a self-administered lateral flow test with supervision from Klarity or Collinson. Is it acceptable? Thank you!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tosaerba24
My parents are going to fly to Italy on 2 January, and I am planning on making them take a self-administered lateral flow test with supervision from Klarity or Collinson. Is it acceptable? Thank you!
The official requirement is:

undergo a molecular test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 72 hours before they arrive, or an antigen test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 24 hours before they arrive.
I haven't used those providers for entering Italy, only exiting, but they've both been accepted by check in agents and so on. Personally I think you should be fine, their attestations (I have examples from Klarity and Qured) look like the ones from, say, Randox or Expresstest.
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Self test with a certificate is what I used to fly in last week. No one checked it..
So I can do the Binax at home test (not proctored) to get into Italy? I am boostered with an EU pass (from a CDG trip over Thanksgiving).

There is no quarantine correct?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:57 am
Original Poster

I’ve never used Binax not being American so I don’t really know.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:20 am

The official requirement is:

I haven't used those providers for entering Italy, only exiting, but they've both been accepted by check in agents and so on. Personally I think you should be fine, their attestations (I have examples from Klarity and Qured) look like the ones from, say, Randox or Expresstest.
Did you the Klarity/Qured tests that were proctored, or just the result photo upload version? I'm planning on traveling to Italy in a couple weeks and wondered about this. I have done both the qured proctored and non-proctered version, and the attestations are worded differently, explicitly mentioning the monitoring in the former case. I can't find anything on the Italian government website that specifies antigen tests must be proctored. Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Both in the supervised and take-a-photo version. Not that anyone cared or checked frankly… I just uploaded the files on Ba.com and that was it.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:09 pm

Just to report: I made my parents take a photo-upload (not proctored) version of the Klarity test: they had no trouble and are now in Italy safe and sound.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:32 am

Both in the supervised and take-a-photo version. Not that anyone cared or checked frankly… I just uploaded the files on Ba.com and that was it.
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Just to report: I made my parents take a photo-upload (not proctored) version of the Klarity test: they had no trouble and are now in Italy safe and sound.
Thank you both! That is good to know. So I just need to fill in a PLF? I'm NHS boosted, flying Luxair, and I'm trying to understand their stated rules for Italy https://www.luxair.lu/en/offers/entr...flight-program - where are the 'test-on-arrival for UK, Malta, Spain' rules mentioned on the Italian gov website, or is this an obsolete thing?
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by under2100
Thank you both! That is good to know. So I just need to fill in a PLF? I'm NHS boosted, flying Luxair, and I'm trying to understand their stated rules for Italy https://www.luxair.lu/en/offers/entr...flight-program - where are the 'test-on-arrival for UK, Malta, Spain' rules mentioned on the Italian gov website, or is this an obsolete thing?
that's from 2020, so Kudos to Luxair for being on the ball...

if you are uncertain, do check out the italian FCO questionnaire here: COVID-19 SURVEY (viaggiaresicuri.it)
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:31 am

that's from 2020, so Kudos to Luxair for being on the ball...

if you are uncertain, do check out the italian FCO questionnaire here: COVID-19 SURVEY (viaggiaresicuri.it)
Great to know, I was really scratching my head over the Malta one, sounded very odd. And thanks for the link, that helps a lot!
obscure2k and 13901 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So a PCR taken 72 hours before and antigen 24 hours before entry. Does anyone know if the Walgreens ID NOW test is considered an antigen test and hence subject to 24 hour rule?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Got a predicament. Had a COVID-19 PCR test done yesterday in anticipation of arrival into Italy within 48 hours (tomorrow morning). However, my flight from the US to LHR cancelled today…. It looks like I’ll be arriving in Italy at 21:00, which is outside of the 48-hour window of my test now…

So now I don’t know what to do. Will my COVID-19 PCR test still be good for entry? Or am I screwed?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Got a predicament. Had a COVID-19 PCR test done yesterday in anticipation of arrival into Italy within 48 hours (tomorrow morning). However, my flight from the US to LHR cancelled today…. It looks like I’ll be arriving in Italy at 21:00, which is outside of the 48-hour window of my test now…

So now I don’t know what to do. Will my COVID-19 PCR test still be good for entry? Or am I screwed?
I thought the PCR test was required within 72 not 48 hours of entry into Italy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.