Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC London O2 (Greenwich) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by sven60035
I booked a Friends and Family Rate for this property and the T&C in both e-mail and during booking it was outlined that the rate requires a first night deposit that is refundable if cancelled in accordance with the hotel's cancel policy which was no charge if canceled latest 48 hours before.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel but I did 5 days before the stay and the hotels comment for a refund was "In regard to the charges on your cancelled reservation, we do have it as one night chargeable which is non-refundable" and no further communication was received once I send them the cancelation information, they provided to me when I booked.

Even when I contacted IHG directly they got not nowhere with hotel standing firm that no refund can be processed as the rate I booked is non-cancellable which is not the case as per confirmation mail, cancelation mail and even when I try to book, I get the wrong info online.

So, if you try to book the F&F Rate, please learn from my negative experience with this hotel.
I wouldn’t simply accept this.

Send them a copy of your email with the cancellation policy highlighted, and request that they either refund as per the t + c’s on the confirmation, or credit you for a future stay.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by sven60035
I booked a Friends and Family Rate for this property and the T&C in both e-mail and during booking it was outlined that the rate requires a first night deposit that is refundable if cancelled in accordance with the hotel's cancel policy which was no charge if canceled latest 48 hours before.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel but I did 5 days before the stay and the hotels comment for a refund was "In regard to the charges on your cancelled reservation, we do have it as one night chargeable which is non-refundable" and no further communication was received once I send them the cancelation information, they provided to me when I booked.

Even when I contacted IHG directly they got not nowhere with hotel standing firm that no refund can be processed as the rate I booked is non-cancellable which is not the case as per confirmation mail, cancelation mail and even when I try to book, I get the wrong info online.

So, if you try to book the F&F Rate, please learn from my negative experience with this hotel.
Can you claim a chargeback via your credit card? I have had two similar issues at a HIX and Crowne Plaza where IHG customer service , despite agreeing with me, could not get the hotel to see reason, they even told me to do the chargeback on one occasion.
Amex in both cases gave me the money back when I supplied all the booking confirmations. Hotels did not bother to contest as far as I know (this was over 18 months ago)
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:58 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by turner32
I wouldn’t simply accept this.

Send them a copy of your email with the cancellation policy highlighted, and request that they either refund as per the t + c’s on the confirmation, or credit you for a future stay.
Originally Posted by blueghostuk
Can you claim a chargeback via your credit card? I have had two similar issues at a HIX and Crowne Plaza where IHG customer service , despite agreeing with me, could not get the hotel to see reason, they even told me to do the chargeback on one occasion.
Amex in both cases gave me the money back when I supplied all the booking confirmations. Hotels did not bother to contest as far as I know (this was over 18 months ago)
Thank you, I did contact with all the info that turner32 suggested but they stopped responding.

And similar to blueghostuk IHG customer service agreed with me that I have done my part, but the hotel won't give in.

Now it's going to cost them even more because I stay often properties for the franchise owner at Heathrow, which is going to stop, I already canceled 2 upcoming stays there with the reason that their colleagues in the O2 are not providing the service that I expect from the Arora group.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: Air Miles
Good pre-arrival experience here - in response to the Guest Relations email a few days before I let them know it was my birthday and they said a dessert plate would be delivered on the day of arrival (which it was - piece of choccy cake - most appreciated).

Bit of a haphazard actual check-in yesterday though. I had booked the first night on points and the second on a Creation free night cert. Was asked if I didn't want to move rooms between the stays, and obviously said would prefer to remain in the same room (this is something I had clarified to Guest Relations and it had been assured my stays would be linked). However, I still have to go down to the Front Desk the next day before 12 to pick up new keys. Never had that before?!

I was then asked for a £200 deposit, which didn't register their end, so was asked again and used a different card. Lo and behold, the other one registered and so they have a £400 deposit for a two night reward stay at present...

No Diamond Ambassador welcome letter in the room or at reception, although one did turn up in an envelope at the same time as the cake.

Upgrade was a high floor of King Classic, so nothing to speak of, but no real worry with that.

Maybe I'm being picky, but it didn't feel smooth or professional. I put it down to new or poorly trained front desk staff.

Edit: much better experience when picking up new keys with the front desk operative at the Ambassador point.

Last edited by rtw05; Oct 14, 2023 at 4:52 am
Old Oct 14, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by rtw05
Good pre-arrival experience here - in response to the Guest Relations email a few days before I let them know it was my birthday and they said a dessert plate would be delivered on the day of arrival (which it was - piece of choccy cake - most appreciated).

Bit of a haphazard actual check-in yesterday though. I had booked the first night on points and the second on a Creation free night cert. Was asked if I didn't want to move rooms between the stays, and obviously said would prefer to remain in the same room (this is something I had clarified to Guest Relations and it had been assured my stays would be linked). However, I still have to go down to the Front Desk the next day before 12 to pick up new keys. Never had that before?!

I was then asked for a £200 deposit, which didn't register their end, so was asked again and used a different card. Lo and behold, the other one registered and so they have a £400 deposit for a two night reward stay at present...

No Diamond Ambassador welcome letter in the room or at reception, although one did turn up in an envelope with the cake.

Upgrade was a high floor of King Classic, so nothing to speak of, but no real worry with that.

Maybe I'm being picky, but it didn't feel smooth or professional. I put it down to new or poorly trained front desk staff.

Edit: much better experience when picking up new keys with the front desk operative at the Ambassador point.
Most of the "luxury" London hotels (from all the various hotel groups) operate in this sloppy way.
I've actually had more friendly service and a lot less mistakes at the budget and mid range hotels.
rtw05 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 2:57 am

Programs: Air Miles
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Most of the "luxury" London hotels (from all the various hotel groups) operate in this sloppy way.
I've actually had more friendly service and a lot less mistakes at the budget and mid range hotels.
Going down to breakfast seems to sum up the inconsistency quite nicely.

First day: welcome, I see you are a Diamond member. Thank you for your loyalty, etc. (Embarrassed smile on my part)

Second day: welcome, breakfast is not included in your room rate. Would you like me to charge it to your room?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Update to my attempt to get a refund of the deposit for a canceled Friend and Family rate

After contacting the GM, I was put in contact with the Front of the House manager and after a quick conversation and a forwarding of the original reservation mail confirming the cancelation policy, they have now issued a full refund for the deposit of the Friends and Family Rate.

She made clear that in their system the rate shows as "non-refundable for the deposit" and that this rate was never seen before which is why there was confusion.

Anyhow, nearly 2 months later I have my refund!
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I was nearby on Thursday. The hotel exterior is currently under construction and workers seem to be removing all the panels on the building. The same is happening to the Arora residential tower next door - just seems to be further ahead. Didn’t seem to be any issues inside the hotel at all.

HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by davidw70
I was nearby on Thursday. The hotel exterior is currently under construction and workers seem to be removing all the panels on the building. The same is happening to the Arora residential tower next door - just seems to be further ahead. Didn’t seem to be any issues inside the hotel at all.
That seems to be a photo of the back entrance.
I do know there has been permanent scaffolding at the fround floor front entrance for several years now....to create a blockage to the the high winds slamming and breaking the glass doors at the entrance.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by davidw70
... Didn’t seem to be any issues inside the hotel at all.
Well, they put frosted foil on the lower half of all the big windows in the Clipper Bar and the Market Brasserie. No more views to speak of from there for the time being.

It's nice to have first-world problems though.

I had almost given up on the IC O2 post-pandemic as I had a couple of pretty cr*ppy stays. However, they have really picked up their game once again.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by TeflonMan
Well, they put frosted foil on the lower half of all the big windows in the Clipper Bar and the Market Brasserie. No more views to speak of from there for the time being.

It's nice to have first-world problems though.

I had almost given up on the IC O2 post-pandemic as I had a couple of pretty cr*ppy stays. However, they have really picked up their game once again.
They really needed to, to be honest. But I agree it is significantly improved.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Today, 8:15 am

Stayed here in mid-February for a pre-wedding anniversary night away and a meal in the excellent Kinaara. Beforehand I'd purposely racked-up 10x £15 food and beverage vouchers to use specifically on this visit. Virtually all my travel is on business, so apart from this stay I have absolutely no use whatsoever for the vouchers...so you can see where this is going. On checking-in I said I would be using said vouchers for my meal in Kinaara, and I was told 'fine - redeem them on check-out' (per guidelines). As an aside the meal was superb - I honestly can't recommend it too highly. Anyway, on check-out (with the usual mile-long queue in Reception) the hotel was unable to download the vouchers. Nobody (including myself) had the faintest idea what the issue was. Two other staff members got involved but to no avail, and eventually due to the number of people waiting to check-out I agreed to pay the bill using my credit card then get it sorted via the IHG Customer Care line.

Two months and numerous discussions later I've been told the hotel say it doesn't accept the vouchers at all and they aren't accepted in Kinaara. So a slightly bizarre double-negative. I've looked online and can't find anything to back this up, so suspect its a couple of lies to shut me up. The "last-and-final" offer from the IHG Customer Care line was 25,000 points, so as far as I'm concerned I'm significantly out of pocket. Am I missing something?
Old Today, 9:57 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Eric7
Stayed here in mid-February for a pre-wedding anniversary night away and a meal in the excellent Kinaara. Beforehand I'd purposely racked-up 10x £15 food and beverage vouchers to use specifically on this visit. Virtually all my travel is on business, so apart from this stay I have absolutely no use whatsoever for the vouchers...so you can see where this is going. On checking-in I said I would be using said vouchers for my meal in Kinaara, and I was told 'fine - redeem them on check-out' (per guidelines). As an aside the meal was superb - I honestly can't recommend it too highly. Anyway, on check-out (with the usual mile-long queue in Reception) the hotel was unable to download the vouchers. Nobody (including myself) had the faintest idea what the issue was. Two other staff members got involved but to no avail, and eventually due to the number of people waiting to check-out I agreed to pay the bill using my credit card then get it sorted via the IHG Customer Care line.

Two months and numerous discussions later I've been told the hotel say it doesn't accept the vouchers at all and they aren't accepted in Kinaara. So a slightly bizarre double-negative. I've looked online and can't find anything to back this up, so suspect its a couple of lies to shut me up. The "last-and-final" offer from the IHG Customer Care line was 25,000 points, so as far as I'm concerned I'm significantly out of pocket. Am I missing something?
I used vouchers in Febuary although it was via the IHG app before checking out for spend on mini bar and in the clipper bar.
Old Today, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eric7

Two months and numerous discussions later I've been told the hotel say it doesn't accept the vouchers at all and they aren't accepted in Kinaara. So a slightly bizarre double-negative. I've looked online and can't find anything to back this up, so suspect ita couple of lies to shut me up. The "last-and-final" offer from the IHG Customer Care line was 25,000 points, so as far as I'm concerned I'm significantly out of pocket. Am I missing something?
Irritating as it is at many hotels across IHG and other groups this is another resto that is clearly marked at check in and for AMB benefits on the letter at checkin Kinaara is very clearly as not included for any privileges.

Bizarrely not even a guest discount.

I’d take your win - 25k points is about $125. And you say your were down £150 that could likely be used more beneficially at other IHG properties
Worldwide !

I concur it appears to be a bit of stupid liaison between the lessee and this property. I stay about 4 times per year and despite the resto being good - albeit a tad over priced - it only gets used by us when we have a tight schedule for a concert at The O2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.