Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:31 am

New UK Summersale (Plus 20% off food & beverage)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...light&a=b.html

20% voucher
http://images3.ichotelsgroup.com/cq/...ad_Voucher.pdf

Voucher TERMS & CONDITIONS: The 20% off food and beverage offer is only available in the main restaurant, lounge and room service outlets, excludes banqueting and pub food purchases. This offer is only valid for stays from 23rd July until 6th September 2009 and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. This voucher is valid for the duration of your stay and must be presented at time of ordering and/or at time of check out to receive discount. This is only available to leisure guests having booked against the summer sale advance purchase rate category. Available in all participating Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Express by Holiday Inn hotels. No cash alternative is available.

Last edited by ehud; Apr 26, 2009 at 3:40 am
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by dsteinke
Does this promo negate all other points while it is in effect? It base and elite points at the bottom. Does that mean if we register, we'll still get bonus points, but just not base points?

Stay any two nights, then get a free* night at one of over 4,000 hotels around the world.
Here's how it works:

Register today at GetaFreeNight.com
• Stay any 2 nights from May 4 – July 3, 2009
• Get 1 FREE night to use from July 3 – December 26, 2009
• You can earn up to 4 free nights
• Use your free nights at one of over 4,000 hotels around the world

Earn and Use Free Nights at Any of These Hotels
Intercontinental
Crowne Plaza
Hotel Indigo
Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express
Staybridge Suites
Candlewood Suites

A few things to consider:

• Members will earn free nights instead of base and Elite points/miles.
• Register online before booking your next stay.
• Receive free night notification via email; email address required to register.
T&Cs say this:
Qualifying Rates do not include net wholesale individual and group rates, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker rate, travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites.

Does this mean AAA rates, and probably entertainment book rates are not eligible?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by mileshound
T&Cs say this:
Qualifying Rates do not include net wholesale individual and group rates, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker rate, travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites.

Does this mean AAA rates, and probably entertainment book rates are not eligible?
AAA rates are qualifying ones but Entertainment rates are not.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
GetaFreeNight So I'm hearing the best deal after May 4 is....run on regular points earning methods.....then register prior to your last 8 nights before the promo ends July 3 and max out on the four free nights. ie signing up May 4 -July 3 and staying 15 nights will see you get nothing for 7 of those nights unless you hold back until the last 8. 2X points can't = 4 free nights valued at 25k
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
GetaFreeNight So I'm hearing the best deal after May 4 is....run on regular points earning methods.....then register prior to your last 8 nights before the promo ends July 3 and max out on the four free nights. ie signing up May 4 -July 3 and staying 15 nights will see you get nothing for 7 of those nights unless you hold back until the last 8. 2X points can't = 4 free nights valued at 25k
Not for me, l average just over 20k base points per month. Then add the double points and my platinim bonus and for those 3 months l could earn 150k points + any other bonuses going.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g00ner
Not for me, l average just over 20k base points per month. Then add the double points and my platinim bonus and for those 3 months l could earn 150k points + any other bonuses going.
It's just two months (May 4-July 3), but, yes the Free Nights promo is not especially rewarding for those with lots of nights or high spending (at non-IC hotels especially).

How many nights do you average per month?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm thinking it has to be double points considering the free night deal means none of those stays would count towards RA renewal, right?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm thinking it has to be double points considering the free night deal means none of those stays would count towards RA renewal, right?
I think paid nights during the promo period would count (terms specify they count toward elite qualification). Your free nights, like other award nights, probably wouldn't.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
It is a short promo at 9 weeks and I don't want to give up points but 4 free nights for an 8 night investment could = 100k to 160k in pts savings depending on the hotel selected....and if sign up late I'm still earning base + 50% pts up to then.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
It is a short promo at 9 weeks and I don't want to give up points but 4 free nights for an 8 night investment could = 100k to 160k in pts savings depending on the hotel selected....and if sign up late I'm still earning base + 50% pts up to then.
I've canceled a number of IHG nights and rebooked my others to coordinate with some SPG reservations--I'll be earning four SPG weekend nights and four IHG nights. I'm doing this pattern four times--1 night SPG, 2 nights IHG, 1 night SPG.

I value the SPG nights at 7K points each and the IHG nights at 20K points each (reductions in each case for restrictions).
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
Is there a double points promotion coming up/at the moment? I looked back a few pages but couldn't see it. Apologies in advance and thanks going forward
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skowse
Is there a double points promotion coming up/at the moment? I looked back a few pages but couldn't see it. Apologies in advance and thanks going forward
Yes--as an alternative to the Biggest Free Nights Offer.
Terms: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../doubletc.html
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by soitgoes
It's just two months (May 4-July 3), but, yes the Free Nights promo is not especially rewarding for those with lots of nights or high spending (at non-IC hotels especially).

How many nights do you average per month?
Normally every weeknight plus 1 weekend per month. Apparently l have my own home and family somewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normally every weeknight plus 1 weekend per month. Apparently l have my own home and family somewhere.
Sample calculation--
28 nights @ 1100+50%=46,200 points
8 nights at Free Night Credit=4 free nights
OR
36 nights @ 1100+50%+100%=99,000 points

I guess the question would be how you value the 4 free nights.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
AAA rates are qualifying ones but Entertainment rates are not.
This is definitely YMMV. I know this has been covered here before, but I've certainly had Entertainment rates post as Qualifying stays at Indigo and Crown Plaza hotels, in fact I've never NOT gotton credit for an Ent rate, but I don't book that many Ent rates and I know going in that it's a crapshoot since unfortunately there's no guarantee.

Although technically from the rules, an AAA rate would be a travel club discount rate and technically shouldn't count either, but we all know it does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.