Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Moorea Master Thread [merged] - Closed permanently

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
anyone can pass the contact information for the GM, want to see what he can offer since I currently also have the hilton booked on points. Need to decide which one to stay at with the most benefits; i'm gold with IHG but Dia with Hilton.
I am also dia with Hilton and platinum amb. I did not have a good stay at Hilton on Valentine's Day. It was actually pretty bad. I think IC is so much nicer!!! The only thing positive about the Hilton was free breakfast.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:33 pm

what benefits could I expect to receive with spire elite at this property? trying to decide between Hilton (gold status) and here (spire elite status)

thanks
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by smfs
I am also dia with Hilton and platinum amb. I did not have a good stay at Hilton on Valentine's Day. It was actually pretty bad. I think IC is so much nicer!!! The only thing positive about the Hilton was free breakfast.
Did you get a room upgrade at IHC with ambassador status and if so, from what to what?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
Email Address for GM of IC Moorea?

Originally Posted by Montacute
Does anyone have an e-maill address for the GM at IC Moorea? We had initially written to ask for an upgrade to the central Tahiti reservations desk, but are not really getting an answer about an upgrade.
I too would like the email address of the GM if anyone has it! Would like to inquire about an upgrade on an upcoming points stay.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:39 am

The manager doesn't get involved in upgrades. Try the Front Office Manager at
"[email protected]". He will help you.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Did you get a room upgrade at IHC with ambassador status and if so, from what to what?
I received an upgrade at IC Moorea as an AMB member a hair over a year ago. Booked base-level hotel room, upgraded up one level to beach bungalow (one that faces the "stream" and island containing the OWB's/i.e. not facing the open ocean). The hotel made clear via email in advance that AMB benefits would not be extended on award nights. So I used my bogo cert for my first two nights and tacked on an award night to that, hoping they wouldn't make me move out of the upgraded room on the last night. Upon check-in, I was told that we would have to move out on our last night, but could pay-up to stay in the beach bungalow. I declined, and the next day or so was informed that we could stay in the bungalow for the whole time without charge. So I suspect this is the general way that they approach AMB benefits out there.

As for Hilton vs IC, I personally like the IC property better. It's more expansive, has nicer landscaping has more impressive views of the surrounding mountain terrain. That said, if you are staying in an OWB, I could see how one might prefer Hilton as they are "true" OWB's vs the IC's, most of which are "back-deck-only" over water with the rest of the unit actually being on land. Contrasting, if you are not staying in OWB, IC is the only way to go. Hilton's land bungalows seem really jammed in close together over a small amount of real estate. Just my 2 cents.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:42 am

Any recent award stays here?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:42 am

Just recent enrolled in the Ambassador program.
If I book a Premium Beach Bungalow, will I receive an upgrade to an OWB, or is there any hidden rooms in-between?. Going to Bora Bora after, so an OWB in not a must, but always nice.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: NZ
I plan to stay here next year as an AMB. Just wondering if there are any breakfast deals for AMB'S?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by minz56
I plan to stay here next year as an AMB. Just wondering if there are any breakfast deals for AMB'S?
Officially none. There are reports of receiving 2-4-1 upon request. It's pretty expensive, but we were unimpressed and we preferred nibbling on our store bought baguette while lounging on the deck.
Buzzman and minz56 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I see the only rooms available on pts are the lanai rooms. Is there really only a king bed in the room? Any Murphy/fold out? Can one upgrade from the base room/would upgrades be offered?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I see the only rooms available on pts are the lanai rooms. Is there really only a king bed in the room? Any Murphy/fold out? Can one upgrade from the base room/would upgrades be offered?
I recommend booking a Premium Lanai Room using the Virtuoso rate on a night with a show. You get the show for free (=one complimentary dinner for 2, but can be used for the show too), 6000 XPF drinks credit and breakfast included. Plus you get a guaranteed upgrade to a Beach Bungalow. The show was fantastic, well worth it using cash instead of points (much better to use your points in Bora Bora). It also comes with a 5 nights for the price of 3 deal. You can book online with classictravel.com or whatahotel.com if you don't have a Virtuoso agent. You get full Ambassador benefits too.

But keep in mind that the IC Moorea is rather "old-fashioned", the Hilton is much more fancy if that's more your style. We were very happy with our land-based bungalow at the Hilton for points.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by DUflyer
I recommend booking a Premium Lanai Room using the Virtuoso rate on a night with a show. You get the show for free (=one complimentary dinner for 2, but can be used for the show too), 6000 XPF drinks credit and breakfast included. Plus you get a guaranteed upgrade to a Beach Bungalow. The show was fantastic, well worth it using cash instead of points (much better to use your points in Bora Bora). It also comes with a 5 nights for the price of 3 deal. You can book online with classictravel.com or whatahotel.com if you don't have a Virtuoso agent. You get full Ambassador benefits too.

But keep in mind that the IC Moorea is rather "old-fashioned", the Hilton is much more fancy if that's more your style. We were very happy with our land-based bungalow at the Hilton for points.
I checked out the Virtuoso rate which looks interesting (though they don't seem to offer pay 3/stay 5 deal at the moment - unless it is seasonal). It is good to hear that Ambassador benefits apply, but my question is whether you earn IHG Rewards Points when you book a Virtuoso rate?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by minz56
I checked out the Virtuoso rate which looks interesting (though they don't seem to offer pay 3/stay 5 deal at the moment - unless it is seasonal). It is good to hear that Ambassador benefits apply, but my question is whether you earn IHG Rewards Points when you book a Virtuoso rate?
I got points and stay credits. I saw the booking in my IHG account and was able to modify it. Last time I checked the 5 for 3 deal was for all of 2017, but maybe it's over now. Sorry.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: Plat Amb
Any Royal Ambassador who stayed at this hotel on points, and can share his/her experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.