Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
thanks for the info Kathinjax.....
KathinJax likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I have an electronic cert and just checked in at IC LA DWTN. Was not asked a paper cert. I assume this time an electronic cert will be redeemed. I will use a paper one later.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by scienm
I have an electronic cert and just checked in at IC LA DWTN. Was not asked a paper cert. I assume this time an electronic cert will be redeemed. I will use a paper one later.
Have you already booked another BOGO on the Ambassador website? Or will it let you book another one once the electronic cert is gone from your online account?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Steph58
Have you already booked another BOGO on the Ambassador website? Or will it let you book another one once the electronic cert is gone from your online account?
You can make reservations as many as you want. You just need certificates to fulfill.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:58 am

So does availability at Palazzo/Venetian tend to open up close-in? Looking at a few weeks from now--rates are low and base level rooms are available, but the ambassador rate is not.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:06 am

From the T's and C's:

37. The following benefits are not applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:

a. Complimentary weekend night

b. Royal Ambassador Free Night

c. Royal Ambassador Club InterContinental lounge access

d. Royal Ambassador breakfast for two when staying at The Venetian & The Palazzo Resort

38. The benefits Guarantee is not applicable at InterContinental Alliance Resorts
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: United Premier Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I read from March on so apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm pretty sure I used my paper certificate late last year. Not positive but 80% sure.

I see I have an electronic certificate in my account expiring 10/1/19. I'd go ahead and try to use but of course you have to book a higher rate (i.e. not AAA rate) to book so should I be worried that on check-out hotel will tell me I already used my 2018/2019 weekend certificate. If so I'd end up paying a higher rate than otherwise necessary for a two day stay.

Also, as a side note, should mention I renewed my Ambassador account recently and I do see a 2nd electronic certificate in the account now, expiring 10/1/2020. And I paid the $200 and noticed that I got 15,000 points upon renewal. Just mentioning this because I didn't notice it mentioned in the renewal options - it just said pay $200 and get the 10% points rebate. (In the past it was always clear you got points with a cash renewal)
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:26 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Last years paper cert had June 2019 expiry (dont remember why, maybe because they had to send a new amb package). Im RA and got the electronic voucher earlier this year expiry end of 2019..

I booked a BOGO stay in downtown LA using the the old booking link sometime during spring. Presented the voucher at checkin. Yet the e-voucher is also deducted.

Anyone in same boat?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by skaya
Last years paper cert had June 2019 expiry (dont remember why, maybe because they had to send a new amb package). Im RA and got the electronic voucher earlier this year expiry end of 2019..

I booked a BOGO stay in downtown LA using the the old booking link sometime during spring. Presented the voucher at checkin. Yet the e-voucher is also deducted.

Anyone in same boat?
How long does it to take to be deducted the electronic cert after checking out?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by scienm

How long does it to take to be deducted the electronic cert after checking out?
I just noticed by accident a few weeks later.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: Some
Are certain IC hotels now excluded from this benefit altogether or is this just another IT issue? I can't find any dates where the certificate will be accepted at IC Hong Kong, IC GS, IC ANA Tokyo or IC The Strings, for example.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Are certain IC hotels now excluded from this benefit altogether or is this just another IT issue? I can't find any dates where the certificate will be accepted at IC Hong Kong, IC GS, IC ANA Tokyo or IC The Strings, for example.
IC Hong Kong, random date of 10th Jan - 12th Jan, and 5 room types show availability with the free night cert..
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chistery
IC Hong Kong, random date of 10th Jan - 12th Jan, and 5 room types show availability with the free night cert..
Hmm, now I'm trying it at home it's fine - either was down earlier or there's an issue with accessing it from my work laptop.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I recently stayed at the IC Chicago Magnificent Mile. The points just posted and it only credited me points for the first night of my stay. My understanding was that although the second night is free with the certificate, I would still receive points for that night.

Is that correct or did I simply misunderstand?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by rdh0924
I recently stayed at the IC Chicago Magnificent Mile. The points just posted and it only credited me points for the first night of my stay. My understanding was that although the second night is free with the certificate, I would still receive points for that night.

Is that correct or did I simply misunderstand?
The points awarded will be based on total amount spent, which will be the room rate for the first night, since you paid nothing for the second night. In terms of number of night stays, some hotels will post as 2-night qualifying night stay while some may just post 1-night qualifying stay. Hope this clarifies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.