Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2023, 1:52 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Thanks, nicolas75.
Reading this I'm really tempted to return to this IC, but since we moved to Berlin that seems a little silly.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I was in 838 over Easter but the heating system broke down , I was moved to the Bill Clinton designed presidential suite as sadly every other suite was occupied. Impressive size but oh those colours 🙈
It’s a shame that they haven’t put better coffee machines in those suites , in the kitchen. A pointless room otherwise!
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I just noticed the Marlene tribute,
my sister would die to get those!

Thanks for the update on the interiors and the club lounge ...

Hmm, might be swayed to grace the property with my presence in 2024/25

For reference sake: i am trying to -like- above posts !
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I have an upcoming stay booked with the Ambassador free night. I booked a club room, but not sure it's worth it. Breakfast in the restaurant is not included in the room rate, is it? Only Platinum status so can't get free breakfast based on status.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
I have an upcoming stay booked with the Ambassador free night. I booked a club room, but not sure it's worth it. Breakfast in the restaurant is not included in the room rate, is it? Only Platinum status so can't get free breakfast based on status.
correct. Breakfast in the restaurant is for diamond and is quite good. A club room will not give you access to restaurant breakfast.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
IC Berlin

I don’t know if this Flyertalk airline and hotel and status and credit card game that we play is gambling or investment or hunting or hobby, but sometimes it really pays off and this was one of those times.

We are here for 4 nights on points as a Diamond Ambassador. I booked the lowest room some months ago for about 100k points total with the fourth night free. Two weeks ago, I called to use a Confirmed Suite Upgrade. This went well and I was assigned a Junior Suite. Within 3 days, this changed to a One King Bed Suite Club Lounge Access.

We took the S9 up from the airport for 4euro each to the Zoogarten (sp?) stop. A little too far in the cold with bags but only a 4 block walk from there.

We claim to be here for the Christmas markets but just wanted to try the hotel. There is a good Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm church on the way to the hotel. Also, the Gendarmenmarket is pretty good and a 15euro cab ride. Taxis right out front of the hotel.

Upon check in, they referred to this as a “Senior Suite”. I checked in at reception. He asked if I wanted to check in at the lounge but I declined. He gave me a drink/ app coupon for the bar and a $15 voucher/ coupon/ reminder for any f&b. There was no issue of my Annual Lounge Pass because we had been upgraded to a Lounge room. Maybe they partly did that knowing that I had a Lounge Pass.

Our suite was huge. It seems to be the same as the pix posted by nicholas75 above. It seems to be 1000+ square feet. It has a guest bath and a dining room table for 6. The website is confusing. The square meter/ feet numbers differ from the bullet points to the “room description”. Also there seems to be a picture of the bigger suite’s dining table in with the smaller suite’s pictures. Odd, but our suite is huge and very comfortable. No issues with heat. It is very cold and humid and bone-chilling cold outside but wonderful in here. Before bed, I pull closed the 60 feet of drapes on the windows. Great view of the little river/ canal below. We were in the north-east wing, while the pix up thread are of the south-east wing. These suites all seem to be at the ends on the “V” shaped building.

The lounge is wonderful. Someone is at the desk all day, and drinks/ coffee/ and beer are available all day. A light tea time is from 3-5pm. Spirits and food are available from 5-8pm. There are 3-4 excellent German beers available. Evening spirits are well above average with 14 year old whiskey, for example. The champagne noted up thread is still on offer. Evening food is quite fancy. All small bites of interesting soup, fish, octopus, steak, salmon mousse, and many things too fancy to identify. They are brought out on long plates and tea serve type triple racks. There is a chef right there at the lounge, so you see him and the food is hot.

We have not bothered to go downstairs for breakfast as the lounge is exceptional. There is a continental breakfast plus meats available as a buffet, but also there are 5-6 ala carte offers made right there such as pancakes, omelettes, and such. All hot and made perfectly to order.

In sum, we wanted to stay here based on the reviews above and were not disappointed. The value of a points stay turning into this is a jackpot if I were gambling, or the quadrupling of a stock if I were investing. Great stay and we will return.

Now, about those Christmas Markets in Warsaw, I bet there is a train on Saturday….

Last edited by pretzlaff; Dec 1, 2023 at 11:43 am
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:19 pm

You were lucky ! There are only three of those suites , it sounds like you are in 838 . If so your neighbors have the fourth suite and have lived there for 17 years
There are hot breakfast items next to the kitchen as well as the menu for egg dishes
Emjoy Berlin
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:19 pm

Deleted
Old Nov 30, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for the write up : wishing to like .... so here
It is indeed a good gamble all in your favour and happy to read you had an enjoyable stay .....

If it gets your approval too than IC Berlin must be so ething worthwhile ...

The offerings in the lounge must be a G-dsend to evade the icey cold ....
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Thanks for the write up : wishing to like .... so here
It is indeed a good gamble all in your favour and happy to read you had an enjoyable stay .....

If it gets your approval too than IC Berlin must be so ething worthwhile ...

The offerings in the lounge must be a G-dsend to evade the icey cold ....
So Hades you’ll have to come try it yourself and we can drink all the bubbles 😉
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:13 pm

You keep inviting me to become your drinking sparring partner ..... is it wise for you to be seen with me in public
But i have a BOGO now, that is in doubt for IC Berlin
or IC Marseille or IC Lyon .... you got to blame nicolas75 ... he is influencing me
ninjalad and nicolas75 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:39 pm

I could just wear a wig and dark glasses and no one will recognize me 😂😂😂
All three are good uses though the French ones tend to be more expensive 😉
So you could just pay for Berlin or use points and use bogo in France 😜
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Quick data point, made a cash reservation and inquired on Lounge uplift - 125EUR/day for 2 (noted AMB in case there is a discount). We are staying with my SO and our child who is 15, wondering how she will be charged 😀

Edit: Received response: The cost would be 125 € per day for 2 people + 62,50 € per day for your child (children 7-15 years old pay the 50% of the regular price, from 16 years old is the full price)
Edit2: Glad I was pro-actively advised that due to the highest possible category room booked I am receiving a very good discount instead of 1 cat upgrade

Last edited by koriobg; Dec 20, 2023 at 5:31 am
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Detailed review of my stay in February 2024

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, just perfect, as always.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate and received OneClub Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
Around 72 sqm.
More a suite than just a Junior Suite

Very elegant contemporary interior design (the good thing is that renovation keeps the best part of former interior design, and adds nice new touches like desk chair, plants).

One large living room with sofa and desk.
Tassimo coffee machine and kettle.

Bedroom with very comfortable bed. iPhone dock.

Superb bathroom with bathtub and separate shower.
Byredo Bal d’Afrique toiletries.

Large separate dressing room.
Separate guests toilets.

3 flat screen television sets with good selection of international channels (but unfortunately no more Arte tv). Chromecast

Very quiet
View Tiergarten, Siegessäule and Fernsehturm.

How is the exec. lounge?
Superbly renovated, but fortunately keeping the former elegant atmosphere and configuration (dining area, seating area, bar area, meeting room).

Excellent breakfast. Very good hot/cold evening spread.

Great staff.

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
- Very attentive and smiling staff
- Very impressed by the service
- Elegant décor of the newly renovated lobby, rooms and club lounge
- Bicycles can be rented
- Pleasant indoor pool and spa

BAD
- Nothing

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points? Would you return?
Yes, definitely. InterContinental is one of the very best properties of the hotels chain.

Spoiler

Club lounge
Spoiler

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 11, 2024 at 7:00 am
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:36 pm

Oh it seems we were there at the same time!
Happily although am no longer RA hotel still treat me like one , booked club premium and received Diplomatic suite . I did have a chat to another RA staying , your neighbour in 838 😂
nicolas75 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.