Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
That is not the suite type that I had. The suite I had, had a much bigger living room more than twice the size of that one with a desk area off in the L between the living room and bathroom, it also had significant glass to 3 sides of the room. I have some pics somewhere but not easily hosted to add in here.

I think the suite was on the 12th floor but may be wrong about that.
Well then, if the greepen link above is correct, it appears you had a terrace suite.

How about the photos attached to this tripadvisor report, they aren't great, but do seem to show a much larger suite.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...rl#UR353510893

Last edited by tangey; May 23, 2016 at 8:43 am
Old May 23, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tangey
Well then, if the greepen link above is correct, it appears you had a terrace suite.

How about the photos attached to this tripadvisor report, they aren't great, but do seem to show a much larger suite.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...rl#UR353510893
The living room was long and reasonably wide and had 2 sofas in the middle'of the room opposite each other. If FT had a hosting service I would upload some pics. I have a few on my iPhone.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
The living room was long and reasonably wide and had 2 sofas in the middle'of the room opposite each other. If FT had a hosting service I would upload some pics. I have a few on my iPhone.
Stick them on postimage.org and post the link here
Old May 24, 2016, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I prefer the PL but if I could get £145/night again I shall be back!
I've just booked for £116 next month. Cheapest I've seen it. I was going to book a HIE to get my June Accelerate bonus, but thought I'd have a nice night here instead.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tangey
Stick them on postimage.org and post the link here

Old May 30, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
ok so Im in the same suite as the one you just shown...which according to management is just the club suite or 1 bed suite as they call. Its a good size and I would compare it to maybe a deluxe suite at PL - this is around 60sqm no way is it a 100sqm.

links to my pics:

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=3&page=1

Also informed there is a sort of terrace suite but, you cant use the terrace which is a little larger (not bookable online) and the penthouse , which is occupied a lot by the owners...
Old May 30, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Felt bigger than 60 square metres to me but probably less than 100 square metres on reflection.

The Deluxe Riverview Suite as the standard upgrade from base room is pleasant enough too, we have just checked out after 4 nights. Quick turnaround at home tonight and back tomorrow

One big downside of this property is very poor power socket provision especially by the desks. They really should drop in some 4 way adapters.

We had an excellent dinner and perhaps the best table in the house at the Pensinsula restaurant over the weekend. It is superb value with the 50% off discount before 8pm
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: Nando's Black, British Airways Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I stayed here over the weekend and really enjoyed it. I live in central London and it proved to be the perfect hotel for a London “staycation”.

As a Gold Ambassador I received the fruit and water amenity, 4pm check-out, 1 level room upgrade and an in-room movie. We partook in the 5 course tasting menu at the Peninsula restaurant (which was excellent). The 50 per cent off food promotion at Peninsula is running until the end of August but you need to ask for it at check-in. I thought the room was perfectly sized for two people (Deluxe King Canary Wharf – corner – 1102) and very comfortable.

We took the River Boat from Embankment to the O2 dock – not because it was convenient but for the tourist factor (also the accompanying free audio guide app in:flow is excellent). The hotel is a short 5-10 min walk from the O2 dock, the main sights in Greenwich are only a 25min walk along the Thames path from the hotel and the Thames barrier is a 45 min stroll (or 20 min jog) the other way.

The gym facility was excellent (good aircon, towels, water, fruit and music - good range of cardio and weight training equipment) and I also rated the pool, sauna, steam room highly as well. The hotel was not very busy during our stay (which meant we were able to check in at 10am).

The only (very minor and easily resolved) hiccup was with the IHG MasterCard rate. It is supposed to include breakfast but that didn’t show on the hotel’s booking system. It meant that the duty manager had to be called during check-out, I had to present the voucher and show the booking confirmation on my phone (which I had to email to the manager) before they would remove the £25 per person breakfast charge.

The Club supplement was £75 which wasn’t worth it given we had booked dinner at 7pm and breakfast (was eventually) included in our rate.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

I stayed this weekend as well, upgraded to a Riverview deluxe suite on the 17th floor. Though it was a lot smaller than the room Land-of-Miles shows.

I noticed there were USB charging sockets now by the bed and desk, which I've not noticed during previous stays. Maybe they've removed a UK plug socket to fit them? No spare UK plugs at the desk and only on one side of the bed. All the standard ambassador benefits offered via a letter delivered to the room later on. Chocolates, fruit and water were in the room on arrival.

The tent looks a lot nicer now they've cleaned it too, it needed it!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chistery
I stayed this weekend as well, upgraded to a Riverview deluxe suite on the 17th floor. Though it was a lot smaller than the room Land-of-Miles shows.

I noticed there were USB charging sockets now by the bed and desk, which I've not noticed during previous stays. Maybe they've removed a UK plug socket to fit them? No spare UK plugs at the desk and only on one side of the bed. All the standard ambassador benefits offered via a letter delivered to the room later on. Chocolates, fruit and water were in the room on arrival.

The tent looks a lot nicer now they've cleaned it too, it needed it!
All the rooms I have had have usb sockets on one side of the bed and by the desk. The desk has nowhere near enough sockets though, on one stay I did find a 4 way adapter in place, which made a change from having to unplug the phone.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:56 pm

I have no clue how these rates are found. Rarely see anything under £200.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Petrus
I was looking earlier, £104 for Aug 26th or 27th. 11% cashback via Quidco too.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
Try looking more than 4 weeks ahead or closer to the stay date.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:18 am

Just to add that beyond IC, even RA's upgraded to a club room do not necessarily get club access at other IHG properties. I found myself earlier this month in a club room at the CP Chester without club access. This is quite rare in my experience and indicative of a poor property.
Think our stay pattens must have shadowed each other...totally agree with analysis of IC O2 & PL.....O2 is doing a great job at great value and are going the extra mile. There is a certain amount of polish that PL has but different horses for different courses. I'd say both are spot on models for differing types of stay. Sounds an awful comment but if you look at the nature of the folks checking & checking out at both locations....they are an entirely different MO.

And indeed I entirely agree your comments on CP Chester. A fairly poor experience here as well with very little give on the lounge. Mind you if you've used the lounge there you will know you are not missing a great deal....two converted bedrooms with a slopped ceiling....it's not somewhere you want to spend more than 30 mins. And given it's not much, you'd think they'd give it up for RA's .... they did once for me but only once and that was a while back.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Do they serve champagne in the Club Lounge? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.