Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
what are these guys like for Ambassador upgrades?

I am looking at using my 241 this weekend

If I book the King Deluxe Canary Wharfe, the next category up is the Riverview Club Intercontinental Suite.

Will I get upgraded to this and get Club Access?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boar
Do they serve champagne in the Club Lounge? Thanks
No they do offer a rather nice English Rose sparkling wine.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
You should get upgraded to that suite, I have done when booking the room rate you are looking at. They will charge extra for club access though.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
No they do offer a rather nice English Rose sparkling wine.
Thanks Land-of-miles, that's my local fizz!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The hotel will officially open on July 5th, with Sir Cliff Richard as the guest of honour.

Sir Cliff Richard to open Greenwich hotel
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chistery
The hotel will officially open on July 5th, with Sir Cliff Richard as the guest of honour.

Sir Cliff Richard to open Greenwich hotel
Oh god I shall be staying that night. I really, really hope there will not be any singing.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Land-of-Miles, have you spotted any celebs or Sir Cliff yet then?

Sir Cliff Richard officially opens The Intercontinental London – The O2
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by chistery
Land-of-Miles, have you spotted any celebs or Sir Cliff yet then?

Sir Cliff Richard officially opens The Intercontinental London – The O2
I would have thought they could have found someone of a higher calibre than old Cliff. Do they really want to be associated with someone involved in child-sex allegations..?
Very odd.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by turner32
I would have thought they could have found someone of a higher calibre than old Cliff. Do they really want to be associated with someone involved in child-sex allegations..?
Very odd.
It says in the article that he has a small percentage in it, maybe that could be why, but yes, it does seem a slightly odd PR decision.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well thankfully I missed this but a plaque has appeared re:the official opening today.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:18 am

Finally managed to check this hotel out last night after myself and a colleague had a very heated discussion with the Manager at the Citizen M which resulted in is checking out a day early.

Upgraded from a base room to a deluxe riverview which was very nice and was a decent size. Tassimo machine with costa coffee discs and a good choice of quality teas. Bathroom was also a decent size with a bath and shower. Only complaint about the room was that there was a slight whiff of damp in the shower - there must have been an issue elsewhere as there was a woman creating about it in the lounge this morning and asking to be moved.

Lounge access is £95 which is reduced to £75 if you are AMB. Arrived about half an hour before the afternoon tea finished. The macarons were some of the best I have ever tasted.

Evening drinks hours as others have mentioned is 5pm till 7pm which IMO for a hotel in this location is a bit early, it should be 6pm till 8pm I think. Lounge was very quiet with only six other people during the drinks service and four of them arrived in the last thirty minutes so it was very exclusive. Good choice of spirits, wines and beers. Three types of cold canapés. One fish, one with chilli in it which was excellent and I'm not sure what exactly was in the third. Warm items were chicken skewers, veggie kebabs and spicy fish fingers.

Decided to order room service later on after havin been out for a walk. The Surrey beefburger was excellent with lots of flavour and no fat/grissle. Although by the time the tray charge and service charge were added a bacon and cheese burger with fries cost £33.07! If I had paid more attention to the charges I'd probably have opted to dine in the restaurant. Nevertheless the quality of the food was very good.

One note though for anyone visiting in August - the restaurant is closed between August 8th & 25th.

Very quiet during the night and I had a very good nights sleep although it was very warm due to the (very) heavy duvet. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong with the AC controls as well but I had it set to 18 most of the time and it definitely never reached that.

Breakfast in the lounge this morning was very quiet. There was a bit of a debate with the MOS as to whether I had paid for lounge access or not as apparently I wasn't on the list as being allowed access (There were nine rooms on the list from what I could see) but this was sorted quickly as it was showing on the PC.

Good choice of cold meats and breads available although the pastries were a little disappointing and I have my doubts as to whether they were cooked this morning. Choice of items available from the menu although from what the MOS said I believe we could have requested items that weren't on the menu. The eggs benedict was very nice as were the pancakes.

Overall, it's a very nice property and is very different from PL which to be fair I did expect from previous reviews. Pastries aside the food and service was excellent. Will definitely visit again.

Only other issue I noticed with the hotel was there was one smashed window and two cracked ones near to the entrance which seemed a little odd.

I've taken a few pictures of the room/lounge offerings and will post these later, I'm currently on the train back to Scotland.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have noticed a few things slipping recently. I rarely get to use the lounge in the evening due to timing but have taken to eating breakfast in the restaurant (included if you have lounge access) as it is much faster.

Linen change is now every 2 days with nothing in room to opt for daily change.

Last night my minibar hadn't been replenished and my room service soup arrived without a spoon after a long wait to contact room service.

All relatively trivial but below the standard you might reasonably expect.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have noticed a few things slipping recently. I rarely get to use the lounge in the evening due to timing but have taken to eating breakfast in the restaurant (included if you have lounge access) as it is much faster.

Linen change is now every 2 days with nothing in room to opt for daily change.

Last night my minibar hadn't been replenished and my room service soup arrived without a spoon after a long wait to contact room service.

All relatively trivial but below the standard you might reasonably expect.
I never thought to ask on here if anyone was there last night.

Now you mention it the phone did ring for quite a while when calling room service. Probably nine or ten rings. I managed to write and send a text whilst the phone was ringing out.

It's a really nice hotel and I'm glad I finally managed to visit. I agree though there are a few little things that need a little more attention to detail.

Thanks for the info re breakfast. I wish we had known we could have had it in the restaurant rather than the lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Was here for a weekend night saturday, was given a club intercon suite - city view club access too. The food in the lounge is dissapointing!! i think i noticed better spirits from my last visit - not better then Park lane by a MILE. No sparking rose this time, howeve a decent prosecco. 6 SMALL canape items, no cheese!! Usual notes etc packets of crisps. This lounge is no way better then park lane. perhaps only since they offer 3 more canapes but Park lane lounge is better by a mile.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by chrism20
Evening drinks hours as others have mentioned is 5pm till 7pm which IMO for a hotel in this location is a bit early, it should be 6pm till 8pm I think.
One wonders is this earlier time associated with the fact that it is annexed onto the O2 and therefore timed to allow people to take advantage of the lounge and still get to their concert in good time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.