Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 3:21 am

Programs: EB*G, FB, PC Royal Ambassador, Marriot Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy
Maybe they considered that I had the look of a person who would "enjoy" the minibar privilege a little too fully.
It just made me "extra thirsty" on the paid nights.
I better look my best then

Thank you SamsoniteBoy and TheBeerHunter for your valuable input.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Any advise on bookings on F&F rate at the IC Rome?

Do you get the benefits like the Minibar and Upgrades?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by KristianT
Made a quick decision and decided to spend new year's eve (and the next few days after that) in Rome. I also decided to spend some of my PC points. What should I expect in terms of RA privileges on a bonus stay in Rome?

Thank you for your input.
On award stay (3 nights) in September we got: upgrade (to a suite); fruit and a bottle of wine on arrival; water, replaced each day; late check out to 4pm. They made it clear at check-in (without any question from me) that the mini-bar was not complimentary on an award stay.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
staying on someone else's points

I will be staying at this hotel on an award reservation made by someone with RA status. I only have experience with Hilton and I know that if you book an award for someone else using your points, you will receive the status of the person making the reservation. Is that the case here as well or will I be treated like some regular Joe off the street?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by stu52
I will be staying at this hotel on an award reservation made by someone with RA status. I only have experience with Hilton and I know that if you book an award for someone else using your points, you will receive the status of the person making the reservation. Is that the case here as well or will I be treated like some regular Joe off the street?
You shouldn't receive anything, it depends on whether they realise (or make a point to find out) that the booker is in fact not staying. If you're an additional guest, or they're not paying attention you may well get upgraded especially if upgraded before time, but you will have to provide a passport on checkin, so who knows?

Either way, you'll likely get good value for the points you're paying
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:01 am

Hi all,

As a platinum with priority club, but not a RA, should I expect an upgrade at this property?
My wife and I are there for a few nights in April, an award stay.

Also, celebrating an anniversary, so does anyone know the email or how to reach the gm or concierge to request a few special things.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by MikenFla
Hi all,

As a platinum with priority club, but not a RA, should I expect an upgrade at this property?
My wife and I are there for a few nights in April, an award stay.

Also, celebrating an anniversary, so does anyone know the email or how to reach the gm or concierge to request a few special things.

Thanks!
Platinum in PC does you no good at Intercontinental. You need to be at least Ambassador with Intercontinental to get anything. Buy your Ambassador status from PC. PM me for the concierge email address.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
MikenFla

Francesca Piccini PA to the GM

email [email protected]
Tel + 39 06 6733 9150
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:05 pm

conflicting reports on here, last mention of the cost of a hotel car from FCO said €79 I think, others said €50-odd. Anyone any recent experience?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:39 am

Thanks to all for your advice!
I joined Amb. Club by cashing in PC points.

Even though I am using points for my stay in Rome, I hope this level will help me get an upgrade. I saw in the benefits, that at this level it was an auto upgrade, just not sure if that also works on a free night.

Looking forward to my stay in Rome!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
conflicting reports on here, last mention of the cost of a hotel car from FCO said €79 I think, others said €50-odd. Anyone any recent experience?

There is a subway station right by this location and it was quite safe to get there, something to consider?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Originally Posted by cardigans1
There is a subway station right by this location and it was quite safe to get there, something to consider?
And since the subway will NOT get you all the way to/from FCO, you have to basically use it to get to a point where you can catch other transportation to/from FCO. See this link for more information.

Last edited by stu52; Jan 29, 2011 at 8:48 am Reason: emphasis
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by cardigans1
Yes, and that'll probably be our route back to the airport, but we arrive in the evening and I can do without the hassle of train+metro+walk frankly, and there are two of us so it's not terrible value really.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:32 am

Was told by the ambassador desk that this property does not honor upgrades for Ambassador level..anyone have any experience on this?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Originally Posted by MikenFla
Was told by the ambassador desk that this property does not honor upgrades for Ambassador level..anyone have any experience on this?
If you check the ambassador thread you will see people did get upgrades in Rome. Having said that, I booked a room on Monday and the reservation has still not 'auto-upgraded' itself, which got me worried a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.