FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Italy Entry requirements after June 21 -
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by eh220160
Thank you - appreciate it. I thought that too / it would be logical... it's not explicitly stated anywhere that the UK holders can rely on the NHS vax certificate (in the same way that it is implied for US holders and reliance on the CDC certificate) as all the UK specific paragraphs from what I can tell are around direct travel and the 5-day quarantine. Clearly it's all evolving quickly and unsurprisingly there do seem to be some initial gaps in the rules and/or messaging!
Originally Posted by dhuey
Everything I've seen about it is that the EU Green Card is available only to EU nationals, and I believe a few sorta-EU countries like Iceland and Norway.

Fortunately, Italy considers the CDC card to be green enough: "Those vaccinated in the U.S.A. can prove this via the "white card" bearing a CDC logo;"
https://ambwashingtondc.esteri.it/am...gli-usa-e.html
Morning from the twilight zone that is the extra-Schengen gates at LIN. I asked the border police officers as I was passing through and they said:

1. Indeed Americans with a CDC vaccination card are ok.
2. I then proceeded to show my NHS vaccination printout; cue in some head-scratching, then they all shrugged and said "Yeah, you're European, that should work"

I asked if a British passport holder would be OK with that if coming from elsewhere in Europe and they said that Brits should quarantine, that's what they've been told. I don't think they had further detail to explain cases such as eh220160's.

In your case I'd simply "chance" it. Maybe get a PCR test done in Greece just to hedge your bets at check-in. Arrivals from Greece are all Schengen so there shouldn't be a lot of checks, if any at all. Most friends who've been flying intra-EU have said that they weren't checked anywhere on arrival.