Coronavirus Update: Travel Ban extends to entire country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus Update: Travel Ban extends to entire country

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
I check the Italy trends like crazy - shows slight downward trajectory but can't figure out if they are finally on their way out of this nightmare or if this is just an anomaly. US still seems to are going up - I am based in Dallas and haven't left the house for 15 days. But I wake up today to a sore throat, slight cough and slight body ache and absolutely freaking out. I HATE living in fear. This sucks.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:16 pm

It is absolutely normal that you are afraid of that nasty virus. But if you've stayed home for 15 days, the possibility that you caught it is really minimal (essentially zero). The only thing that helps against your fear, then, is to stop watching/reading the continuous news reports that love to a) tell you horror stories, b) present interviews with knowledgeable experts who tell you things that are mis-interpreted by horror story-loving journalists and c) show interviews with self-declared experts who, after listing their credentials that have nothing to do with either epidemiology or virology, tell you the most amazing BS you can imagine. This "expert" (me ) will give you his only piece of advice: Turn off TV and related media, grab a book (or two, or three) and wait till it's over in a few weeks from today. Since you're based in Dallas, if you need to know what to do simply read what the CDC has to say. Believe me, they do know their business, as a matter of fact much better than the "experts" on TV or FT (me )!!!
obscure2k and DFW_CK like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Yes, if you have been inside for 15 days it is highly unlikely you will get very sick now.

If you read some Italian the newspaper IL POST has a regular feature on the virus and the data. Here is yesterday's:
https://www.ilpost.it/2020/04/02/not...vedi-2-aprile/
DFW_CK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.