FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:15 pm
Brendan

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I see that Miadukes has mentioned Charleston SC. Both PB hotels are about 2 miles from my home, right at the foot of the large Ravenel Bridge at the beginning of Mount Pleasant (suburb.) The Hotel Indigo @15K was just refurbished last year & has a resort-style swimming pool and lounge chairs in the jacuzzi, half in and half out of the water. The brand-new Staybridge Suites is directly across the street. Both are one mile or so from Waterfront Park which has live music dances starting in late May and 1.5--2 miles to Patriots' Point & its US Navy ship, which is now permanently docked and used as a museum & memorial.
Downtown Charleston is across the bridge, about 4--5 miles total drive. Lyft & Uber fares are about $10 one-way when there is no surge, which avoids the parking fees & hassles of downtown. In the other direction is Coleman Blvd. with several suburban bars, including a dive called Art's Pub, where I sing karaoke on Thursday nights.