Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
May I ask what voucher you are talking about?

You can use the BOGO (so far) for all bookings (on weekends) except suite bookings. When you book a "room" and get upgraded to a suite, you can still use the BOGO.

Your Ambassador status will always give you a 1-level upgrade. In HKGs case, from superior to deluxe harbour view, or deluxe harbour view to (partial) harbour view junior suite, respectively.

I would stick to your original booking in your case. - Just my opinion
Many thanks - so the upgrade from Superior to Deluxe comes just because I am Ambassador and isn't connected to the BOGO?

I am very tempted to stick with what I have. I take it that I can still get the late check-out because I fly home at 0100 the next morning.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Feb 15, 2010 at 7:39 am
Old Feb 15, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Many thanks - so the upgrade from Superior to Deluxe comes just because I am Ambassador and isn't connected to the BOGO?

I am very tempted to stick with what I have. I take it that I can still get the late check-out because I fly home at 0100 the next morning.
Just as the one level upgrade, late check-out (till 4 pm) is complimentary for all Ambassador members

The upgrade is not connected to BOGO at all. The latter is just a voucher for a free 2nd weekend night. You get one BOGO but unlimited upgrades See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Enjoy your stay!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Just as the one level upgrade, late check-out (till 4 pm) is complimentary for all Ambassador members

The upgrade is not connected to BOGO at all. The latter is just a voucher for a free 2nd weekend night. You get one BOGO but unlimited upgrades See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks again. Your help is greatly appreciated.^
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
According to Virtuoso there is a "promo" out there, which entitles you to a 2 cat upgrade at time of booking:

"Double Upgrade Double Commission

Enjoy a two-category room upgrade, with a maximum upgrade to a Junior Suite, at the time of booking

Daily buffet breakfast at Harbourside restaurant

Complimentary access to Club InterContinental for booking Contemporary Superior Harbour View category and above

20% Commission"

I am a RA and if I book this package do I then get a quatruple upgrade (2 cat upgrade at booking and 2 cat upgrade at check-in when providing my RA card)?

Am I able to input a Virtuoso booked stay into my IC profile (for a possible pre-upgrade)? Do I need to call the hotel for this? Do I get all RA amenities and IC points when booking the nights through Virtuoso?

If I would like to use my BOGO on that stay, do I then have to ask the hotel if they kindly accept it under the new BOGO rules (BOGO nights need to be booked under special link...)?

Many thanks in advance...

PS: I know that IC HKG officially only upgrades to jr. suites; but there are some reports out there saying they sometimes go over their limit as well

best regards,
flo
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:08 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

New room categories

Looks like the IC HK has created a new room category -- SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE. According to the descriptions, these rooms have the partial harbor view (xx01), while the full harbor view junior suites (xx16) are now called DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE (and they cost a few hundred HKD more). It'll be very interesting to see what this means for A/RA upgrades...
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpdx
It'll be very interesting to see what this means for A/RA upgrades...
No doubt the new third sub category inferior jr suite
They run a flat screen outside your window of the harbor
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
What rooms needs to be booked for an RA to get club access?

I was hoping to book a certain room that has club access and get upgraded to a suite.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Benny8444
What rooms needs to be booked for an RA to get club access?

I was hoping to book a certain room that has club access and get upgraded to a suite.
No room includes club access. It can be purchased seperately for HKD800 (or 900) at check-in or by booking the "club experience" room rate.

Superior harbour view room will give you a junior suite.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:52 am
Suspended

So the hotel does not give club access for RAs?

Is the only way for an RA to get club access is to pay the 900 HKD?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:13 am

So the hotel does not give club access for RAs?

Is the only way for an RA to get club access is to pay the 900 HKD?
Yes and yes - no club access for RAs, only way is to buy it. Cannot say whether it's worth it - I never take club in HKG.

I presume you are talking about the IC Hong Kong not the GS (which gives club access, as others have reported).
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:03 pm
Suspended

I am talking about the IC not the GS.

Also, will they give me a jr suite with a view of the harbor?

I saw the Club IC rate and that is what I plan to book.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:09 pm

I am talking about the IC not the GS.

Also, will they give me a jr suite with a view of the harbor?

I saw the Club IC rate and that is what I plan to book.
Well, they've reassigned the room categories. Although some people say that this is just a move to limit upgrades, there's indeed a thought behind it. The xx00 junior suites have partial harbour view, whilst the xx16 (is it?) have full harbour view.
They are very proactive in answering email requests, so if you really want a specific room, I'd simply drop them a message.

If the room rate doesn't really matter, booking any kind of junior suite will grant you a nice "full" suite upgrade (superior suite is a great suite!), although their official policy is no upgrades beyond junior suites...
Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:09 am

My first IC/Ambassador experience

Booked a prepaid Harbour view superior room online and the confirmation showed I'd been upgraded to a Dlx harbour view.

On arrival, I was told I'd been upgraded to a Junior Suite and was taken up to room 1201. Nice room and upgrade but the purpose of my trip was to have the full view and this room only had the partial harbour view so I went back to reception to see what could be done. I was prepared to pay extra but they moved me to 716 without charge. I must say I was very happy with that.

Only negative is that I haven't yet received the promised refund for the BOGO second night. Will wait a couple more days on that and then get in touch if I haven't received it.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:12 am

Sorry, if this has already been mentioned. IC Hong Kong, current special offer incl. food credit and intersting harbor view upgrade, rate code IKCTA

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Mar 15, 2010 at 8:27 am
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:43 pm

Question What is a 'good' rate for July'10?

Using the 'Friends & Family' promo I pull up these nightly rates rates for the first weekend of July:

1 KING BED CONTEMPORARY SUP HARBOR VIEW: HK$ 2,000.63
1 KING BED CONTEMPORARY DLX HARBOR VIEW: HK$ 2,206.88

How do these look to the people with some experience in the pricing at this facility?

Should I be jumping all over them? (They are pre-paid, non-ref, of course)

Any thoughts on the value of paying for a DLX over a SUP room?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.