Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 12:25 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Paper and electronic different dates

We have received both paper and electronic AMB free weekend nights certs. Mine -- paper expires 1/31/2020; electronic expires 12/31/2019. My husband's -- paper expires 9/30/2019; electronic expires 10/1/2019. So, do we now have four AMB free nights or 2 or 3? If supposedly only 2, I have a problem with my electronic cert expiring one month earlier than the paper one. Regardless, I don't see how a hotel can refuse the paper one after you use the electronic one. I would say they screwed this up (what a surprise).
Old May 8, 2019, 3:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
We have received both paper and electronic AMB free weekend nights certs. Mine -- paper expires 1/31/2020; electronic expires 12/31/2019. My husband's -- paper expires 9/30/2019; electronic expires 10/1/2019. So, do we now have four AMB free nights or 2 or 3? If supposedly only 2, I have a problem with my electronic cert expiring one month earlier than the paper one. Regardless, I don't see how a hotel can refuse the paper one after you use the electronic one. I would say they screwed this up (what a surprise).
Same here, I have a paper one from last year that expires "9/2019", which has always been indicated to me means the end of the month shown. Today I noticed an electronic one has been deposited in account that says "Redeem before September 1, 2019"
Old May 9, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
After extending AMB some days ago, I now see 2 BOGO vouchers in my account - one expiring Aug 1, 2019, the second one expiring Aug 1, 2020. But the first one (expiring Aug 1, 2019) should not show, as I redeemed it as a paper voucher already (although for a stay on the last weekend of July 2018, i.e. before my new membership year even started). Not sure if I should take advantage of the mistake by IHG and try to redeem both ...
I guess if worse comes to worse, I will be charged for the 'free' night.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by dw
Same here, I have a paper one from last year that expires "9/2019", which has always been indicated to me means the end of the month shown. Today I noticed an electronic one has been deposited in account that says "Redeem before September 1, 2019"
Yep,

I just notice an electronic one that expires Feb 2020
I also have the paper cert from my welcome package.

Last edited by rebadc; May 9, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 1:31 pm

Availability for Free Weekend Night

I have a free weekend night voucher that must be used by Sept. 1. Over the last few weeks, I've checked availability for multiple properties, and every one I checked showed zero availability for any weekend through Feb. 2020. I suspected it was a glitch in the system (I noted someone else in this thread posted that they hadn't seen any availability either). Just this morning, I tried again for a stay in Geneva later this month, and there was availability, with more availability shown for upcoming months. It was one of the properties that previously showed no availability at all for the next year. So I think there was something wrong in the system that's now been fixed. I checked a couple of other properties and saw some availability as well for the free weekend night. So if you've tried to redeem that voucher and haven't found availability, you might check again!
Old May 11, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by rstrodes
I have a free weekend night voucher that must be used by Sept. 1. Over the last few weeks, I've checked availability for multiple properties, and every one I checked showed zero availability for any weekend through Feb. 2020. I suspected it was a glitch in the system (I noted someone else in this thread posted that they hadn't seen any availability either). Just this morning, I tried again for a stay in Geneva later this month, and there was availability, with more availability shown for upcoming months. It was one of the properties that previously showed no availability at all for the next year. So I think there was something wrong in the system that's now been fixed. I checked a couple of other properties and saw some availability as well for the free weekend night. So if you've tried to redeem that voucher and haven't found availability, you might check again!
In my experience, a common bug of the reservation system is that it only shows available if you start your BOGO stay on a Friday. I tried to make a 4-night reservation starting Wednesday: no availability, 4-night reservation starting Friday: BOGO rate available. Last year I had to make 2 reservations: 2 nights (flexible rate) starting Wednesday + independent BOGO reservation starting Friday.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
LOL

Where to check for an electronic one? Should it show up somewhere, provided Amb membership is active and paper cert hasn't been used this year?
Old May 15, 2019, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
LOL

Where to check for an electronic one? Should it show up somewhere, provided Amb membership is active and paper cert hasn't been used this year?
For me it’s showing on the main account screen when I’m logged in.
EDIflyer and barracuda93 like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I can only see the e-cert when I log in via web browser on a laptop / desktop. Can't find it in the mobile app (Android) or mobile website.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by chrism20
For me it’s showing on the main account screen when I’m logged in.
Oh. Indeed, I have it there too.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:52 am

Hmmm I have it too.

How do you use the digital certificate I.e. how is it taken out of your account or applied?
Old May 26, 2019, 7:40 pm

Can I bump this question? Does anyone know the process by which to redeem these certs that are electronically linked to your account?
Old May 26, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I haven't tried it myself yet, but a colleague reported that he booked a stay under AMB Cert rate and during / after his stay the eVoucher was auto deducted from his account. Not sure on the IC in question. YMMV.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:20 am

Thank you for the insight. It is quite odd that they did not outline how this works on their website. The process has always been cumbersome having to go via a special link and carrying around the certificate; I was hoping it would have been deducted during the booking process automatically ...
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
My online AMB weekend cert says it expires June 1, 2019. My paper cert says it expires 07/2019. Have a weekend stay booked at IHC Chicago June 7-9.
Will take the paper cert hoping to avoid problems. Anyone else encounter this discrepancy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.