Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:17 pm

Upgrade prices when booking an award stay:

Standard Beach Bungalow : 11 400 CFP / per night
Garden Pool Bungalow : 13 110 CFP / night
Premium Beach Bungalow : 14 820 CFP / per night
Standard Overwater Bungalow : 19 380 CFP / per night
Premium Overwater Bungalow : 22 800 CFP / per night
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:26 am

Curious if anyone who has stayed here lately was offered any specials at checkin, such as the 50% off breakfast at the IC properties in Bora Bora?

Also, is it worth the $ to upgrade from a standard room if staying on points? Any chance of upgrades for a platinum member?

And finally, can anyone recommend restaurants, activities, sights? I'll be staying here for 3 nights in October.

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I would politely ask via email, while also asking about transfers and excursions, etc. I am an AMB and booked cash for lowest room, since the next category is the individual bungalows. We got the standard beach bungalow but if there is a good discount to upgrade at check-in, we will do so. Not really concerned since Thalasso is after Moorea
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by patchan8984
I would politely ask via email, while also asking about transfers and excursions, etc. I am an AMB and booked cash for lowest room, since the next category is the individual bungalows. We got the standard beach bungalow but if there is a good discount to upgrade at check-in, we will do so. Not really concerned since Thalasso is after Moorea
I'm Thalasso first! Not the ideal order, but I was wan't able to grab J flights early enough to do Moorea first.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Curious if anyone who has stayed here lately was offered any specials at checkin, such as the 50% off breakfast at the IC properties in Bora Bora?

Also, is it worth the $ to upgrade from a standard room if staying on points? Any chance of upgrades for a platinum member?

And finally, can anyone recommend restaurants, activities, sights? I'll be staying here for 3 nights in October.

Thanks!
You've probably completed your stay already, but as an FYI:

I was upgraded from the standard room to a standard beach bungalow at check-in. I am a platinum member.

Nearby is a restaurant called Snack Mahana. Open 11a-3p Tues-Sat. Spectacular oceanfront location and excellent food. Try the breaded Mahi-Mahi. If you are heading over in the afternoon have the concierge call first, as they have been known to run out of food as early as 2pm. ~15 minute walk or a 5 minute bike ride from the hotel. Cash Only.

Worth visiting is the Lagoonarium. Tons of fish to see, including black tips, sting rays, a moray eel and clown fish. About 30,000 p/p. Feedings 11:30am and 2pm. Hotel transfers extra. Cash only.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:18 am

We stayed two nights, just two days ago, great resort.
I booked with points, platinum, we got a beach bungalow, which is probably an upgrade, nice, resort is large and spread out.

We booked a round trip transfer via email with Torea Nui Transports from and to the airport. 1000 xpf per way per person. They were recommended by Albert Transports who we tried to book with. Everything went smoothly. A man with our name on a board with other names greeted us on our arrival. On depature, they picked us up one hour 40 minutes before. They must work with the hotel since the hotel knew about our arrangement.

We asked for a 50% breakfast discount plan where you agree to take breakfast everyday, saying we heard that it was offered at other ICs and the front desk person called their manager and it was approved.
All the Tahiti ICs are owned by one corporation which also owns the cruise line, Paul Gaugin Cruises.
Cold continental buffett is 3210 xpf pp. hot buffet 3900 pp. There is a ala carte breakfast eg pancakes 800 xpf. We took the cold buffet which was very good. I would have gone with ala carte if I had not already agreed to the plan. But if you are a big breakfast eater, the buffett is a good choice. I didn't see any breakfast options that are walking distance outside the resort.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Montacute
Does anyone have an e-maill address for the GM at IC Moorea? We had initially written to ask for an upgrade to the central Tahiti reservations desk, but are not really getting an answer about an upgrade.
I'm looking for this as well. Thank you
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:10 am

What PLt benefits should be expected or not expected at this property?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:33 pm

I'm still looking for the IC Moorea email if there is one. Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
What's the best way to get to the IC Moorea from the airport or ferry? Have about 24hrs on Moorea so not looking to rent a car.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Xelint
What's the best way to get to the IC Moorea from the airport or ferry? Have about 24hrs on Moorea so not looking to rent a car.
I am afraid that renting a car is the best way to get there on your schedule.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:46 pm

Booked with points 8 nights in September and inquired about upgrades. Got an answer today:
"When booking with IHG Rewards Club points, some benefits, such as upgrade & late check-out, do not apply. Furthermore, you have only been able to book a Lanai room."
But then got an offer to upgrade with cash :
"Premium Lanai : 2 000 CFP / per night
Beach Bungalow : 12 500 CFP / per night
Premium Beach Bungalow : 14 000 CFP / per night
Garden Pool Bungalow : 16 000 CFP / per night
Standard Overwater Bungalow : 19 500 CFP / per night
Premium Overwater Bungalow : 23 000 CFP / per night"
Is the Standard OWB worth the upgrade?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Booked with points 8 nights in September and inquired about upgrades. Got an answer today:
"When booking with IHG Rewards Club points, some benefits, such as upgrade & late check-out, do not apply. Furthermore, you have only been able to book a Lanai room."
But then got an offer to upgrade with cash :
"Premium Lanai : 2 000 CFP / per night
Beach Bungalow : 12 500 CFP / per night
Premium Beach Bungalow : 14 000 CFP / per night
Garden Pool Bungalow : 16 000 CFP / per night
Standard Overwater Bungalow : 19 500 CFP / per night
Premium Overwater Bungalow : 23 000 CFP / per night"
Is the Standard OWB worth the upgrade?
I was upgraded to a beach room as a plat member (albeit only on a 3 night stay). AS an FYI, the Lanai rooms don't look terribly appealing - they are in a motel-ish building while all other rooms are all stand-alone.

The overwater bungalows did not look as impressive as at other resorts - they are not "truly" overwater IIRC - as they are partially on land.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:51 pm

As a Platinum Ambassador I recently booked a 1-night paid stay in a Standard Overwater Bungalow, followed by 3-night stay on points in the Lanai room.

They were more than happy to let me stay in my SOWB for all four nights. I'm sure this depends on availability, but the property was very kind to me as a Plat AMB in my opinion. Of course I ended up spending maybe a little more than the upgrade cost you listed, but I wanted to be sure I got a chance to try the OWB.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:32 pm

anyone can pass the contact information for the GM, want to see what he can offer since I currently also have the hilton booked on points. Need to decide which one to stay at with the most benefits; i'm gold with IHG but Dia with Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.