Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
A result! I had an outstanding Hertz rental from a couple of weeks ago where the 500 BMI miles (corporate rate) hadn't yet appeared. I did a retroclaim on hertz.com yesterday asking for PC points instead and I just got an e-mail saying that 875 PC points were on their way.

That gets me to 4 - points.com, PC shopping, Amex MR and Hertz. Hope this does actually work for non-US residents!
Good show!

I don't recall any language in the PC promotion stating that it was applicable to just North America residents -- therefore, it should work for you and others similarly situated.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abcx
Seems like a no go, though hopefully it may still show up.
Originally Posted by abcx
My purchase from restaurant.com is not tracking from 08/24 yet. I hope I don't have to order again.

Just sent customer support an email.
Originally Posted by mikeef
Same problem. Let me know what they tell you.

Mike
Originally Posted by mikeef
If it never posts, no biggie. We go to the restaurant all the time anyway, so it's not as if I won't use them.

Mike
Mine ordered on 08/25 shows up in tracking but my husband's ordered on 08/26 does not show up still. I actually went to a different computer to order it. His is a generic Restaurant.com gift certificate without any specific restaurant attached as the one we like was out of stock of their $25 certs.

I just talked to Restaurant.com customer support, they said they have no control how tracking goes.

I may order a $10 actual cert again for another $0.80 throw-away on Monday if the tracking still a no show, just to see how it works.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:10 am
Community Director Emerita

As a newcomer to partner bonuses, I signed up for points.com yesterday using the link provided earlier in the thread for 500 points. I then moved some AS points to Priority Club, naively thinking this would be a second activity. Both posted today as points.com - pretty obvious when I think about it, but not so obvious to me yesterday. Thus, I have one partner bonus and not two. fwiw
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:28 am

Forgive me for being naive, but which program is AS? I see it on a lot of you, and I see it mentioned quite a bit, but it isn't clicking for me.

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:30 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dsteinke
...which program is AS?
Alaska Airlines
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
As a newcomer to partner bonuses, I signed up for points.com yesterday using the link provided earlier in the thread for 500 points. I then moved some AS points to Priority Club, naively thinking this would be a second activity. Both posted today as points.com - pretty obvious when I think about it, but not so obvious to me yesterday. Thus, I have one partner bonus and not two. fwiw
Per suggestion from Soitgoes, I did transfer another 6 AS miles in husband's account despite he already got the 500pt bonus from points.com when signing up his points.com account, just to make sure if there is any internal code for "Swap", the AS to PC would trigger it as we would not know how the internal accounting codes work eventhough they all show up as Points.com.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jbelinc
Thanks NJUPINTHEAIR for the info, I'll buy a box of pens from Office Max.com.
The pen thing is not going to work. I would need to spend $50 to get free shipping, I would pay $7.95 shipping on $1.99 box of pens. Instead I swapped 20 S&H Greenpoints for 2 PC points on Points.com.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:45 pm
Suspended

The pen thing is not going to work. I would need to spend $50 to get free shipping, I would pay $7.95 shipping on $1.99 box of pens. Instead I swapped 20 S&H Greenpoints for 2 PC points on Points.com.
Yup! That works!

I encourage those who do not want to buy points to consider the separate link for the Officemax option: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...officemax.html

All of us need to buy ink and some other supplies from time to time and getting over the $50 threshold is not too onerous if you don't want to exercise some of the other options mentioned earlier.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Yup! That works!

I encourage those who do not want to buy points to consider the separate link for the Officemax option: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...officemax.html

All of us need to buy ink and some other supplies from time to time and getting over the $50 threshold is not too onerous if you don't want to exercise some of the other options mentioned earlier.
I used this link as one of my husband's partners in addition to the PCR Mall for the restauarant.com. I bought some Post-its and sending to my friend in Orlando. My husband's PC account number showed up in gold at the very top of the screen so hopefully it was captured.

How long does it take for the Office Max direct link to post?

Still no tracking on either of my husband's restaurant.com transactions. One was 24 Aug, one was 27 Aug. I think the first one was stuffed up because my name was on the Paypal account. The second one, I made sure his name was on it and did screen shots. Maybe they do a weekly sweep to get the posting info to show up in the Customer Service link. I did a query and got the same form email as the other poster.

Originally Posted by PC Customer Service
Dear Mr. abcx;

Thank you for contacting Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) Support.

While we do show you clicking thru Priority Club Rewards Shopping to Restaurant.com on the date indicated of 8/24/2009, the merchant has not reported information for this order. The Priority Club Rewards Shopping program does not have access to order information unless the merchant reports it to us as occurs with a valid Priority Club Rewards Shopping purchase. We are unable to credit points unless a merchant reports and credits your purchase as being ordered through the Priority Club Rewards Shopping program.

After you provide your Priority Club Rewards member information on the Shop Now page of the Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) mall and then click the 'Shop Now' button, you are passed from the Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) mall to the merchant site to make the purchase. Once you reach the merchants site you are no longer connected to Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM). You will not be prompted to provide your Priority Club Rewards member information at the time of check out.

After a qualified purchase is made, the merchant will report back to the Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) program the information required to post the points earned to your Priority Club Rewards account which can take up to 4 weeks for ship date. Once we receive the report, the points will be posted to your account within 8 weeks from the date of shipping. Some limited exceptions do apply.

After the initial reporting time (many times earlier as reporting times vary from merchant to merchant), you can check the status of orders on Priority Club Rewards Shopping by clicking on the Customer Service bar at the top of the screen, and choosing 'I would like to search for an order' from the pull down menu.

Points will only be credited if you have clicked through the Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) mall and completed a purchase online in the same session. If you change or place the order over the phone or in a store the Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) program will not receive credit for your purchase and cannot issue credit for points.

We appreciate your business and hope you will visit Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) again soon.

Thank you,

Priority Club Rewards Shopping(SM) Support
[email protected]
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Per my earlier post, feel free to PM me for a free shipping code for Avon.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Avon has plenty of lip balms available for 99 cents or less. If you know an Avon rep you can get a free shipping code. I am not, but if you don't know anyone, I can refer you to my sister in law. PM me.

You access the Avon website through her link, place your order with the free shipping code, but do not check out. Just leave the item in your shopping cart.

You then access the Avon website again through the PCR Shopping link and complete the purchase.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Per my earlier post, feel free to PM me for a free shipping code for Avon.
Yeah, but iTunes and Restaurant.com are also cheap PCR shopping options.

OfficeMax is great because it's not PCR shopping--it's a separate partner.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:14 pm

points com

Do the points that are deposited into your Priority acct. that you get for joining points com. count??? (not a transfer through points com)
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mech11
Do the points that are deposited into your Priority acct. that you get for joining points com. count??? (not a transfer through points com)
We dont know. It shows up as from Points.com, just like Swap and Purchase PC pts - that leads me to think there are some Internal accounting / ID codes to differentiate the nature of the posting - otherwise, how can the system distinguish a Point purchase (processed by points.com) and a Swap?

Therefore, soitgoes suggested it does not hurt to make a smallish AS miles or whatever you have, transfer to PC points just to make sure. I did a 6 AS miles to 2 PC pts on top of the 500 PC pts bonus.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
We dont know. It shows up as from Points.com, just like Swap and Purchase PC pts - that leads me to think there are some Internal accounting / ID codes to differentiate the nature of the posting - otherwise, how can the system distinguish a Point purchase (processed by points.com) and a Swap?

Therefore, soitgoes suggested it does not hurt to make a smallish AS miles or whatever you have, transfer to PC points just to make sure. I did a 6 AS miles to 2 PC pts on top of the 500 PC pts bonus.
Or --

Calculate how much it would cost for you to do a "double" transfer -- Enough of the PC points that you got from the sign-up into:

1). Another of the Points.com partners, and

2). Then transfer from that partner back to your PC Points.com account!

If you are going to do the above maneuver, you first must figure the minimum number of points in the program you transfer into that are sufficient to generate 1 PC club point in the "back" transfer. Once this is determined, then you can calculate just how many PC points will be needed in the first transfer into the other Points.com partner that will be necessary to accomplish the "back" transfer.

Admittedly you are going to lose PC points in the process, but if you don't have an AS account or any other account you wish to use, then this is a decent option if you are looking for PC points from this promotion just to have some presence in the program -- like me -- keeping a reserve back-up of points should you need them in the future if the other hotel programs you are a member of are not suitable for your needs in a given area with PC coverage.

Query: -- Is there a sign-up bonus for joining AS, and if so, how much is it, and does anybody have a link? Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Query: -- Is there a sign-up bonus for joining AS, and if so, how much is it, and does anybody have a link? Thanks!
https://www.alaskaair.com/www2/ssl/m...B-0E4BC8F2DEE9

Only thing I can find is 500 miles upon signup for AS mileage program, not sure what everyone referencing 3000 AS miles in this thread is talking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.