Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid Upgrades at Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Paid Upgrades at Check-In

Hi everyone. Just curious is this exists and how much, so wondering if there are any data points out there?

JFK-MXP, either Y to J or Premium to J.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:44 am

Can't speak from experience but from a few reports online it should be the same as on Alitalia before: if selected for an upgrade you receive an email a few days before the flight to make your offer. Unlike other airlines seems you won't receive a fixed price offer during check-in, but maybe someone has direct experience otherwise.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I flew with ITA from Brussels to Rome a few days ago and inquired at check-in if they were offering discounted paid upgrade and was told no. Maybe it was because it was intra-EU.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:45 am

I did JFK-FCO, was a last minute buy and I didn't do the online bid for an upgrade, but there were tons of seats in the business seat map. I went early to the airport and inquired about any upgrade and they processed it for $610, which looked to be cheaper than what the minimum bid options online were for that flight. They did write "no lounge" on the ticket.

On the return I did the online bidding at the minimum as it looked empty, and the upgrade cleared around 70 hours out. A bug in their online tool wouldn't let me pick a seat if I'd already had a seat selected on the first flight - I had to "delete" my saved seat for the first flight (??), and then it would allow me to pick a seat for the upcoming flight. Lounge access was automatic for this, and the FCO lounge was worth it, very good food, pizza in particular, wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.