Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Hmm well first of all it says I wasn't eligible for the offer, then I got an email saying I'd been registered for it but it just seems blank when I click on it. I guess I'll wait and see if it's an IT snafu..
Exactly the same result for me..
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Hi all, when your post your targets - could you please post your status and how many IHG hotel nights you had since 2019 and for the past 12 months? Otherwise, it's just useless information.
Tony300S likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:08 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I edited the thread title and split the thread.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
This is my list of offers for the promotion:
Y2019 YTD Nights Stay: 21 nights
May 2018 - Apr 2019 Total Qualifying Night Stay: 54
Rewards night stay redeemed for last 12 months: Nil

Last edited by hclee01; Apr 29, 2019 at 9:03 am
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Hmm well first of all it says I wasn't eligible for the offer, then I got an email saying I'd been registered for it but it just seems blank when I click on it. I guess I'll wait and see if it's an IT snafu..
Same here. The offer shows up for me under my offers, but then redirects to a standard page, with no content.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: AS 75K, southwest A+, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire ambassador
Same here. Registered and said not eligible. Then an email from IHG stating I had registered. When I look at my specific requirements, there aren’t any.
martinrennard likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SoCaltravel
Same here. Registered and said not eligible. Then an email from IHG stating I had registered. When I look at my specific requirements, there aren’t any.

+1
martinrennard likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:19 am

Attempted to register but got message that I was not eligible, but did receive confirmation e-mail from IHG. Then when logged into account it shows up as an offer but there are no terms shown. Guess I will have to wait
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Weak!
I am more than halfway toward Hilton Diamond, was considering some IHG stays, based on the new promo, now not going to bother.
Platinum Elite (credit cards)
2 nights
Earn 26,500 total bonus points.
Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 26,500 total bonus points.
10,000Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.
5,600Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.
2,800Stay at 2 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 2 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 2,800 bonus points.
6,600Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
1,500Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Glad I'm not the only get getting those errors!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:08 am

I got one ...

... but it is sooo bland that I would do it ... 28.600 points, no achievement bonus, three challenges .. of which two I would fulfill with bookings already done. Obviously it does not require to book after registration only. At least in my part of the world, it is easier to buy 3.000 to 5.000 bonus packages to keep a Spire member instead of running behind challenges which are so bland as this one. The last time IHG suddenly offered me 4.000 points for two stays which I did anyway and most probably they wanted to remind me they exist ... I`d rather spend the summer retaining my Hilton Diamond membership and sadly for IHG I will stay more than sixty nights in hotels in just three months .. If the offer is not better so be it. There are lots of other choices around. In the past I always liked them but for the last 6 to 12 months, the offers have degraded and if IHG does not want me as a client so be it ... I rather aim for Lifetime membership with other chains ...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:09 am

I agree ... I will do the same and retain rather my Hilton Diamond membership ...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:10 am

Looks me last one in Spring 2019 ... did not go for it ...

Originally Posted by hclee01
This is my list of offers for the promotion:
Y2019 YTD Nights Stay: 21 nights
May 2018 - Apr 2019 Total Qualifying Night Stay: 54
Rewards night stay redeemed for last 12 months: Nil

Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, IHG Spire Ambassador, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC

Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
A bit of a poor do this time after the last quarter’s bean-feast. Mine are:

Stay at 5 different brands for 19,200 points

Stay ay 2 Crown Plaza’s for 8,400 points

Book 3 Bonus Points Packages for 6,600 points

Stay 4 nights or more (once only) for 4,000 points

No bonus for completing all tasks either.

Very poor. Hilton here I come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.