Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Geoggy
coming upto a full month since my first statement and they still haven't posted any points to my Priority Club account - which is annoying as I want to book a reward night.

Will leave it another week before I write to the address earlier in the thread.
I am in the same position -rang them and they credited it to a new account, which PC say does not exist... Took four phone calls but someone is now sorting out for me - or so they say. I due a call back on Monday so will update then!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Got an email from them about levels associated with the card. If you have the Black card, you have Platinum as long as you hold it for. I'd like free RA for as long as I hold the card, along with a free Aston Martin and unlimited drinks at any hotel... But I guess I'll settle for the small enhancement. :P

Though I'll probably cancel before the renewal fee comes up anyway... (apologies if this has been posted already)

Dear MagicWok,

Priority Club Rewards are delighted to offer you guaranteed Gold Elite status for as long as you hold a Priority Club Rewards Visa Card. Not only will you earn points every time you spend on your card but you can enjoy all the privileges of Elite status every time you check into an IHG hotel.

If you hold or upgrade to the Priority Club Rewards Black Visa we'll increase your status to Platinum.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Just got the same email also about guaranteed gold / platinum status
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by MagicWok
Got an email from them about levels associated with the card. If you have the Black card, you have Platinum as long as you hold it for. I'd like free RA for as long as I hold the card, along with a free Aston Martin and unlimited drinks at any hotel... But I guess I'll settle for the small enhancement. :P

Though I'll probably cancel before the renewal fee comes up anyway... (apologies if this has been posted already)
I got that same email as well. I can't get you Free Aston Martin,but if you stay in one of the better rooms in IC Park Lane, you do have access to the hotel's Aston Martin (or at least that used to be the case)
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
I got the same email today.

I've got Platinum at the moment and have the Black card, but as someone posted above, not sure if I will keep the card after the first year, because Barclaycard are an absolute shambles.

Having said that, as a result of their shambles, I have received £80 in compensatory credit to my card and they have accidentally given me the 40,000 PC Points twice....
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jamjaw
I am in the same position -rang them and they credited it to a new account, which PC say does not exist... Took four phone calls but someone is now sorting out for me - or so they say. I due a call back on Monday so will update then!
I just called the. Despite the 40k of points being on my first statement of 9th September, Barclaycard havent even sent them to PC yet and I am told it will be another 4-6 weeks.

Complaint letter going off on Monday.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:59 pm

Received my 40,000 points without problems when I signed up some 6 months ago. Still haven't been refunded the £99 annual fee though. Have called several times and been told this will come "with the next statement". I wrote a letter to complain a few weeks back and still haven't heard back.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My wifes £99 fee refund was credited on the 2nd statement ok.

40k showed up this week on 3rd statement, which was the first with any spend on.

Let's see how long the transfer takes ...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Got the refund after a few days of the charge (same statement) and the 40k after about a month. I guess I was either lucky or joined in so late that they fixed the system somewhat!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:03 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, BA/Iberia Avios, AAdvantage
Question Visa Free Night Certificate when completing the £10k spend

Completed the £10k spend a few weeks back and have been informed by Visa that the certificate will be sent within 6 to 8 weeks.

Has anyone had their certificate yet and can it be used midweek? Unlike the Ambassador certificate which can only be used Fri, Sat, Sun.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TsarTsar
Completed the £10k spend a few weeks back and have been informed by Visa that the certificate will be sent within 6 to 8 weeks.

Has anyone had their certificate yet and can it be used midweek? Unlike the Ambassador certificate which can only be used Fri, Sat, Sun.

Thanks in advance.
It is my understanding that it operates like a free rewards night so you should be able to use it at any hotel any night that has rewards availability.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Oh no, I will finish my 10k spend perhaps today (only £50 to go) and have 10 days booked at Staybridge Suites in Jan/Feb. Some of those nights are reward nights and I was hoping to be able to use my free night for one of the remaining nights we are paying for.

Do you have to wait 6/8 weeks for a certificate then? That is real pants if you do
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by c2lass
Do you have to wait 6/8 weeks for a certificate then? That is real pants if you do
It comes by email, but my experience was that it actually took more than that length of time and I had to chase them for it. Why? Who knows?!!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Now is this just me or does the UK PC Visa website not work past a certain time? More often than not I use it in the morning, however I have just tried to log in and get a message saying

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred and we can't continue servicing your account online at this time.
Please contact Priority Club® Rewards Visa® Customer Services on 0844 251 0304 for further assistance. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 5pm on Sundays. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges will apply, please check with your service provider.

Now this is not the first time I have seen this message when I have tried to log in during the evening?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:27 am

I regularly fail to gain access - either getting the message you mention or the website itself failing to respond. The website for me regularly is a pain to use but I've kept going to get the free night voucher - when I'll see it, well it could be anyones guess!

For a number of us who got the invite then it is getting close to 12 months on the card, so decision time. Well for me £100 up front for the card, even with a 'free night' and platinum status isn't likely to be 'worth it' for me, due to the likely lack of stays this year & the continued lack of platinum actually bringing any benefits when I do stay.

Having spoken to customer services then it is an easy downgrade, or I may try out another cashback card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.