Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: IHG
I believe most properties are 14 day advanced.
Old May 14, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
that makes sense, just that the program says it is 7 days, but I just booked a combo, with a more expensive first day.
Old May 14, 2009, 2:49 pm

As a data point a 6 night stay at the IC Buenos Aires at F+F rate which was about $40/night cheaper than next lowest rate did not earn any points/stay credits.
Old May 15, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: Starwood, United, Alaska Air
RA ?

OK, I looked to find what RA means. Could not find it. I am going to book a hotel with this discount but before that I want to know what RA is???
Thanks
Old May 15, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Royal Ambassador
Old May 17, 2009, 12:58 pm

Angry Appauled

What everyone should know is that this promotion is internal. It is not ment for the general public. If you read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the website he provided you will see that a voucher is needed to even checkin using the rate. On the voucher the employee name and ID number must be valid which they DO check through a quicklink at checkin. If the id number is not valid they will NOT honor the rate. The rate is subject to change to the best available rate for the day.

I'm very appauled that a IHG employee would even release this information to the general public. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope they catch you as im sure they will and discredit you from the contest. The entire purpose of the program is to extend the FFR across the board for easy access to YOUR friends and family for discounted rates. Cheating like this not only prompts them to discontinue the program ( this is only a trail program now) but also makes it harder for other TRUE friends and family of IHG employees to use our benefits.

Why do you think airlines are so stright on buddy passes and discount FFR fares.....mainly because abuse like this is evident and in the end the company doesn't like loosing.

Again shame on you!
Old May 17, 2009, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MiamiDude331
What everyone should know is that this promotion is internal. It is not ment for the general public. If you read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the website he provided you will see that a voucher is needed to even checkin using the rate. On the voucher the employee name and ID number must be valid which they DO check through a quicklink at checkin. If the id number is not valid they will NOT honor the rate. The rate is subject to change to the best available rate for the day.
Again shame on you!

Here we go again.

The promo in its current iteration is designed to be disseminated widely.

a) the voucher is printable from the website and asks only for the employee name (and on some versions the employee's employing hotel/location)

b)
This has been released by marketing employees on purpose. Three examples--
Steve Sickel, SVP of Marketing, IHG ihgfriendsandfamily.com/stevesickel
Cassandra Imfeld, Social Marketing Manager, IHG
a regional revenue manager for IHG
It is posted on the IC Ambassador forum and on Priority Club Connect, two fora over which IHG has complete control

There were questions at the very beginning as to the eligibility for this promo, but those issues have long since been resolved.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
The F&F rates are publicly available rates, anyone can use them. There are several referrals right in this thread.
The rate may be public but the voucher which you will need is not. It has to be a true employee of the company listed on the voucher with an valid ID number.

Failure to produce these will default the rate ( as indiciated in the terms and condition of the program) to the standard rate of the day.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the good laugh, first-post-troll ;-)
Old May 17, 2009, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rate may be public but the voucher which you will need is not. It has to be a true employee of the company listed on the voucher with an valid ID number.
The voucher does not ask for the employee ID number. It asks for employee name (some previous vouchers also asked for employee's employing location), which is also identified on each and every F&F link.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:19 pm

One of IHG's core values is " Do the Right Thing" you know its wrong and like i said i hope you get caught. Which should not be that hard considering your on the global.

Cheating is cheating no matter what way you look at it.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of IHG's core values is " Do the Right Thing" you know its wrong and like i said i hope you get caught. Which should not be that hard considering your on the global.
You hope the SVP of Marketing gets caught? By whom? By himself? He's in charge of marketing and he and his team have decided to try to fill rooms in a low occupancy market where incremental business is going to be crucial to success.

I think it's brilliant--increase brand loyalty; avoid diluting other rates across the board; get prepaid, non-refundable advance bookings; and increase occupancy rates at a crucial time.

Welcome, though, to FT!
Old May 17, 2009, 1:50 pm

Wow. Methinks someone (maybe from Miami) might not fully understand this offer nor PC's intentions with it.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by johnep1

Wow. Methinks someone (maybe from Miami) might not fully understand this offer nor PC's intentions with it.

Nor this board, nor how to win friends and influence people,
Old May 17, 2009, 4:50 pm

As may have been noted earlier (I haven't read all 19 pages) the employees are being given prizes for the most sales via this promotion through their personal web links. It's a way of steeply discounting rooms in tough economic times without going "official" and "public" about it. There are significant "catches"--must be prepaid and no refunds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.