Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by nicolas75
It cannot be more central as IC De La Ville is up to the Spanish steps.

I have no idea where the Hilton Garden Inn is located, but a quick look ar Google maps will give you an answer.
Thanks for the info
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Just a quick Q- does this hotel allow you to store/leave your bags prior to check-in? My flight gets in at 9am and since I'm only a Plat, I doubt they would let me check-in early. Can I leave my bags somewhere before I check-in in the afternoon?
They've always been very accommodating of early arrivals for me (especially if you can ask in Italian); I'd write ahead and ask for early check-in, I'm sure they'll allow it (besides, if you're arriving at FCO at 9am, you probably won't be to hotel until 11am, not too early).
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
contact Francesca Piccini, [email protected], PA to the GM or ph + 39 06 6733 9150, the GM is Ciro Verrocchi

or Susanna Giofre, the Reservation Manager at [email protected]
Tel: +39 06 6733 9120
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

I have no idea where the Hilton Garden Inn is located, but a quick look ar Google maps will give you an answer.
Pretty good location. About 5 min walk from nearest subway, but you can walk everywhere in Rome.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
I have never felt it was a LUXURY hotel.

To me this hotel is a two stars hotel occupied on a five star location.
I agree, stayed there two weeks ago to use my weekend cert, so not on points.
For 350 Euros a night I would expect better than a tiny little room, not at all impressed. They told me I got upgraded, hate to see their regular room. As far as bell service is concerned, arrived by cab in the rain and had no one help us to get our luggage through the revolving door. Opening a regular door would have helped a lot. Spent the night before the flight at the Airport Hilton, now that was impressive.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:27 pm

My friend and I are using our free nights to go to IC Rome, although there are ONLY classic rooms available with a single bed.

The IHG website lists rollaway bed/cot (and no fees for it either), but the description is this;

SUBTLE ROMAN INTERIORS WITH SMART TECHNOLOGY FLAT SCREEN SATELLITE TV WIFI WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AIR CONDITIONING MARBLE BATHROOM SLIPPERS BATHROBE BATHROBE SAFE BOX MAXIMUM PERSON ALLOWED 2 ACCESSIBLE ROOM BED TYPE IS NOT GUARANTEED IT IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.

Now both myself and my friend will be Priority Club platinum members if this means anything and we hope that we can secure a roll-away or a room with two beds at the front desk.

Is there any input as to what options we have here? Thank you
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
I have never felt it was a LUXURY hotel.

To me this hotel is a two stars hotel occupied on a five star location.
I booked this property and just felt it was a good hotel with a Awesome Location. Walking distance to a lot of things but I had to a walk a while to where I wanted to get. I was upgraded to a King Suite but it was an older room and I wasn't really impressed or blown away. The cab ride from the airport was pretty reasonable. I have also stayed the Crowne Plaza St. Peters near the Vatican loved the hotel, they have a shuttle that drops you off in the center of the city as well as Vatican City. I took it with Ease and didn't see that much of a drop off from the IC. The shuttle stop service at like 9pm so you may need to cab it back if you have a late night. I found the breakfast buffet at the CP to be pretty good and the restaurant was a great value. I think at the time I saved about 25K in points by choosing to stay at the CP on points as opposed to the IC well worth it to me. The highlight of my stay at the IC in Rome was the restaurant and watching the sunset, wow the food was great and you have some great views at the roof top restaurant. I would recommend you check it out if you are at the property.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by factory81

Now both myself and my friend will be Priority Club platinum members if this means anything and we hope that we can secure a roll-away or a room with two beds at the front desk.
Being Platinum (versus Ambassador) does not mean that much for ICs hotels.

I do not think it might be an issue to get a two beds room (if any, and if available). But you definitely should call the hotel to secure it.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rusell
I'm staying here in July this year, how far is the IC away from City Centre and is it close to the Hilton Garden Inn aswell.
If I had to guess how far I walked when I was there it was about a mile and half walk to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain & the pantheon. There may have been short cuts but the hotel has great views and it was a nice walk.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

\

Is there any input as to what options we have here? Thank you
I would suggest emailing or telephoning the hotel and requesting the extra roll-away bed. Turn up on the day without requesting it and may find that they have none available

If they do choose to offer a room upgrade ( which I would not rely on since they seem to be very clued up on what is and is not a benefit for award stays ) then you can always then tell them that you no longer need the roll-away bed

Dave
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would suggest emailing or telephoning the hotel and requesting the extra roll-away bed. Turn up on the day without requesting it and may find that they have none available

If they do choose to offer a room upgrade ( which I would not rely on since they seem to be very clued up on what is and is not a benefit for award stays ) then you can always then tell them that you no longer need the roll-away bed

Dave
What should I expect from this hotel as a platinum?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:27 pm

What should I expect from this hotel as a platinum?
from experience of a booking I had in 2012, expect to get a room that you booked and possibly late check out. Nice hotel and were very upfront about benefits and how they applied to the paid room but since the other was an award room that there was no upgrade; they did provide a late check out for the award room

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 9, 2013 at 8:34 pm
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by the_commish3
If I had to guess how far I walked when I was there it was about a mile and half walk to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain & the pantheon. There may have been short cuts but the hotel has great views and it was a nice walk.
Thanks for that, so everything is pretty close. ive seen some pics and the IC is on a hill hey.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Rusell
Thanks for that, so everything is pretty close. ive seen some pics and the IC is on a hill hey.
It is indeed at the top of a hill/spanish steps , but if at the bottom of the spanish steps and do not want to walk up ( or walk down from top ) there is a lift that goes to the train station
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:40 pm

I have a2 night seperate stay here and i was thinking the warldof or garden inn hiltons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.