Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by lsed
Managed to get a BRG at the SFO Mark Hopkins but the hotel is trying to dispute the claim. Been about a week since it was validated by the BRG team.

anyone have any experience with this hotel on BRG?
I don't know anything about this one but I was in another hotel in SFO that the GM was very about BRG - basically he was trying everything he can to find out if we violate the T&C and denied to give us the 2 rooms we got BRG approved for (I was filing 1 room for myself and 1 room for mr. Nacho). We could live with that and he was so relief when we told him that we could squeeze everyone into the room - and of course we are 100% legit - no consecutive nights

Also if they don't pay, let IHG reimburse you afterwards - no harm in getting cash back + points. I still haven't got my $ from IHG yet - I think it's going to take a while.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by davem4
Anyone have any experience talking to the BRG desk before booking and getting a yes or no?
the very first thing they ask you is your booking reference number.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Anyone have any experience talking to the BRG desk before booking and getting a yes or no?
LOL, sorry don't think it works that way, its a price g'tee, not a call up to see if you can get a free night.

Others have booked the flexible rate and then while on the phone told that if they change it to the advance purchase rate it will qualify.

For me, I only book a room if I need it anyway, and that way if the BRG fails it is not an issue as the room would be used anyway.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lsed
Managed to get a BRG at the SFO Mark Hopkins but the hotel is trying to dispute the claim. Been about a week since it was validated by the BRG team.

anyone have any experience with this hotel on BRG?
I claimed a BRG a couple of days ago for IC Mark Hopkins and got a quick reply from BRG-Desk:

We have verified the lower rate you found on xxx. We have contacted the hotel and requested that your reservation be amended to a FREE night stay. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed.
Still waiting for the confirmation of the free night. After reading the experiences with IC in SFO, I am a concerned if I get a confirmation from the hotel at all. My rate for the suite is very expensive....

Last edited by Swarley; Nov 29, 2012 at 11:21 am
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Swarley
Still waiting for the confirmation of the free night. After reading the experiences with IC in SFO, I am a concerned if I get a confirmation from the hotel at all. My rate for the suite is very expensive....
Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes weeks, so no need to worry.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:01 pm

After claiming successfully IC Los Angeles, I looked up my updated reservation at mobile.ihg.com and saw a new rate type:

BPG VIOLTION
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE VIOLATION

Has anyone this rate type before? What does this mean? I only know the rate type HOUSE USE COMP for successful claims.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by 31570324
Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes weeks, so no need to worry.
Meanwhile, I got a confirmation of the free night.

Last edited by Swarley; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
After claiming successfully IC Los Angeles, I looked up my updated reservation at mobile.ihg.com and saw a new rate type:

Has anyone this rate type before? What does this mean? I only know the rate type HOUSE USE COMP for successful claims.
Have you done anything that could possibly violates the T&C? E.g. claiming 2 consecutive nights? Or you already had an award night and you got the same free night again?

I have never had anything like this on my remarks - I only had the remark on the actual hotel form due to the very horrible GM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Have you done anything that could possibly violates the T&C? E.g. claiming 2 consecutive nights? Or you already had an award night and you got the same free night again?

I have never had anything like this on my remarks - I only had the remark on the actual hotel form due to the very horrible GM.
None of your listed examples. But I have filed a claim successfully at IC Mark Hopkins four days earlier. In my opinion, this does not violate any T&C.

It is very confusing. Maybe I will write an email and ask about the strange rate type.

By the way, what horrible GM? What happened?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:20 pm

None of your listed examples. But I have filed a claim successfully at IC Mark Hopkins four days earlier. In my opinion, this does not violate any T&C.
Don't they limit you to one BRG in a certain time period? Wouldn't having a successful one just four days earlier negate the second claim?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:56 pm

Quote:
BPG VIOLTION
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE VIOLATION

I believe the text shown is referring to the hotel violating the Best Price Guarantee not you the guest violating the conditions of the program
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 31570324
That not right.

"Please note that on our website payments can be done in the currency you choose :USD , EUR , SEK and others. Please note that payments with Visa and Master Card can be made in each currency you choose. Only if you choose to make a payment with American Express the payment will be done in EUR."

It gets murky if they use Direct Currency Conversion, which simply converts the EUR charge to another currency (at a very bad rate!) immediately before processing. AMEX doesn't support DCC, so there's a clue.....

DCC is quite different to multi-currency pricing.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Sure, and some of the agents can be quite helpful. But they can't give you the definitive yes or no you want: the agent you speak to at this stage is unlikely to be the one handling the eventual claim.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It gets murky if they use Direct Currency Conversion, which simply converts the EUR charge to another currency (at a very bad rate!) immediately before processing. AMEX doesn't support DCC, so there's a clue.....
Could be possible, but as long as they just show the foreign currency during the whole booking process it should be good for a claim.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:00 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by hard2please
Don't they limit you to one BRG in a certain time period? Wouldn't having a successful one just four days earlier negate the second claim?
You can have as many claims as you wish, as long as there is at least one night inbetween them OR the hotels are 50miles apart from each other for consecutive nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.