Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Moorea Master Thread [merged] - Closed permanently

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by zboub345
i m going this weekend. Will let you know what happens.
How's the resort? Is the strike still going?

We'll be there this Saturday.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:42 pm

The strike is still going .The hotel is running anyway.There are no bars available but for the rest, everything is almost normal. We had a good stay. You can ask for housekeeping. All activities (dolphinarium, turtle center, paddle, kayaks ...) are running. We had a renovated OWB which was nice even if it was a little noisy since it was close to the dolphinarium.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by zboub345
The strike is still going .The hotel is running anyway.There are no bars available but for the rest, everything is almost normal. We had a good stay. You can ask for housekeeping. All activities (dolphinarium, turtle center, paddle, kayaks ...) are running. We had a renovated OWB which was nice even if it was a little noisy since it was close to the dolphinarium.
Anu pictures of the OWB you can provide? Would love to see what they have done.

TD
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Anu pictures of the OWB you can provide? Would love to see what they have done.

TD
They changed the floor since the old one had many scratches, put new walls decorations, bigger tv, new safe. Not that much ( same furnitures)but it fells fresher. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:39 pm

Sorry for the mess, i have other pictures that i will post later.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Upgrades for points nights are not guaranteed since IC hotels are not required to upgrade points nights. Thankfully some hotels do choose to upgrade points nights. I've read posts from some Platinums who receive Ambassador benefits even though they're supposedly only for Ambassadors. Just a matter of luck I suppose, don't know if my Spire status helped. I suggest you send an email to the hotel, but I doubt they'll guarantee anything and you may need to wait until you arrive. I wrote to inquire if a paid upgrade would be available; they quoted me $150/night for beach bungalow and I declined. A few days later they responded stating they upgraded my room and any further upgrades would be determined at check in (I suppose they meant OWB). I didn't even mention OWB at check-in, we were quite happy with the beach bungalow.

Did not inquire (nor did they mention) free dinners. Since we were in no way inconvenienced by construction, and I was quite happy with the room upgrade for 4 nights, I didn't feel entitled to anything else.
My experiences at Hilton and IC are quite different. At Hilton, upgraded to Prem OWB as Diamond for 2 nights in May. At IC, initially only upgraded to prem lenai room, after the front desk talked to a manager I was upgraded to beach bgl. It give me the impression that Hilton's policy is free upgrade to highest available non-suite, while IC only one cat upgrade.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:16 am

Anyone know if the strike is over? Latest TA reviews do not mention it.

Thanks
TD
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:46 am

strike

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Anyone know if the strike is over? Latest TA reviews do not mention it.

Thanks
TD
The strike is definitely over. We are here now and there is no strike
VaBeachGirl and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed here as a Platinum two years ago one night on an award stay. That booked as a lanai stay, but I was upgraded to a beach bungalow on the stream. I did this stay while I was on a cruise. So I caught the early ferry from Papeete, and the resort was happy to check me in early. I loved this resort!! Bungalow was awesome, very private, staff very friendly and helpful, and the facilities amazing. The two infinity pools were wonderful, the beach fabulous, and the small tour I booked thru the resort great! I would go back in a heartbeat! I had access to my room by 10 am, and they gave me late checkout at 2pm the next day.
355F1 and Traveler Dave like this.
Old May 28, 2020, 6:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I have just read the sad news that this resort has announced it will be permanently closing.

""we regret to announce that the InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa will not be reopening after the mandated closure period concludes.""

edited to add link of closure notice:-

https://moorea.intercontinental.com/#

Last edited by alanslegal; May 28, 2020 at 7:57 pm
Old May 28, 2020, 7:28 pm

How sad 😢

Originally Posted by alanslegal
I have just read the sad news that this resort has announced it will be permanently closing.

Link to follow.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Here you go:

https://www.tahiti-infos.com/%E2%80%...a_a191430.html
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:28 pm

Anyone think the resort will get purchased or re-branded?

I know many people are/were unimpressed with place, but we really liked it.

TD
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
We really liked it, too, one of my favorite IC properties. Very sad to read it is gone from the IC list. Tahiti had been on my list of places to see, and I'm just glad we were able to stay there for a week and experience all it had to offer.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:40 pm

Anyone know if the dolphins are still open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.