Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2018 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview

2018 discussion thread
Print Wikipost

2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
I got four days in Rome in April for 30k using the fourth night free option of the new credit card. And four days in London in April for 45k using the same option. So not entirely bad at all. HIX with free breakfast on both.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:53 am
Suspended

Booked several nights in Miami Airport for 15K. Cash price 220-240 plus taxes.

Could have used the nights in Clearwater too. Looks like a good property. Cash price $250++, if you can get it on PB you are lucky!

Other than that the 5K list is almost dead. the 10K list is non very inspiring. But some really good savings can be found in 15K list.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was up doing a hiking trail on the snow at Anzère, which was surprisingly good (I thought it was going to be heavy going and tiring, anything but). The people in the postbus were mostly locals, one or two Swiss skiers and a handful of schoolchildren. Now I am home, I have just fired up the computer to have a look at Pointbreaks, but wrote this post first...
Nice! I hope you speak French! Although, you're very near the border of the (Swiss) German speaking area.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I can't believe I even bothered to open my phone for this. Good luck guys, I'm going back to my beer.
I daren't touch any beer just now. Yesterday after a concert I got so plastered over a raclette with friends that I don't know how I made it through to Monday. I don't know why I do silly things like that. The problem began when we started having coups de milieu of hard schnapps in the middle of the raclette.

Nice! I hope you speak French! Although, you're very near the border of the (Swiss) German speaking area.
French is my first language now, with German close behind. All the work here is in French and almost nobody, curiously, speaks English.

Oh dear.... what a terrible, awful list!!! All excitement turned to excrement.
What a shame! Nothing in Frankfurt, Milan or even Helsinki (as another poster was hoping for).

On the upside, trying to be positive, I suppose there a number of Intercontinentals on the list. I wonder what the hotel in Moscow is like? I stayed at the HI Tagansky in Moscow and it was excellent.
The HIX in Inverness could be a very good deal, because that can get jolly expensive and apart from private B&Bs there's not a lot of hotels in Inverness. Mexico gets quite a bit of attention too, doesn't it?
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Sigh........
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Concerto
I daren't touch any beer just now. Yesterday after a concert I got so plastered over a raclette with friends that I don't know how I made it through to Monday. I don't know why I do silly things like that. The problem began when we started having coups de milieu of hard schnapps in the middle of the raclette.

French is my first language now, with German close behind. All the work here is in French and almost nobody, curiously, speaks English.

Oh dear.... what a terrible, awful list!!! All excitement turned to excrement.
What a shame! Nothing in Frankfurt, Milan or even Helsinki (as another poster was hoping for).

On the upside, trying to be positive, I suppose there a number of Intercontinentals on the list. I wonder what the hotel in Moscow is like? I stayed at the HI Tagansky in Moscow and it was excellent.
The HIX in Inverness could be a very good deal, because that can get jolly expensive and apart from private B&Bs there's not a lot of hotels in Inverness. Mexico gets quite a bit of attention too, doesn't it?
Oh dear! Those raclette gatherings can be dangerous! I guess Francophone Switzerland is one of the few places in Europe where English is relegated to third place. French used to be my second language in a previous life, but after six years of living in the Bodensee area, German has somewhat displaced it from the forefront of the mind.

The Moscow hotel is the only one that kind of piqued my interest - but there is also a Hilton - either Hampton or Garden Inn, can't remember which - that goes for 10k day in, day out - and I can't be arsed to sort out a visa at short notice. I don't know how well situated the PB property is.

The Intercons on the list are pretty much smoke and mirrors - $100 cash rates abound in those locales. Forget INV by the way - the CP there regularly goes for 50-60GBP.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended

Forget INV by the way - the CP there regularly goes for 50-60GBP.
...or am I thinking of ABZ?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:41 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
Sigh........
Yup .... RIP PB
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:41 am

I'm happy. IC Sofia Bulgaria the last week of May. Beats converting my Canadian dollars to Euros.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yup .... RIP PB
All good things come to an end.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Par for the course. Pretty useless except for Asia, Mexico and flyover country.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I'm able to redeem for IC Hotel at MSP airport which comes in handy (head to hotel right away so I can work w/o losing much time)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Well I booked for two weekends in clearwater and one in Charleston.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Crowne Plaza Toulouse looks like one of the few interesting hotels. List overall is bad.
New PB motto: "What have I got, Toulouse?"
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
...or am I thinking of ABZ?
I definitely think you thinking of Aberdeen. Inverness is desperately short of reasonably priced hotel rooms so the HIX is nearly always quite dear. Once, about 10 years ago, I stopped while on the road and got a good walk in price. Don't think it's ever been on the Pointbreaks list before.
Is HIX London Hammersmith any good?
Also, I expect any hotels in Florida at this time of the year to represent a good deal. I recall two years ago the Staybridge on I-75 around Fort Myers was on the Pointbreaks list.
The_Bouncer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.