Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another (sorry) "Where do I stay in Venice?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cbastian
You might consider Ca' Pozzo, on a side canal off the Ponte delle Guglie. It's down a side alley, but only steps from the canal, and there's an airport vaporetto stop right there. You'll be around the corner from the Jewish quarter and a lot of local shops and restaurants.

http://www.capozzoinn.com/
I'd have trouble staying there because of the location. It's right where the Canareggio Canal begins. Canareggio has a lot of nice, quiet, authentic places, but not right there, basically 3 blocks from the train station. Pretty much, the only way to get to most places from there is to walk down Strada Nova.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Thank you. I took a look as well and both the location and rooms (even accounting for the unreliability of the pictures) don't seem as close to what we're looking for as some of the other suggestions, although the room rate is certainly much better!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Too many.
Originally Posted by Perche
...Walking along the Zattere is very beautiful. Taking a vaporetto across to the Giudecca and exploring its back streets is also a good way to spend a couple of hours....
We're looking at a couple of Airbnbs on back streets of Giudecca for a short 3 day stop in first week of April. Anyone with experience staying in Giudecca? Its appeal is that its far removed from San Marco tourista. However, we'll be spending a couple of afternoons/evenings walking around & dining in Castello. How long will the vaporetto take to get back to Giudecca from eastern Castello stops?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:51 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Msmcmotown
We're looking at a couple of Airbnbs on back streets of Giudecca for a short 3 day stop in first week of April. Anyone with experience staying in Giudecca? Its appeal is that its far removed from San Marco tourista. However, we'll be spending a couple of afternoons/evenings walking around & dining in Castello. How long will the vaporetto take to get back to Giudecca from eastern Castello stops?
As you are only spending 3 days and are planning on spending a couple of those days in Castello, why not stay in Castello? Some areas seem as far removed from San Marco as Guidecca and you will not be dependent on the vaporetto.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Msmcmotown
It's just a 15 minute or less ride, but it's not worth it in your particular case. Giudecca is great, I've stayed there many times, sometimes for weeks at a time. For a 3 day stay it's going to be too much of a hassle to go back and forth across the Giudecca Canal. If your goal is to explore Castello, stay in Castello.

Remember, a vaporetto costs 7.5 euros each way. That's 30 euros for each round trip back and forth to Venice for the two of you. It's cheaper with a pass, but a 3 day pass for two people costs 80 euros. If you get tired and go to Giudecca at 7PM for a break you're not going to want to go all the way back to Venice proper at 8PM, and there will only be a couple of places open in Giudecca. Giudecca is a wonderful part of Venice with completely unspoiled and untouched back streets, but Venice is very easy to visit in early April.

There are never any crowds in Castello, even during high season, except right along the waterfront as you approach San Marco, because 95% of visitors make the mistake of staying near San Marco or the Rialto Bridge.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Too many.
Giudecca

Thanks for the insights. Sometimes one forgets about how fast things like vaporetto fees can add up...We're now looking in Costello at interesting looking airbnbs.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great thread! what does italy forum say re Ca'Sagredo? and San Polo? cheers!

(two separate questions)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2017 at 11:21 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
great thread! what does italy forum say re Ca'Sagredo? and San Polo? cheers!
You are mixing things up. Ca' Sagredo is the name of a hotel. San Polo is the name of a neighborhood.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:16 am

Just to bump this old thread - has anyone got any airbnb recommendations? Ideally looking around Castello! Would prefer airbnb but would consider budget hotels too. Our main issue is that we arrive late (2030) and depart late (flight out is at 2300) two days later! Therefore - hoping a airbnb will be more flexible with check-out times!
Old May 17, 2019, 9:44 am

I've actually just booked Hotel Bisanzio - so any tips would be appreciated
Old May 17, 2019, 2:17 pm

Perfect. They have different rooms, and even nice apartments. Check your room assignment, and depending on length of stay, possibility of one of the two apartments. You’ll be well tucked away from the crowds, but only 5 minutes away from them. Ten minute walk to San Marco, 15 minutes to biennale. But no crowds. Also 5 minutes away from authentic Venice where no tourists go. Don’t expect super luxury, but just normal Venice. BTW the apartments, a little hard to get because of demand, can easily fit 5-6 people. Might be going there next week myself.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Perche
Perfect. They have different rooms, and even nice apartments. Check your room assignment, and depending on length of stay, possibility of one of the two apartments. You’ll be well tucked away from the crowds, but only 5 minutes away from them. Ten minute walk to San Marco, 15 minutes to biennale. But no crowds. Also 5 minutes away from authentic Venice where no tourists go. Don’t expect super luxury, but just normal Venice. BTW the apartments, a little hard to get because of demand, can easily fit 5-6 people. Might be going there next week myself.
Thank you so much! We are only going for two days - a quick trip without the kids.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I read most of this thread. Thanks for all the great recommendations. I'm considering booking 3 nights (Sun Jun 16 to Wed Jun 19) in the loft at the Bisanzio for 4 adults and 1 child (4 y.o.). Are there any kids parks within walking distance of this hotel?

Or you guys would recommend staying somewhere else in Venice with a child?

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I read most of this thread. Thanks for all the great recommendations. I'm considering booking 3 nights (Sun Jun 16 to Wed Jun 19) in the loft at the Bisanzio for 4 adults and 1 child (4 y.o.). Are there any kids parks within walking distance of this hotel?

Or you guys would recommend staying somewhere else in Venice with a child?

Thanks.
Dorsudoro area is good with a child. Close to the Zattere, so lots of space to run around. Check properties in that area. Conveniently located but not crowded.
mintcilantro likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Dorsudoro area is good with a child. Close to the Zattere, so lots of space to run around. Check properties in that area. Conveniently located but not crowded.
Thanks. I found this apartment in that area. It was listed on airbnb but booking direct helped me avoid the junk fees that airbnb charges

https://www.veniceitalyapartments.co...mia-apartment/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.