Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Exec. Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador.
Originally Posted by Graf von B
Nope. Usually there is during the summer but probably on hiatus because of the virus.
thank you
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Late Summer/Autumn 2020 Password

From Facebook:

Not planes, not trains. Automobiles.
Surprise.
Our social password is in full effect beginning today. Just say "Road Trip" during check-in at any Kimpton hotel, and the front desk will treat you to a nice surprise. Which will be great after that journey on the open road to your happy place
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
That worked at Charlotte Square in Edinburgh - one miniature of single malt arrived a few minutes later.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thank you FlyinHawaiian!

I was given a half-bottle of wine at the NYC Muse. That along with an exec suite upgrade made for a nice stay.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Kimpton Brice (Savannah, GA)

"We're under new management. You're the second person to mention this but I can't help you. Enjoy your stay!"

Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Kimpton Brice (Savannah, GA)

"We're under new management. You're the second person to mention this but I can't help you. Enjoy your stay!"

Talk about showing your entire [nether regions].
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:11 am

Kimpton Shorebreak (Huntington Beach)

The brought out the game "Shoot the Moon". Each slot corresponds to a different prize. The first slot was a high five...The other slots you can either choose points (200-1000) or some random items (soda, miniature liquor, forgot what the others were).

We checked in 3x already and won different amounts of points each time. For one stay, the points showed up immediately but still haven't received them for the other two stays (both recent). How long does it usually take these bonus points to show up? I imagine it should be pretty immediately since we also received welcome bonus points (in lieu of the $10 raid the bar credit) and that showed up almost immediately.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Palomar Philly. $10 F&B credit in addition to the $15 for IC. So $25 off our al fresco dinner. There is also a healthy takeaway bar behind the front desk in if you just want booze.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:17 am

Kimpton DeWitt AMS: Free Breakfast (regular version) + Choclates and Wine in the Room after we came back from a Walk.

Fantastic Staff.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: IHG Platinum/ DL Silver
Kimpton Muse NYC Times Square

Half bottle of wine or 5000 points. I took the points.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:00 pm

Social password is back!

The new pw is “Lift you spirits” and promo good till Valentines Day. ...... time to be traveling, but there you have it!
ernestnywang and bimmerfreak0 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Kimpton Shinjuku Tokyo
Additional Raid the Bar ticket (can be exchanged for one drink item from the bar menu for up to JPY 2,500)
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Kimpton Da An Hotel (Taipei)
The gifts were a bottle of San Pellegrino and a few nougat bars. Mediocre I'd say.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Kimpton Da An Hotel (Taipei)
The gifts were a bottle of San Pellegrino and a few nougat bars. Mediocre I'd say.
For me the San Pellegrino was already waiting in the room with some welcome fruits, so clearly not part of the password “surprise,” which would mean you actually only got nougat bars for your password. Less than mediocre!

I got some bath salts for the secret password this past weekend. Didn’t really get me excited but the upgraded room they gave me came with a bathtub so I guess it was practical. Considering they have a really nice bar on the rooftop, I was kinda hoping for some extra raid the bar credit.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:56 am

Kimpton Everly (Hollywood) involved picking a letter from a basket. I drew a 2pm checkout, which was graciously extended to 4pm since I already had late checkout as a Platinum Ambassador. It worked out very well since this was just a one-day staycation to celebrate the end of the stay-at-home order in CA, and it was my last chance to qualify for the Ambassador renewal free night offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.