Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
This is a pretty darn sad list of domestic US properties. I was at least hoping for something in the greater Columbus area, given that there are like 80 IHGs here and they're all usually cheap. Literally the only US property on this list that looks remotely interesting is the HIX Boise airport. Too bad I won't be back in Boise anytime soon.

Holiday Inn SLC-South Jordan isn't bad either, but meh, I'd rather just pay $55 a night for P+C at the Hyatt Place downtown instead.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:04 pm

Still not bookable yet. And its past the usual 12 noon timing.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Booking begins at Noon on Monday, this is the sneak peek..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
This is a pretty darn sad list of domestic US properties. I was at least hoping for something in the greater Columbus area, given that there are like 80 IHGs here and they're all usually cheap. Literally the only US property on this list that looks remotely interesting is the HIX Boise airport. Too bad I won't be back in Boise anytime soon.

Holiday Inn SLC-South Jordan isn't bad either, but meh, I'd rather just pay $55 a night for P+C at the Hyatt Place downtown instead.
I think the candlewood suites near disney seems good though.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I came here to point out that for anyone in the NY/NJ/Philly area who wants to ski, then the Staybridge in East Stroudsburg, PA is not far from the Shawnee Mountain Ski Area. It's not great skiing, but for 5,000 points per night, it's definitely cheap.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I was right about Calexico...
too funny hahah
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Waiting for the map view.
Always appreciated.

And the Perry-Do.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brettalb
I came here to point out that for anyone in the NY/NJ/Philly area who wants to ski, then the Staybridge in East Stroudsburg, PA is not far from the Shawnee Mountain Ski Area. It's not great skiing, but for 5,000 points per night, it's definitely cheap.
Reviews on TripAdvisor for the property seem pretty bad...just a fair warning to others looking to book this property without checking reviews first.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by redreeper
Waiting for the map view.
Always appreciated.

And the Perry-Do.
thats already up. I don't know if im allowed to link to it but just google ihg pointsbreak map.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire elite, Marriott Gold
I did some research on the to ICs. Venezuela one doesn't look very interesting as the city is a bit off tourist path. Santo Domingo seems like a good option if you can score some reasonably priced ticket however.

I saw two good hotels I will contribute to the Gem list. Hotels in China can be a bit..non up to US standard depending on the local star system. I stayed at a local three star hotel that has roaches, and it's apparently quite common. Also there is a law that all foreigners has to be registered, hence some of the smaller hotels will literally turn you away if you hold a foreign passport. Which was a issue in Xi'an when I tried to book myself into the smaller hotels...and barely snagged the last room in the local four star hotel for about 70 USD a night. I don't feel guilty taking up the last spot since locals can sleep in the smaller hotels if needed.

Holiday Inn Beijing Shijingshan Parkview

This hotel is a bit in the boonies, according to the reviews in Chinese. It's very quiet but not closest to restaurants etc. It seems to be not in the middle of it all, but recently renovated and still, it's Beijing, last time I paid 50USD for hangting hotel in a room with no windows, so...not highly recommended but something to think about.

Crowne Plaza HangzhouOneThousandIslandLake

Hangzhou is near Shanghai, and thousand island lake is a very beautiful scenic area. Fly into Shanghai and then take the high speed rail to Hangzhou, and then I think you can take a bus or train to thousand island. It is a crowne plaza.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Literally the only US property on this list that looks remotely interesting is the HIX Boise airport.
How do you figure the HIX Boise airport is interesting?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I'm in for a four day weekend at the IC Santo Domingo.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by miadukes
thats already up. I don't know if im allowed to link to it but just google ihg pointsbreak map.
If it's not link to YOUR commercial interest, post away.

Just like the link to the preview site.

BTW, I've stayed at PRG airport and can say I really enjoyed my stay there ^

And now that the Metro is extended, all you need to do is hop on local bus (literally drops you off in front of HI and pick up is just around the corner) and change to Metro and you'll be in Old Town in under an hour.

Boarding Area blog map here.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
A decent-ish list in Europe this time. Unfortunately I'm too busy to get much, if anything, out of it. Krakow looks to be the pick, if only I could fit in a week or so. Prague is only a 5-hour drive from me, so I might consider a few days there.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport should be of interest to some. Also, Dresden is a great place to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.