Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

15 hours layover in rome inquiry

15 hours layover in rome inquiry

Old Oct 11, 18, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Question 15 hours layover in rome inquiry

Dears,

I would like to inquire please on sth, we are group of 4 people leaving from Cairo to JFK and back Los Angeles to Cairo, we have a 15 hours connection in Rome and only one of us hold schengen visa, my question is since the connection is so long some countries allow you to leave for few hours to take a tour and come back in decent time before the departure, also my main concern is that my mother is cancer fighter and 15 hours in an airport might be overwhelming for her, i've sent several emails explaining the case but i haven't received any replied by far.

Please help me if you have any idea.
Old Oct 11, 18, 11:16 pm

Being a "Schengen" citizen I can't offer a piece of advice based on my own experience (although I think this is not possible). But to get a valid answer and not one based on dubious info, I'd suggest one of the following: Ask at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in Cairo, ask the Cairo reps for Alitalia (I assume you fly them) or look at the Timatic database (the dedicated database used by airlines). If you don't fly Alitalia, throughout I assume that you are on two tickets with different airlines and the simple answer is that the three of you will not be accepted on the flight to FCO from Cairo unless in possession of a Schengen visa.

Search this Thread