Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do when promos are exhausted?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.

When you've done:
  • 15K/15nights
  • 30K/30 nights
  • All one-off bonuses
  • Random bits and pieces...

What do you live for?!?!

Seriously, though - if you can't sign-up for any new promos until the old ones expire, what do you do to get more points? Is there any way to reset welcome back/new member bonuses, or Stay X, Get Y?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by yossimills
When you've done:
  • 15K/15nights
  • 30K/30 nights
  • All one-off bonuses

What do you live for?!?!

Seriously, though - if you can't sign-up for any new promos until the old ones expire, what do you do to get more points? Is there any way to reset welcome back/new member bonuses, or Stay X, Get Y?
yossimills,

There is not much that you can do apart from maybe open another account (not recommended) or like the majority of folk on here you will have to wait until new codes/offers appear or you will have to go searching for new codes/offers and let folk know about them.

Oh, you can always stay more in the hotel and earn your standard points plus your status level points as well, charge everything to your room (if not an IC) and dont stay at Candlewood or Staybridge as we all know you earn half the points.

Some months folk do manage to max out the 1/4 offers like get 3k for every 3rd stay upto 30k, thats only 30 nights.

The good thing is that the Stay X for the 2nd 1/4 tend to come into effect before the normal 1/4 bonus ends.

That is why I look at various trips and see if they can be moved in order to maximise my points. I am already planning my long stay for the 2nd 1/4, and will have one for the 3rd 1/4 as well.

Regards
J
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Radioman
yossimills,
The good thing is that the Stay X for the 2nd 1/4 tend to come into effect before the normal 1/4 bonus ends.
It's more like the "normal 1/3", where the current promo last for almost 4 months.....
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:59 am

I just opened an account in my wifes name and started get all the promos on her account too... This could help you match the points that you have on your own account so that you could have double the points.. I have been racking up points in her name since I can register for all the promos in her name as a new user.. hope this helps..
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you stay that much, you may want to consider joining more than one program. You can always get more total points if you switch between two or more programs (when one has the better bonus) than always sticking to just one program whether it has a bonus you can take advantage of or not.

My paid stays are in the US suburbs, where I mostly bounce between Priority Club and Choice Privileges (which right now is giving 8000 points for every two stays, even if they're ultracheap one-night stays, and redemptions are a bit cheaper than Priority Club). Others I know include Marriott (MegaBonus) as their alternative. I'm sure there are yet other alternatives with rich bonuses (that may also be capped, but since you haven't started them yet, they're not yet at the capped for you!). But you obviously have to match any alternative hotel programs to your particular travel patterns...
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Yes - my wife has an account, now At some point, the Platinum 50% bonus will overshadow any benefit from a second account, once all the promotions are done with.

I'll have to perform a better search around Brighton, UK, to find out what exists other than a Hilton and a Holiday Inn. I think there's a Ramada and a Jury's Inn, somewhere.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:45 am
Original Poster

And............

...the staff at the HI Brighton are absolutely amazing, catering very well to some specific needs.

That earns loyalty more than points.

(I know - I've been demoted from my PS Status!)
Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
One good new enhancement is the Ambassador Accelerator which gives 20k points for 15 stays, so even once you have exhausted all the other points for the quarter, there is now the Accelerator to look at.

And of course there is still keeping Plat in SPG and Diamond in HH to be looked after.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:45 am
mti

I've had mixed experiences at Brighton, and seem to remember other users on here reporting the same. I really enjoying my first couple of stays there, but the last three have been pretty dire - so much so that last time I drove well out of my way to stay at the CP Gatwick.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You curb your greed and avarice.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
When you've done:
  • 15K/15nights
  • 30K/30 nights
  • All one-off bonuses

What do you live for?!?!

Interesting thought - its hard to recall the last time I didn't have at least one promo in effect. Even when a particular stay doesn't earn promo points it usually is feeding into one (e.g. stay 3 get 3K which PC very openly advertisese right now). I suppose you just focus on whatever your alternate chain is to spread your business.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Let them go to bed
Old Feb 13, 2009, 8:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
that's why you have more than one program - once one lot is exhausted switch to another program, and switch back when the next round is ready

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.