Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2018 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview

2018 discussion thread
Print Wikipost

2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Concerto
I definitely think you thinking of Aberdeen. Inverness is desperately short of reasonably priced hotel rooms so the HIX is nearly always quite dear. Once, about 10 years ago, I stopped while on the road and got a good walk in price. Don't think it's ever been on the Pointbreaks list before.
Is HIX London Hammersmith any good?
Also, I expect any hotels in Florida at this time of the year to represent a good deal. I recall two years ago the Staybridge on I-75 around Fort Myers was on the Pointbreaks list.
You're probably right. The last time I was in Inverness, my dad was driving my car - I'll let you guess why!

Hammersmith is pretty well connected actually. I don't know the property itself, but you can be pretty much anywhere in London within a half hour or so on the tube.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I wonder what the hotel in Moscow is like? I stayed at the HI Tagansky in Moscow and it was excellent.
It's on the outskirts of Moscow and far from subway stations. The hotel itself is probably OK (most HIs/HIXs in Moscow are).
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:58 pm

Bummer. Pattaya is already all booked out. I was going to take my family for an impromptu vacation.

I guess it isn't that bad as I would have had to take the kids out of school to go, but it would have been a nice little break before summer.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by baroqen
Bummer. Pattaya is already all booked out. I was going to take my family for an impromptu vacation.

I guess it isn't that bad as I would have had to take the kids out of school to go, but it would have been a nice little break before summer.
taking your kids to pattaya of all places?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I see that Miadukes has mentioned Charleston SC. Both PB hotels are about 2 miles from my home, right at the foot of the large Ravenel Bridge at the beginning of Mount Pleasant (suburb.) The Hotel Indigo @15K was just refurbished last year & has a resort-style swimming pool and lounge chairs in the jacuzzi, half in and half out of the water. The brand-new Staybridge Suites is directly across the street. Both are one mile or so from Waterfront Park which has live music dances starting in late May and 1.5--2 miles to Patriots' Point & its US Navy ship, which is now permanently docked and used as a museum & memorial.
Downtown Charleston is across the bridge, about 4--5 miles total drive. Lyft & Uber fares are about $10 one-way when there is no surge, which avoids the parking fees & hassles of downtown. In the other direction is Coleman Blvd. with several suburban bars, including a dive called Art's Pub, where I sing karaoke on Thursday nights.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:25 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:31 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by BaconSF
Sure. I was planning on teaching them how they were made.

But seriously, it looked okay from the pictures and seems pretty secluded and sheltered from the seedier elements. They could play on what looks to be a private beach and the pools and we could take trips to one of the small islands as well. We could also control which parts of the city we visit. I haven't actually ever been to Pattaya, but I heard that it isn't too bad during the daytime anymore. For 45k points for 4 nights and about $500 total for our tickets, it would have been a nice, cheap trip. Too bad inventory disappeared so quick.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is pretty much the end of the 5k list....very sad....

i did however make one booking from the 10k list....
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:57 am

-----

Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BaconSF

I understand that even San Francisco has it's seedier elements
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Temedar
It's on the outskirts of Moscow and far from subway stations. The hotel itself is probably OK (most HIs/HIXs in Moscow are).
The Tagansky, in fact, is a stone's throw from Paveletskaya station, with connections all over including to DME airport. It's a very short tram ride, but I reckon you could walk it in about 20 minutes. If Tagansky shows up on a Pointbreaks list at some point, I would really try and make a booking. But it won't show up on Pointbreaks, not what the latter has now become anyway.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mster
Any potential issues updating PB reservation from 1 guest to 2 after booking?
Where is the hotel? I would not really stress about it as the points cost is always the same whether it is for 1 or 2 people, so the hotel would have to be really petty to make a thing of it. I often forget to put in 2 adults when making points bookings and have never had an issue.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The Tagansky, in fact, is a stone's throw from Paveletskaya station, with connections all over including to DME airport.
Right, but I was describing the one on current PB list - HIX Khovrino
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
I see that Miadukes has mentioned Charleston SC. Both PB hotels are about 2 miles from my home, right at the foot of the large Ravenel Bridge at the beginning of Mount Pleasant (suburb.) The Hotel Indigo @15K was just refurbished last year & has a resort-style swimming pool and lounge chairs in the jacuzzi, half in and half out of the water. The brand-new Staybridge Suites is directly across the street. Both are one mile or so from Waterfront Park which has live music dances starting in late May and 1.5--2 miles to Patriots' Point & its US Navy ship, which is now permanently docked and used as a museum & memorial.
Downtown Charleston is across the bridge, about 4--5 miles total drive. Lyft & Uber fares are about $10 one-way when there is no surge, which avoids the parking fees & hassles of downtown. In the other direction is Coleman Blvd. with several suburban bars, including a dive called Art's Pub, where I sing karaoke on Thursday nights.
Hey thanks for all that info! Yes I was looking at the fact that both hotels are really close to each other and was thinking of booking the cheaper one but I have really enjoyed my stays art Indigos in the past, and also I saw online what you mentioned about the jacuzzi and the pool chairs in and out and that looked awesome. Made it impromptu but hope to be able to actually make it there, been wanting to visit charleston for a long time now
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:44 am

-----
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.