Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold

Credit Card, 34 rollover nights, 27 nights stayed, total 61.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Just cancelled my 7 day stay for this week. I have another reservation for 28 days in dubai for their shopping festival dec/jan. If IHG still says I'm ineligible, I'll be booking some place else
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Also showing not eligible but I got the email. I guess I'll check back tomorrow and see what's happened.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
A bit of a poor do this time after the last quarter’s bean-feast. Mine are:

Stay at 5 different brands for 19,200 points

Stay ay 2 Crown Plaza’s for 8,400 points

Book 3 Bonus Points Packages for 6,600 points

Stay 4 nights or more (once only) for 4,000 points

No bonus for completing all tasks either.

Very poor. Hilton here I come.
I would have yours any time. Mine is a boring double points with maximum 40K. Yours is more interesting in comparison.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:21 pm

I've already stated over 40 nights this year with IHG, so was looking forward to a good accelerate for this promotion.
unfortunately, I got a terrible bunch of offers with a 12k achievement bonus target for meeting 5of6 with only 41k of points including the 12k bonus for it all.
Would have been staying around 30-40 nights during this promotion, but will be moving them to Hilton now, and only staying at about IHG about 3-4 nights now for like one or two targets max.

In a way it's good to be given such an offer, it sort of makes you look for pastures new and see what the grass is like on the other side of the fence instead of getting stuck in a routine.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:28 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Had a nice first accelerate.

now this one is a bit weak but will probably go for it anyway. Still angry at Marriott... Hilton Diamond almost pocketed...

stay at 3 brands earn 16K
stay at 2 HI 4,6K
stay at 2 weekends 6k

Wife's account also not eligible but got confirmation email for registration,,,
Achievment Bonus 20k
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Hmm well first of all it says I wasn't eligible for the offer, then I got an email saying I'd been registered for it but it just seems blank when I click on it. I guess I'll wait and see if it's an IT snafu..
Getting similar error.

When I go through my account and click on promotion it is blank. Don’t know my offer.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Priority Club
IHG Software

Originally Posted by RedElmo

Getting similar error.

When I go through my account and click on promotion it is blank. Don’t know my offer.
Same for me..... Looks like it is still virtually impossible to get fired from the IHG Software Support Team
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:51 pm

Actually pretty excited for mine, definitely doable this go-round:

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 40,800 total bonus points.

14,400 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 14,400 bonus points.

4,500 Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

20,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 20,400 bonus points.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:19 pm

Can someone remind me what an eligible stay is? Do free nights (either with points or Chase free night certificate) count?

EDIT: Answering my own question. From terms and conditions:

"Non-Qualifying Room Rates" or "Non-Qualifying Stay" include the following: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third-party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.

Looks like nights booked with points do not count.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:20 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by chrism20
Double points from the second stay up to 40k for me. Nothing else. It’s been a while since I had a rubbish one like that
I am in the same boat ...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've only got around 43% of the present "40000 points" promo and will hit Spire after another stay.

As with others, I'm not eligible for the Accelerate promo yet got the email saying I'm registered.
Blank screen where any info about tasks should be.

Does say on the website, under offers, that it runs from 30th April 2019. The app says from 25th April 2019.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
I got 68,400 potential

5600 - Stay 2 weekends inc Saturday
11,200 - Stay at 4 IHG hotels
6,600 - Earn more faster - book 3 bonus point packages
6800 - Corporate account bonus, stay 4 times on corporate rate.
4000 - Stay a little longer - 1 stay of 4 or more nights.
34,200 bonus for completing all 5.

I wont be able to hit this as i don't have enough work trips planned where i can chose my own hotel. (most of our locations are near Courtyard by Marriott. hotels, so we have to book there.)

I am Ambassador, and generally have 10-15 IHG nights a year. i have hit my last 3 promo amounts, usually around 25-30k
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
After a wonderful Jan bonus, I get this rubbish:

5,600 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points. Terms
4,500 Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points. Terms
6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster. Terms
16,700 Your Achievement Bonus

I don't use points and cash (and probably never will), and I will *never* use Bonus Point Package stays, so I guess I can safely ignore this promotion.

As I'm over halfway to requalifying for Spire: I might do what some other folks posting in this thread suggest and find another hotel chain's promotion to follow?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Called because I am still on the blank page.
Was told all they could see was 3 brands - 10800
3 stays - 10800
potential of 79k but she was unable to tell me the other tasks.

IT said wait 24/48 hours system is updating.

:/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.