Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:08 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Not sure what you are confused about? I had my first stay in Feb and but didnt join the Ambassador program until May, I only started staying at IC's in May, before that my stays were at HI and CP, make sense?
Sorry, I wasn't referring to being confused by you. I'm once again confused by the program as I have more nights, more IC stays, etc and I'm still not renewed as RA.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Another sample email from the ambassador service

Dear Mr. Comet21,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We would like to inform you that Royal Ambassador status is extended by invitation only to the top one percent tier of InterContinental Ambassador members based on their recorded hotel nights during their Ambassador membership term. May we take this opportunity to explain that at this time, there is no exact number of qualifying nights or InterContinental stays that a member must complete in order to achieve the Royal Ambassador status. The stays of each member is relative to the highest number of stays of a certain Ambassador member.

Thank you, Mr. Comet21, for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.

Either way, there seems to be no real guide as to what their criterias are.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by EdV
Sorry, I wasn't referring to being confused by you. I'm once again confused by the program as I have more nights, more IC stays, etc and I'm still not renewed as RA.
Is it possible that they are giving more weight to IC stays than we realize? It appears that the more IC nights included in the total stay count required (assumed to be in the 50-60 range), the better the chances of getting RA renewed.

Based on your stated stay counts relative to other reports, you should have qualified, unless the IC stays are near the lower end of the total, and, if so, might that be the problem.

mxm135
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:29 am

Just logged into my PC account and saw the "5 Sep 2009 Royal Ambassador Renewal"

My RA was to expire on Nov 31, so the automatic renewal was in line with what has been discussed in this thread.

In terms of numbers, I've done 56 nights in my current ambassador year, with 35 of those nights at ICs (7 or 8 different ICs). I've also spent about 15 reward nights at ICs.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 1:41 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by uproared
Just logged into my PC account and saw the "5 Sep 2009 Royal Ambassador Renewal"

My RA was to expire on Nov 31, so the automatic renewal was in line with what has been discussed in this thread.

In terms of numbers, I've done 56 nights in my current ambassador year, with 35 of those nights at ICs (7 or 8 different ICs). I've also spent about 15 reward nights at ICs.

Where do you logg-in to see that? When I logg-in I see this:

Welcome, travelben
Priority Club #: 232XXXX
Current Points Balance: XXXXXX
Qualifying Nights Towards Elite Status in 2009: 57
Points Earned in 2009: XXXXXX
Membership Level: Platinum Royal Ambassador Member
Earnings Preference: Priority Club Points

I have almost the same no of nights (total & IC) an no renewal up to now. RA is expiring Nov09

Last edited by szg; Sep 6, 2009 at 5:13 am Reason: edited number of points earned.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by travelben
Where do you logg-in to see that? When I logg-in I see this:

Welcome, travelben
Priority Club #: 232XXXX
Current Points Balance: XXXXXX
Qualifying Nights Towards Elite Status in 2009: 57
Points Earned in 2009: XXXXXX
Membership Level: Platinum Royal Ambassador Member
Earnings Preference: Priority Club Points

I have almost the same no of nights (total & IC) an no renewal up to now. RA is expiring Nov09
It's in your 'other activity', or just access the 'print member card' and see whether the expiration date has been updated.

Last edited by szg; Sep 6, 2009 at 5:14 am Reason: edited number of points earned
Old Sep 6, 2009, 6:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Also have the "5 Sep 2009 Royal Ambassador Renewal" in my account. My membership year ends in November.

In the period Sep 08 to Aug 09 I had 57 qualifying nights - 34 at about 10 ICs, 23 at CP/HI.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 6:45 am

Same here: my RA was renewed on Sept 5

RA expiry was Nov 2009, total IHG nights from Sept 1, 2009 to August 31, 2009: 56 (of those 25 IC nights); this may confirm the new limit of 55 nights (last year my RA renewal was with only 53 nights)

One more year of benefits ............
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:00 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Renew to one more year (Till end of Nov 2010) 87 nights in 6 ICs hotels.^ Sorry not give added value for the statistics

Lets hope that there will be new benfits next year
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
I was also renewed today. Where can I find info on how many nights I have had since Sept 08?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Same here. Renewed to RA on Sep 5. expiration of RA was Nov 2009 now Nov 2010. My stay breakdown between Sep 1, 2008 and Sep 5, 2009 is as follows:

IC: 24 nights at 11 different IC
CP: 11 nights
HI/HIX: 19 nights

Total: 54 nights

PS: If you are firm on only counting stays till 31 Aug according to the membership year calculations then it is 52 nights with the two last nights at a CP on Sep 3-5 & not posted by that deadline too.

It's been a slow year due to economic environment and travel cutbacks but glad I managed to maintain RA though likley borderline. Had some very expensive IC nights in Almaty (over 500USD a night) though not the slightest clue if that factors in at all.

Overall I'm happy but I would still prefer clear targets and not this "shooting in the dark".

Ohh and you can log into your PC Account using this link which will show your history for the last few years: https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ansaction=4000
Cheers ...

Last edited by demue; Sep 7, 2009 at 9:24 pm Reason: Fixed URL
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:59 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by uproared
It's in your 'other activity', or just access the 'print member card' and see whether the expiration date has been updated.
Thanks uproared!!!!

Found it and also got my RA extended to Nov 2010 on 5th Sep! ^ ^

My statistics:

59 nights, ~ 37 IC nights, 7 different IC, rest CP, HI and HIX.

So my vacation to Goa and Bali next year will be great with the free minibar and the upgrades!!!!

Cheers!

Ben
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by demue
Ohh and you can log into your PC Account using this link which will show your history for the last few years: https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...in?secure=true
I thought that Account Activity is only available for the past 6 months.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Try it out. Not with this link. (which I fixed by now) Sorry I grabbed the wrong one first.

Last edited by demue; Sep 7, 2009 at 9:25 pm
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:02 pm

My account offers me the option to look at transactions for last 30 days, last 90 days and last 180 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.