Reload this Page >

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rove312
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Aeroporto Internazionale Leonardo da Vinci
Main airport of Rome, located in Fiumicino
NOTE: Wikiposts are community property and maintained; they can be edited by signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts.
Wikipost contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner next to Edit button).

Location: 35 km (22 mi.) southwest of Rome, connected by road (taxi, etc. approx. one hour) and train (30 minutes).

Address: Aeroporto Internazionale Fiumicino, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy

Websites
Link to Rome Airports official site (English); Collegamento a sito ufficiale di Aeroporti di Roma (Italiano)
Extensive information on transportation, arrivals and departures, etc.
Link to Wikipedia page on FCO.

Terminals
As of December 2021, FCO's active terminals are T1 and T3.

To determine the terminal for your airline, do a search at https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-...ore-travelling . As of May 2022, the list of airlines using each terminal appears outdated; for example Lufthansa isn't on the list of airlines using T1, but a search shows it using T1. For the most part, Schengen based airlines use Terminal 1; non-Schengen Terminal 3.

Gates are numbered with A for Schengen, E for non-Schengen; U.S.-bound flights are generally from the satellite gate area E31-44, accessed by a rail people mover. All gates can be accessed from either terminal; for example ITA flights to the U.S. check in at T1, on the east side of the complex, but depart from the satellite gates well to the west.

Baggage claim is at T1 for Schengen (i.e. if connecting, the flight to FCO departs from a Schengen airport), T3 for non-Schengen, regardless of which terminal the airline uses for check-in.

Lodging
Two hotels located at FCO, One located on its periphery:
Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Via Arturo Ferrarin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino, Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-65258 FAX: +39-06-6525 6525
517 Soundproofed rooms
Airport Train Station at walking distance
Connected to all terminals by covered pedestrian walkway
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop)
Complimentary shuttle bus to downtown Rome 8 times a day
Link to property website
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

HelloSky Rome
Via Generale Felice Santini (Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci), 00054 Fiumicino RM
TEL +39 06 971 50 200
E-mail: [email protected]
Located landside, in front of Terminals 1 and 3
29 Rooms, not a traditional hotel: includes an arrivals lounge, shower rentals and VIP fast track offers
More info in this post: FCO: HelloSky's New Arrival Lounge + Air Rooms (Hilton no longer only onsite hotel)

Hilton Garden Inn
Via Vittorio Bragadin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-6525 9000 FAX: +39-06-6525 9001
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop - no pedestrian access
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Other hotels and B&Bs are located at Fiumicino near the airport, including Best Western Hotel Rome Airport, Golden Tulip, Sllep and Fly, etc.

Transport
Link to FT thread: FCO ground transportation options
Link to ADR FCO page on transport, parking, etc.
Link to Rome Toolkit page on FCO surface transport.

Train Station is well signed, covered pedestrian way with moving walkways, lifts / escalators, 5-10 minutes walking from terminals.
Leonardo Express (Trenitalia) to/from Rome Termini railway station departing every 15-30 minutes and trip time of 32 minutes. 14€. Onward connections. Advance online ticket purchase includes discounts include fast track and FCO lounges. Trenitalia link
Regional FL1 trains to/from other Rome stations including Rome Tiburtina. Departures every 15 to 30 minutes.
Frecciargento (Trenitalia high speed train) to / from cities of Rome, Florence, Bologna, Padua and Venice daily.
Departure from Fiumicino Airport: 13.53. Arrival at Fiumicino Airport: 14.07.

Bus link (Terravision info on this linked page is outdated. See the other link below)
Several local busses serve FCO, and can get you to Ostia Lido, Fiumicino, several Rome locations including Termini rail station, connections to the underground, etc. Terravision bus is the one of the economical transport to Rome at 5.90€. Link.
Or try S.I.T from T-3 with three stops in the center. http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/en/fares/
Direct bus to Naples: https://www.fiumicinoexpress.com/?lang=en

Left luggage / porterage
Luggage storage in Terminal 3, International Arrivals, daily every 7 am to 11 pm
Telephone: +39 0665953541
Rate: 10€ per suitcase for up to 24 hours; payment upon collection of baggage.
Luggage porter service available for a fee, which can be requested at the ADR information desks and from the interactive multimedia stations.
​To book the porter service:
Telephone +39 0665958349-7510
Fax +39 0665955133
email [email protected]

Print Wikipost

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
I’m looking at an overnight layover (single PNR) and wonder if anyone has advice for lodging near FCO that is less than US$100/night?

A search of hotel booking sites shows places within a few miles of FCO that are in my price range - I just don’t know whether getting to them, and especially looking to check in after midnight, is doable.

I’d be arriving from a non-Schengen country at ca. 11:30 pm (23h00), which would seem to present difficulties regarding a pensione (I would guess) or apartment or AirBnB that late (I am pretty much positive). Would hotels have issues with such a late check-in?

I need a non-smoking room to boot, which might make things even more complicated.

The three airport hotels listed are out of my price range.

(My continuing flight the next morning would not be until nearly noon, so much less problematic on that side.)

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:22 am

Look for hotels in the town of Fiumicino, there are a few. Ostia, a few km further south, is also a possibility. The rooms will be well under 100€/night. I know for sure that there is a bus between Ostia and the airport and there may well be one to/from Fiumicino too; otherwise, a taxi would bring your expenses way up again. I'm certain that you could check-in at the hotels around midnight but, just to make sure, call them before booking.
Kamalaasaa likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
I’m looking at an overnight layover (single PNR) and wonder if anyone has advice for lodging near FCO that is less than US$100/night?

A search of hotel booking sites shows places within a few miles of FCO that are in my price range - I just don’t know whether getting to them, and especially looking to check in after midnight, is doable.

I’d be arriving from a non-Schengen country at ca. 11:30 pm (23h00), which would seem to present difficulties regarding a pensione (I would guess) or apartment or AirBnB that late (I am pretty much positive). Would hotels have issues with such a late check-in?

I need a non-smoking room to boot, which might make things even more complicated.

The three airport hotels listed are out of my price range.

(My continuing flight the next morning would not be until nearly noon, so much less problematic on that side.)

Thanks for your help.
You might check out the Hotel Tiber in Fiumicino town. I stayed there before a recent flight as I did not want to pay the 150+euros per night that the Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn would have cost. It was a good hotel but the shuttle. There was a shuttle service and there is also a bus available not far way. Taxi would be about 25 from the airport to the hotel and I only paid about 50euros for the hotel including breakfast. You should have no problems filling all your requirements with that option I think. The town also has several restaurants nearby but not exactly sure how late in case you need food upon arrival.
tmac100 and Kamalaasaa like this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Pleb
Does business class give access to an expedited passport queue at Fiumicino (i.e. for non-EU passport holder)?

Alternatively can anyone recommend a VIP meet-and-greet service?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:17 am

I don't think there's a Marhaba-style meet-and-greet service. FCO had some quite good e-gates for EU/US/UK/SG/AU/NZ/JP/SK passengers in pre-Covid times though I'm not too sure of what the situation is at the moment.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:15 pm

After being closed since March 2020, a renovated Terminal 1 reopened Aug. 6, 2021 for check-in of mostly LCCs: Aegean Airlines, Air Malta, Albastar, Eurowings, Ryanair, Vueling Airlines. From the ADR site in Italian. Baggage claim is still in T3.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:46 pm

T1 is not becoming an LCC terminal: Aegean and Air Malta are definitely not LCCs and Easyjet stays in T3! AdR moves airlines between T1 and T3 according to "unpublished" criteria every now and then.

Last edited by KLouis; Aug 8, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:39 am

Does FCO still offer any sort of VIP service for departing passengers on International flights (I would like to avoid the very long and slow passport control line I waited nearly 2 hours in when departing FCO a few years ago)?

Last edited by gstork; Sep 16, 2021 at 12:09 pm
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Which lounges are currently operating at FCO?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Landing at FCO at 4:45PM on a Thursday (Schengen Arrival on TAP) later this month. Will have bags to pick up. Need to get to Sorrento. I think my best options time wise are train and then private transfer Naples to Sorrento. Question is safe estimate of time from landing to being at the train. How long should I estimate for that? I'm planning on getting a changeable train fare, but I want to lock in something. Should I plan on a 6pm train or is closer to 6:30 safer?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:15 pm

Presuming this is for departure from the airport station, I'd be tempted to book the itinerary based on the 18.38 departure if you want a changeable fare, meaning the 19.35 departure from Termini, but you can change it if the time works out for you to take an earlier departure from Termini. The Leonardo Express leaves FCO at 8 and 38 past the hour, and the trains you can connect to are typically just short of an hour after that.

There's a direct bus from FCO to Naples https://www.fiumicinoexpress.com but if I'm reading October schedules correctly there would be nothing between 16.55 and 20.55.
mloradites likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Just flew out of FCO yesterday. Checked in at terminal one for a Vueling flight and the main terminal looks nice but still empty of shops, duty free etc...
Also before security they asked for my Vax cert, told them I have it and they let me though to security. It was a walk but the Star Alliance lounge is now open 2nd level from gates A1-10, I am star gold but flying Vueling was surprised they let me in with my PP card. Lounge did close at 19:45, alcohol served and food needs to be ordered as buffet is closed.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:43 am

From the airport site:
Passengers are advised that as of the 15th of November, check-in operations for Air Baltic, Air Europa, Air France, Iberia, KLM, Luxair, Norwegian, Tap Air Portugal and Wizz Air will be moved from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1.The latter will be expanded with the opening of a new area available to passengers and represents a further step in the extensive investment programme currently underway to create a new state-of-the-art boarding area, operational by next summer, which will be cutting edge in Europe.
Also from the 15th of November, baggage reclaim for all domestic and Schenghen flights will be transferred from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, due to renovation work being carried out in Terminal 3.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:54 am

Think the Wiki is out of date. Seems like Terminal 2 no longer exists (?), Terminal 5 is under construction. There are only boarding areas A and E now. I think A corresponds to the old "D gates". Both Terminal 1 and 3 security lets you access all gates airside as far as I can tell so the distinction only matters for check in counters.

There's a Star Alliance lounge upstairs in the A gates that accepts Priority Pass. As far as I can tell based on the information I was given at the airport (not 100% sure), the Alitalia/ITA Airways lounges are no longer exist (despite the SkyTeam website). Instead, there are two Prima Vista lounges they're contracting out to, one in the A gates, one in the satellite terminal (non-Schengen flights only).
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:11 am

Yes, the Wiki is out of date. I don't know if there are plans to reopen Terminal 5. When I was at the airport in October, I noticed only signs referring to A and E areas, but hadn't noticed that that the other designations were gone, A apparently taking the place of B, C, and D. The ADR.it site has maps of boarding areas, but it isn't too clear where the boarding areas are in relation to each other. They show gates A31-59 as "currently not operational."

ETA: A zoom-in of the terminal on Google Maps, and the titles of the PDFs, would indicate that gates A1-10 are the former D gates, and gates A21-27 are the former C gates. I may have a go at editing the wiki.

Last edited by rove312; Dec 1, 2021 at 11:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.