Search

Recommendations, Please! Restaurants in/near Florence, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver
Recommendations, Please! Restaurants in/near Florence, Italy

I will be traveling to Florence / Rome in Italy for the very first time (actually, it will be my first time to Europe) in late November of this year.

I will be staying 5 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome.

While I have a good idea of what to do for sightseeing, I'd like to ask your input for some good restaurants in the area.
You can be sure that I will do my due diligence to research online, so any personal tips would be highly appreciated.

I'm hoping most meals will be under 30 euros, but I am also willing to splurge on certain meals since it is a special occasion for me.
If you can provide the following information, I will thank you!:

1. Name of the restaurant
2. Address (to identify in case of duplicate names)
3. Expected price range per person
4. Recommended dishes
5. Particular nuances (reservation, ambiance, etc.)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA
For your first trip to Europe and Italy, I'd suggest picking up the Rick Steves' books and trying his suggestions. I had a hard time with Italy. While I have traveled around a lot in Northern Europe and lived in both Norway and the U.K, the way things are in Italy are different.

Rick's company also produces a free smart phone app called "Audio Europe" that has really good museum and old town walking tours. There's no charge for it too.
LuckyBlueMonday likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:04 pm

The formatting of the information you're looking for suggests this is research for a blog or a publication. Regardless, everything you're looking for is already in the forum, have a look around.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:54 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
The formatting of the information you're looking for suggests this is research for a blog or a publication. Regardless, everything you're looking for is already in the forum, have a look around.
I'm a data analyst during the week, so I prefer to have some kind of formatting to make it easy to organize.
This is research for my personal trip in November, as stated in my original post.

Also noted in my original post is that I am looking and researching.
This is not my sole source of knowledge, but I do like to cover all bases and aggregate info whenever possible.

If you have recommendations, great. If not, then good day to you as well
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by LuckyBlueMonday
I'm a data analyst during the week, so I prefer to have some kind of formatting to make it easy to organize.
This is research for my personal trip in November, as stated in my original post.

Also noted in my original post is that I am looking and researching.
This is not my sole source of knowledge, but I do like to cover all bases and aggregate info whenever possible.

If you have recommendations, great. If not, then good day to you as well
I suggest searching the forum. There's a ton here on Florence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.