Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Noob question - is the BOGO AMB certificate expiration date a stay-by or book-by date? For example, if the cert expires July 2019, but I book using the Ambassador rate for September 2019, will it be honored?
Follow up noob question: expiration date of June/2019 means by the end of June 2019, correct? No specific date is listed, so that's what i'm assuming.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:02 pm

What's the best room level to book given the upgrade? Just below a suite?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by olouie
For properties with resort fees / destination charges, does the cert remove one night worth of those fees?
I am replying to this post from last year, because I had the same question and did not find a recent answer:

I stayed at the IC NY Times Square on a BOGO in March 2019, and I was charged the $30 (plus tax) "destination fee" on both the paid and the "free" night.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG
For those that are interested, you can book your weekend before they send you the email voucher:

"We would like to inform that the electronic copy of the weekend night certificate is expected to be deposited to all accounts by 15 March 2019. You may now go ahead and book your Ambassador weekend rate as usual without the need to present a physical voucher on your arrival. The hotel will be able to verify on the system whether you have a valid complimentary weekend voucher or not."
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by turner32
Has anyone received their weekend cert yet? They said it would be emailed. What's the delay?
I received mine yesterday after having renewed in January.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mikew99
I am replying to this post from last year, because I had the same question and did not find a recent answer:

I stayed at the IC NY Times Square on a BOGO in March 2019, and I was charged the $30 (plus tax) "destination fee" on both the paid and the "free" night.
I have an Amb BOGO weekend stay coming up next month, followed by 1 paid & 3 award nights. Do you know if the daily f&b credit has to be used on the day it's charged, or can you combine multiple f&b credits with the 20usd Amb welcome credit for dinner at the end of the stay? I rarely have breakfast and don't drink alcohol, so the daily f&b credit would be more of a burden if it has to be used on separate days.

Any recent experiences from anyone whom had to pay the destination fee on reward nights?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Do you know if the daily f&b credit has to be used on the day it's charged, or can you combine multiple f&b credits with the 20usd Amb welcome credit for dinner at the end of the stay?
As I reported in the Ambassador Experiences 2019 thread, I was informed at check-in that the $20 F&B credit from the daily "destination fee" must be used by midnight each day, which means that it can't (officially) be used toward breakfast on the last day, even if you were so inclined! The $20 Ambassador welcome credit can be used any day and stacks with the daily $20 F&B credit.
tentseller and Stealthmode like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
I'm a little confused. My husbands ambassador membership ends in June 2019. He has a paper BOGO cert as per the normal membership package that used to get sent out with an expiry on that for June 2019 (as you would expect). Now he has received the email voucher, but how long is this valid for. I dont think it said anything about when that expired. Or is this a replacement voucher for the paper one....
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I have not received my email voucher. I renewed in January and have the paper certificate. Has anyone else not received the voucher?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I renewed in Nov 2018 and got the paper voucher with no supposed replacement e-voucher in sight so far.
KathinJax likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I got the paper voucher as part of my RA kit that landed last week
KathinJax likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
One of the frustrating things about the BOGOF certificate; I have two nights at the IC O2 London, £315, not great use I know but using it before it expires. Now I can book those two nights for £320 without using the certificate.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by strickers
One of the frustrating things about the BOGOF certificate; I have two nights at the IC O2 London, £315, not great use I know but using it before it expires. Now I can book those two nights for £320 without using the certificate.
Then simply do so.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

Then simply do so.
Already done, but now I have to find somewhere to use the certificate before the end of November. I just wish they'd do something with the rate when there is a sale.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by strickers
Already done, but now I have to find somewhere to use the certificate before the end of November. I just wish they'd do something with the rate when there is a sale.
Not going to happen, all the various ihg room reate sales always end up as needing a)prepay at time of booking b)non cancelable c)ADR reservations.

Whereas bogo freenight weekend is booked as BestFlex rates.

For me, i sometimes note that 2nights on my corp flex rate, is virtually same total as booking a 2night bogo, so I don't bother, and also applies to IC's with low weekend rates compared to high midweek (business stayer pricecs) rates, when just book adr if no great corp fixed rate per night and just the gold 15% off flex corp deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.