Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel for flying out of MXP?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Best hotel for flying out of MXP?

We'll be ending our Italy trip in Milan to fly home MXP-JFK. We don't expect to arrive in Milan until the day before we leave so I think I'd prefer a hotel that's easy to get to MXP for our flight home.

How far away is the airport from one day must-see sights in Milan? Ideally a Marriott or Hilton is close enough to the airport so I can use an FNA but I don't see a close Marriott and the Hilton looks like it's 15 miles away from MXP.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Sheraton Malpensa (Marriott) hands down. We always stay there when flying MXP-JFK. It's at Terminal 1 above the train platform and a 1 minute covered walk from the hotel to the terminal. It is definitely much more relaxing to spend the night at the airport and have a calm morning. The alternative of staying in Milan and getting up VERY early to get to Malpensa for an AM flight is not at all attractive. There is another Marriott brand alternative @ MXP - the Moxy - and it is cheaper but requires taking a bus to get to the terminal. The Sheraton is by far the best choice.

During the walk make sure to stop and see the words inscribed on the walkway.

“tutti i passi che ho fatto nella mia vita mi hanno portato qui, ora”
“every step I have taken in my life has led me here, now,”
13901 and Graciecatt like this.

Last edited by JMN57; Apr 12, 2024 at 6:55 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMN57
Sheraton Malpensa (Marriott) hands down. We always stay there when flying MXP-JFK. It's at Terminal 1 above the train platform and a 1 minute covered walk from the hotel to the terminal. It is definitely much more relaxing to spend the night at the airport and have a calm morning. The alternative of staying in Milan and getting up VERY early to get to Malpensa for an AM flight is not at all attractive. There is another Marriott brand alternative @ MXP - the Moxy - and it is cheaper but requires taking a bus to get to the terminal. The Sheraton is by far the best choice.

During the walk make sure to stop and see the words inscribed on the walkway.

“tutti i passi che ho fatto nella mia vita mi hanno portato qui, ora”
“every step I have taken in my life has led me here, now,”
How far is the main section of Milan from the airport? We'll be wanting to go out to dinner the night before and see a little bit of Milan when we arrive the day before our flight. Is there a subway/train that goes from the airport to the town/city?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
How far is the main section of Milan from the airport? We'll be wanting to go out to dinner the night before and see a little bit of Milan when we arrive the day before our flight. Is there a subway/train that goes from the airport to the town/city?
https://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/

Assuming Milano Centrale train station, trains leave every hour in the evening @ hh:25 and take about 50 minutes. You can use the link to research stations and timing. If you are coming through Milano, you may want to check your bags at the station, explore Milan & dine and then head to Malpensa. Going there first to check in and then return to Milano to explore is a lot of overhead.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMN57
https://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/

Assuming Milano Centrale train station, trains leave every hour in the evening @ hh:25 and take about 50 minutes. You can use the link to research stations and timing. If you are coming through Milano, you may want to check your bags at the station, explore Milan & dine and then head to Malpensa. Going there first to check in and then return to Milano to explore is a lot of overhead.
Thank you - that's exactly what I needed to know!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Take a train to Cadorna station, not Centrale. Faster trains, closer to the center (Duomo).
In Milan, I'd take a tram from either station to the center. They're a bit slower than the subway, but you see where you're going...
Graciecatt likes this.

Last edited by tom tulpe; Apr 13, 2024 at 6:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.