Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by igc324
I have done just that today - let's see what he reply is!

I applied last week for a non-fee Creation card which should be with me this week and I understand that if I spend £200 on it I will receive 20k points.

Today, I have applied to the £99 annual fee card which gives 40k points, but that hasn't been so straightforward. Although I was accepted, Creation are "reviewing" my application and will let me know in 7-10 days.

I held both cards simultaneously with Barclaycard without any problem.
I see from my recent activity today on my IHG online account, there is an entry dated 19 March saying "upgrade Platinum IHG credit card" but I have had no email yet confirming that I have been awarded the Platinum Creation Mastercard. This looks like good news and I can hardly quibble that the respective rewards are "only" 10k points for the free Mastercard and 20k points for the Platinum, given the size of my compensation from Barclaycard.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by igc324
I see from my recent activity today on my IHG online account, there is an entry dated 19 March saying "upgrade Platinum IHG credit card" but I have had no email yet confirming that I have been awarded the Platinum Creation Mastercard. This looks like good news and I can hardly quibble that the respective rewards are "only" 10k points for the free Mastercard and 20k points for the Platinum, given the size of my compensation from Barclaycard.
When I applied for the creation card the upgrade line showed first followed by a text a couple of days later saying the card was on the way.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
When I applied for the creation card the upgrade line showed first followed by a text a couple of days later saying the card was on the way.
Seem to remember a similar pattern of events
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Ah thank you!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ditto - I was impressed by efficiency of the system! I can similarly see the Gold upgrade line on my IHG a/c, but thankfully for once IHG IT has been programmed correctly and it hasn't overwritten my Platinum status!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I received Barclays letter a couple of weeks ago and last week an email from IHG offering me a 40k bonus for the new Creation card. I clicked in the link and completed an online process that took about 5 mins - card approved and have now seen an entry on my account "IHG Pltnm upgrade". Like Ediflyer I was pleased to see that IHG had got the IT right and the Plat status with the card didn't downgrade my Spire status!

Overall I've been very happy with Barclays, there have been minor point discrepancies both ways but only 2 big shortfalls which Barclays dealt with effectively. I've recently redeemed the 2 Certs received for a trip to LA at the $300-60k-a-night IC Century City which of course has been made possible by Barclays awarding the certificate when earned rather than at year end, so I will miss that functionality - but another 40,000 IHG signup points does rather relieve the pain!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Got a letter from Barclaycard today saying they are looking into my complaint, not sure why I didn't get an email response like some. Said they would aim to resolve by 2 May!!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:01 pm

The only letter I've had was the final response which clearly wasn't that final as the cash has increased twice since then and I've had no less than eight missed calls from them today alone.

Incidentally does anyone here haloed to have a copy of the terms and conditions for the Barclays IHG card? Specifically with regard to the amount of notice they have to give you for closure/change?

I've asked for a copy and they seem to be dragging their heels for some reason.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
The only letter I've had was the final response which clearly wasn't that final as the cash has increased twice since then and I've had no less than eight missed calls from them today alone.

Incidentally does anyone here haloed to have a copy of the terms and conditions for the Barclays IHG card? Specifically with regard to the amount of notice they
have to give you for closure/change?

I've asked for a copy and they seem to be dragging their heels for some reason.
I don't have a copy of the conditions, but after much searching I found one online last week and it is 30 days notice....i thought it might have been more
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Saral
I don't have a copy of the conditions, but after much searching I found one online last week and it is 30 days notice....i thought it might have been more
Thanks, it does seem very short for a material change to the account.

I'll see what they have to say today.

Last edited by chrism20; Mar 22, 2017 at 2:44 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
I am currently on the standard creation IHG card (white), and spent the required £200 in December. Still no sign of the 10k bonus. I contacted Creation by secure messaging a few weeks ago, but still nothing. Anything else I can do?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Just keep waiting! Gotta say, my experience of their support is pretty grim. I always get the outcome needed but it's so slow. Even payments to my account take ages. The barclaycard hit the account within an hour of making a faster payment, and instantly if using a debit card. The Creation system takes two days, pretty rubbish in this day and age really.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Made an online complaint to Barclay's citing the £99 fee and the loss of the free night cert (which I valued at $450 based upon IC Danang).
Received a telephone call within 2 days offering me £25 per £1k spent thus far, to be credited now and a pro rata refund of the £99 separately at a later date.
Will update here & chase Barclay's if anything there goes wrong.

Have now received an email offering 40k or 20k for a new Creation card. Intend to apply for the Premium card.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:40 pm

Asked Barclays to change me over from IHG card to Hilton card.I said I didn't want a platinum Barclaycard.They outright refused,and when I said I would cancel in that case,they could not have cared less.

So cancellation it is next month.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by rapidex
Asked Barclays to change me over from IHG card to Hilton card.I said I didn't want a platinum Barclaycard.They outright refused,and when I said I would cancel in that case,they could not have cared less.

So cancellation it is next month.
I had the exact same thing! And when I quoted that the balance did not need to be paid off if you closed the account they denied that too despite it being on the letter I received.

I will be cancelling!

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.