Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: ihg platinum
new preview?

Any word on the new preview list?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Loyalty Lobby published the preview:
http://www.loyaltylobby.com/2017/01/...april-30-2017/
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by moe8555
Loyalty Lobby published the preview:
http://www.loyaltylobby.com/2017/01/...april-30-2017/
I feel like this is the best moment of the month!

eta: I take that back, a previw of like 5 properties, the remaining list will be friday around noon.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by miadukes

eta: I take that back, a previw of like 5 properties, the remaining list will be friday around noon.
Teaser....hoping for a few good properties come tomorrow
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Teaser....hoping for a few good properties come tomorrow
Agreed, that bit looked good, I was actually looking at flights to see if I can see poland LOL

but yes, hoping for something I can use, I decided I am going to try to explore new places based on PBlist. Just for fun, see how that goes.

The IC Santo Domingo looked interesting but I will admit to not wanting to go there at all but who knows, maybe.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:51 am

when you say Friday around noon for the remaining list. Do you mean the rest of the preview list or time to book hotel?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by terrydude47
when you say Friday around noon for the remaining list. Do you mean the rest of the preview list or time to book hotel?
The site link says that they will do the rest of the list to preview.
From my understanding reading these threads booking only ever starts on monday.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
FWIW, the IC Santo Domingo is brand new, in a great part of the city (top floors of a luxury shopping mall). Definitely a nice hotel, albeit in the middle of the city and about 40 mins from the beach in DR. But very close to the old town (Colonial Zone) and shopping.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by kocoliza
FWIW, the IC Santo Domingo is brand new, in a great part of the city (top floors of a luxury shopping mall). Definitely a nice hotel, albeit in the middle of the city and about 40 mins from the beach in DR. But very close to the old town (Colonial Zone) and shopping.
Will a weekend be good to do there? I dont need the beach as I am in Florida but is there something worthwhile to see in Santo Domingo , the colonial zone, that will push me to make a weekend trip there?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Will a weekend be good to do there? I dont need the beach as I am in Florida but is there something worthwhile to see in Santo Domingo , the colonial zone, that will push me to make a weekend trip there?
It is not a place where I would go, based on all the recent auto accidents incl. Yordano Ventura.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:03 am

Yes. I weekend is more than enough to see the city. Flights are price last minute though.

The colonial Zone is pretty small, but interesting. A couple of museums. There is good shopping for Silver and local gemstones in nearby pedestrian street "El Conde". The area is slightly seedy around the Colonial Zone, but the hotel is in the modern, busy part of town. Traffic is horrid but they have UBER now. Much cheaper and convenient than renting a car.

Other than that, there is great restaurants in Santo Domingo. Lots of expat chefs opening NYC quality restaurants, for a lot less $. Be sure to visit "Pat'e Palo" in the colonial zone. Great views! Check out Trip Advisor's top Santo Domingo restaurants for more options.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:07 am

It is not a place where I would go, based on all the recent auto accidents incl. Yordano Ventura.
These accidents tend to happen in the highway, deep in the country side. Speed limits are respected on very few highways.

the IC Santo Domingo is in the capital. You are more likely to die of heat stroke or boredom while stuck in the almost constant gridlock of traffic
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Check the cash rate for HI Silom, stayed there last October and it was around 1700++ THB per night, which is around $50. If you are running for the Q1 promo, then the PB is not that attractive.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:23 pm

Yes. I weekend is more than enough to see the city. Flights are price last minute though.

The colonial Zone is pretty small, but interesting. A couple of museums. There is good shopping for Silver and local gemstones in nearby pedestrian street "El Conde". The area is slightly seedy around the Colonial Zone, but the hotel is in the modern, busy part of town. Traffic is horrid but they have UBER now. Much cheaper and convenient than renting a car.

Other than that, there is great restaurants in Santo Domingo. Lots of expat chefs opening NYC quality restaurants, for a lot less $. Be sure to visit "Pat'e Palo" in the colonial zone. Great views! Check out Trip Advisor's top Santo Domingo restaurants for more options.
These accidents tend to happen in the highway, deep in the country side. Speed limits are respected on very few highways.

the IC Santo Domingo is in the capital. You are more likely to die of heat stroke or boredom while stuck in the almost constant gridlock of traffic
Thanks for the info. Now I know if i can make this work then yes, if not no biggie, DR wasn't on the top of my travel list anyway LOL

ok so this list im hoping for atlanta and philly and something good in florida.

not a lot to ask for! lol
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:26 pm

Thanks for the info. Now I know if i can make this work then yes, if not no biggie, DR wasn't on the top of my travel list anyway LOL

ok so this list im hoping for atlanta and philly and something good in florida.

not a lot to ask for! lol
I second FL. Fingers crossed. IC Boston would be nice though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.