Italy Entry requirements after June 21 -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Italy Entry requirements after June 21 -

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by eh220160
Appreciate not life or death as you say (wedding), is my understanding correct that as a fully vaccinated UK-only passport holder if entering Italy after being outside the UK for 14 whole days (Greece) and assuming all tests negative, on the basis of the rules today, I can enter Italy without being required to do the 5-day quarantine?
From viaggiaresicuri.it:

1. You are entering Italy from…
    Your answer: "GREECE"
  2. Where have you been in the 14 days prior to your attempt to enter Italy?
    Your answer: "GREECE"
  3. Are you a citizen of the European Union (Italian citizens included) or of a Schengen Country or their family member?
    Your answer: "no"
  4. Are you a holder of long-term residence status in Italy or are you a family member of the latter, also resident in Italy?
    Your answer: "no"
Based on your answers, you can enter Italy. Read carefully the information provided below.

Prime Ministerial Decree of March 2, 2021 and Order of June 18, 2021 of the Minister of Health set forth provisions for travelling abroad until July 30, 2021.

In order to enter/return to Italy, you must:
  • fill out a digital Passenger Locator Form (only in case of lack of necessary tools to fill out the dPLF, you can use a paper-based self-declaration) and inform your local health authorities in Italy once you arrive.
  • present to the carrier and any other authorised person, an EU digital Covid Certificate showing proof that you have either:
    • been vaccinated against COVID-19 with an EMA authorised vaccine and you have completed the prescribed vaccination cycle since at least fourteen days;
    • received a negative result of a molecular or antigenic test carried out in the 48 hours before your arrival;
    • recovered from COVID-19 and you are no longer under prescription of self-isolation.
  • Inform local Health Authority of your arrival.
If you are unable to obtain an EU Digital Covid Certificate, you can enter Italy, but you must:
  • inform your local Health Authority
  • self-isolate for 10 days
  • undergo a molecular or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab, at the end of the 10-day self-isolation.
COVID-19 SURVEY (viaggiaresicuri.it)
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by 13901
From viaggiaresicuri.it:

COVID-19 SURVEY (viaggiaresicuri.it)
Thanks - so the issue will be producing the "COVID-19 Green Certificate" as given UK is non-EU, a UK passport holder would not be able to do this, and would have to quarantine for 10 days (5 more than if coming direct from the UK)? Seems illogical but not entirely surprising in this day and age.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:12 am

Thanks - so the issue will be producing the "COVID-19 Green Certificate" as given UK is non-EU, a UK passport holder would not be able to do this, and would have to quarantine for 10 days (5 more than if coming direct from the UK)? Seems illogical but not entirely surprising in this day and age.
What I've heard - mind you, I might be totally wrong and I'd like to find out more - is that another vaccination certification and/or test would suffice. Americans can't get the green certificate either but are entering anyway, and so can the Japanese, Canadians and Emiratis. I'm flying out of LIN tomorrow, I'll see if I can get one of the border cops to confirm.

It'd be great if the NHS's system was linked to this EU-wide system but... snowballs in hell have higher chances of making it I guess.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: OW
What I've heard - mind you, I might be totally wrong and I'd like to find out more - is that another vaccination certification and/or test would suffice. Americans can't get the green certificate either but are entering anyway, and so can the Japanese, Canadians and Emiratis. I'm flying out of LIN tomorrow, I'll see if I can get one of the border cops to confirm.

It'd be great if the NHS's system was linked to this EU-wide system but... snowballs in hell have higher chances of making it I guess.
Thank you - appreciate it. I thought that too / it would be logical... it's not explicitly stated anywhere that the UK holders can rely on the NHS vax certificate (in the same way that it is implied for US holders and reliance on the CDC certificate) as all the UK specific paragraphs from what I can tell are around direct travel and the 5-day quarantine. Clearly it's all evolving quickly and unsurprisingly there do seem to be some initial gaps in the rules and/or messaging!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dhuey
If you're a fully-vaccinated American, you can enter with just your CDC vaccination card and a completed E.U. Digital Passenger Locator. No need for a negative test. Just make sure you don't transit through the U.K. as that would trigger a five-day self-quarantine requirement.
I'm not sure this is quite true. I think you need an EU green card and that it has been said that Americans can qualify for it if they have been vaccinated. What's not clear is how one gets the EU green card. According to what I've read, it is up to the country that vaccinated to issue the "green card" and I haven't seen any progress on that in the US. I'm hoping that this will get resolved as we're scheduled to return to our house in Italy late August. We can always do the test, etc but it would be great if, as a vaccinated traveler, that we could transit without testing.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JMN57
I'm not sure this is quite true. I think you need an EU green card and that it has been said that Americans can qualify for it if they have been vaccinated. What's not clear is how one gets the EU green card. According to what I've read, it is up to the country that vaccinated to issue the "green card" and I haven't seen any progress on that in the US. I'm hoping that this will get resolved as we're scheduled to return to our house in Italy late August. We can always do the test, etc but it would be great if, as a vaccinated traveler, that we could transit without testing.
Everything I've seen about it is that the EU Green Card is available only to EU nationals, and I believe a few sorta-EU countries like Iceland and Norway.

Fortunately, Italy considers the CDC card to be green enough: "Those vaccinated in the U.S.A. can prove this via the "white card" bearing a CDC logo;"
https://ambwashingtondc.esteri.it/am...gli-usa-e.html
LETTERBOY and JMN57 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Everything I've seen about it is that the EU Green Card is available only to EU nationals, and I believe a few sorta-EU countries like Iceland and Norway.

Fortunately, Italy considers the CDC card to be green enough: "Those vaccinated in the U.S.A. can prove this via the "white card" bearing a CDC logo;"
GREAT!!! Thanks for the citation - that clears up what looked to be the unfolding of classic Italian bureaucratic circular reasoning.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JMN57
GREAT!!! Thanks for the citation - that clears up what looked to be the unfolding of classic Italian bureaucratic circular reasoning.
Indeed, this has been so muddled and confusing for weeks. You know it's bad when we FlyerTalkers are struggling to get reliable, clear information. I can't imagine what it's been like for novice travelers.

We (the fully-vaccinated, at least) finally have real clarity and simplicity.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: ITA
Originally Posted by olouie
Would a N95 mask work? Or has to be FPP2 rated? Not sure how they check the actual rating.
If it does not have a filter it should work. They don't actually look at ratings, but just divide them into chirurgical, FPP2 and fashion home made. The last one is not accepted in hospitals, cinemas ecc.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:31 pm

Thank you - appreciate it. I thought that too / it would be logical... it's not explicitly stated anywhere that the UK holders can rely on the NHS vax certificate (in the same way that it is implied for US holders and reliance on the CDC certificate) as all the UK specific paragraphs from what I can tell are around direct travel and the 5-day quarantine. Clearly it's all evolving quickly and unsurprisingly there do seem to be some initial gaps in the rules and/or messaging!

Morning from the twilight zone that is the extra-Schengen gates at LIN. I asked the border police officers as I was passing through and they said:

1. Indeed Americans with a CDC vaccination card are ok.
2. I then proceeded to show my NHS vaccination printout; cue in some head-scratching, then they all shrugged and said "Yeah, you're European, that should work"

I asked if a British passport holder would be OK with that if coming from elsewhere in Europe and they said that Brits should quarantine, that's what they've been told. I don't think they had further detail to explain cases such as eh220160's.

In your case I'd simply "chance" it. Maybe get a PCR test done in Greece just to hedge your bets at check-in. Arrivals from Greece are all Schengen so there shouldn't be a lot of checks, if any at all. Most friends who've been flying intra-EU have said that they weren't checked anywhere on arrival.
QT31415, annaschummi and eh220160 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:55 pm

Does anyone know what are the requirements for canadians? I only received a PDF with my vaccination and no other proof. I will probably get a test just to be on the safe side.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Harpagon
Does anyone know what are the requirements for canadians? I only received a PDF with my vaccination and no other proof. I will probably get a test just to be on the safe side.
check the questionnaire on viaggiaresicuri.it

https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html
Old Jun 26, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
check the questionnaire on viaggiaresicuri.it

https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html
questionnaire on viaggiaresicuri says Canadians need the Green Pass, I got my 2 doses in Canada but Canada doesn’t provide a green pass or any sort of vaccine passport so far. Hoping the printout of my 2 vaccine certificates for Ontario will be good enough!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:56 am

It should, CDC cards are allowed as well.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:49 am
mk2

Originally Posted by KLM671
questionnaire on viaggiaresicuri says Canadians need the Green Pass, I got my 2 doses in Canada but Canada doesn’t provide a green pass or any sort of vaccine passport so far. Hoping the printout of my 2 vaccine certificates for Ontario will be good enough!
KLM671 When is your expected date of departure from Pearson airport ?

Which airline are you thinking of ?

Would you mind reporting back once you've made the trip ?

I'm very curious on this too.

The 2 PDF from covid19.ontariohealth.ca looks "official" enough , but the thing is it doesn't say "certificate", it says "COVID-19 Vaccination Receipt" in both French and English.
The info in the PDF are pretty detailed.
Except no signature/seal/stamp/QRcode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.