Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by IC Expert
Why is this property not avaialble to book on the priorityclub or intercontinental website?
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...gas-thepalazzo

This can be arrived at from either the Intercontinental site or the IHG general website.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:31 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-gb; HTC Wildfire 2.24.161.2 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by ag51
I've just got a room on January 1st under the Best Rate Guarantee (pc.com price was $40 more than their own website) - I wonder if the resort fee still applies?
To answer my own question, they comp'd the whole stay, including resort fee, and gave all usual RA benefits (including great upgrade to Fortuna suite on 48th floor)

Edited to add: this stay posted as non-qualifying (fair enough) but a separate paid stay at the Palazzo later in the week has now posted with the RA 1,000 point bonus and as a qualifying night for the Ambassador Accelerator, which it didn't in June. All good!

Last edited by ag51; Jan 9, 2012 at 4:28 am
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by IC Expert
Why is this property not avaialble to book on the priorityclub or intercontinental website?
I was having the same issues on that day, but tried on the 5th and worked like a charm.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:53 pm

The latest email I got from V/P offers up to 40% off. The base rate for the nights I want in March is $113. I am a PC Plat and this may mean an even slimmer chance of scoring anything, but the rate is too good to pass up. If anyone has any experience booking at the V/P website and getting anything as a PC Plat, please post.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA/CO, IC RA
Originally Posted by pointsforthepeople
The latest email I got from V/P offers up to 40% off. The base rate for the nights I want in March is $113. I am a PC Plat and this may mean an even slimmer chance of scoring anything, but the rate is too good to pass up. If anyone has any experience booking at the V/P website and getting anything as a PC Plat, please post.
I don't know if this helps, but I recently reserved through the V/P website, and then called the hotel to discuss my reservation. Due to my need for club lounge access, an agent moved my reservation from the Venetian (the original booking) to the Prestige level at the Palazzo (with access to the Prestige lounge). During the conversation, I asked about my PC points, and was guaranteed they would apply to the reservation. When I arrived at the hotel, my RA welcome letter included a line indicating I would receive the normal 4000 points. They were credited automatically about four days after checkout.

I don't know if this was due to assistance by the Prestige Concierge, or if it would have happened anyway, so my experience might not be typical. But the original reservation was made on the V/P site.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by p787656
I don't know if this helps, but I recently reserved through the V/P website, and then called the hotel to discuss my reservation. Due to my need for club lounge access, an agent moved my reservation from the Venetian (the original booking) to the Prestige level at the Palazzo (with access to the Prestige lounge). During the conversation, I asked about my PC points, and was guaranteed they would apply to the reservation. When I arrived at the hotel, my RA welcome letter included a line indicating I would receive the normal 4000 points. They were credited automatically about four days after checkout.

I don't know if this was due to assistance by the Prestige Concierge, or if it would have happened anyway, so my experience might not be typical. But the original reservation was made on the V/P site.
Thanks for that. I will contact the hotel and see what they say. I doubt if PC Plat pulls as much weight as RA, but we shall see what they say.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: KLM and AA
I am staying at the Palazzo right now for 4 nights.

Checked in on Sunday. I just went to the priority desk since I am platinum. No one at the desk acknowledged this but they checked me into the same room I reserved.

I asked if my PC number was on the reservation and they confirmed that and gave me a coupon for one free cup of coffee and a buy one get one free well drink or beer.
I can also have a 2:00 check out. Oh yes – I will get points for the stay.
I had to pull this information out of her and she had to go into a back room and return with a paper before she could answer my question.

The room/suite is nice but I don’t see any real perks for PB members. I’m welcomed better at an Express.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Problems booking Palazzo/Venetian rooms on ihg.com?

For the past couple of days, when I try to book a reservation through the IHG website, I get the following error:

"We are sorry, our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again or contact your nearest reservation office for assistance"

Is anyone else seeing this problem? You can go all the way to the list of room types and lowest pricing, but when you click on the room the error pops up.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:02 am

the website was doing all sorts of wierd things for me, I gave up eventually though as I found a better deal elsewhere.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:35 am

A couple of weeks ago, when I was trying to book award nights, the PC site would come and go. I was successful on my third attempt over a couple of days.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 5:04 pm

Do Ambassador / RA Benefits only apply if the room at the Palazzo / Venetian were booked through the IHG website? Or do you get them always, no matter where booked?

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Do Ambassador / RA Benefits only apply if the room at the Palazzo / Venetian were booked through the IHG website? Or do you get them always, no matter where booked?

Thanks!
You receive RA benefits as long as the room is not booked by points or through F&F rate. You also need to make sure that your priority club number is attached to the reservation. Just call in to Venetian/Palazzo reservation desk to have them add your PC number (and your Grazie number if you have one).
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:28 am

Experience as a PC Plat

I am PC Plat thanks to the PC Visa...

I stayed five nights at The Palazzo in March. Two nights were on points, three paid. I called the hotel to combine the reservations so we could stay in the same room all five nights. The three paid nights were booked through a Grazie email promo.

I went to the Priority Club Elite check in desk. She first asked if I wanted to pay for Prestige access or upgrade my suite. I listened to the details but declined. I then asked about an upgrade due to PC Platinum status. "What I can do with that is upgrade you to a Luxury Suite with a View." Fine, about what I expected.

The view was ok. I'm not sure The Palazzo has any really tremendous views of The Strip. We could see Treasure Island, the Trump tower, the Fashion Mall, the main pool below...not bad. It was certainly better than a view of the back of the property.

So, I think that is what you can expect as a PC Plat at The Palazzo.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:42 am

Wink

Originally Posted by pointsforthepeople
I am PC Plat thanks to the PC Visa...

I stayed five nights at The Palazzo in March. Two nights were on points, three paid. I called the hotel to combine the reservations so we could stay in the same room all five nights. The three paid nights were booked through a Grazie email promo.

I went to the Priority Club Elite check in desk. She first asked if I wanted to pay for Prestige access or upgrade my suite. I listened to the details but declined. I then asked about an upgrade due to PC Platinum status. "What I can do with that is upgrade you to a Luxury Suite with a View." Fine, about what I expected.

The view was ok. I'm not sure The Palazzo has any really tremendous views of The Strip. We could see Treasure Island, the Trump tower, the Fashion Mall, the main pool below...not bad. It was certainly better than a view of the back of the property.

So, I think that is what you can expect as a PC Plat at The Palazzo.
Can I ask where your paid nights at Prestige level and where you asked if you wanted to upgrade the reward stays. If not was the offer to upgrade all your nights to prestige and how much where they asking. No problem if you don't want to give details but I am doing similar in June and just wanted to judge what they offer and for what cost.
Knobby
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by knobby
Can I ask where your paid nights at Prestige level and where you asked if you wanted to upgrade the reward stays. If not was the offer to upgrade all your nights to prestige and how much where they asking. No problem if you don't want to give details but I am doing similar in June and just wanted to judge what they offer and for what cost.
Knobby
The paid nights were not Prestige Level. If both my memory and understanding of the checkin agent's offer are correct, I could have upgraded both the paid and award nights to Prestige for $100/night. With that charge, the resort fee is included (or waived-same result either way), so the effective price of upgrading to Prestige would be $80/night. This included breakfast and a cocktails + hors d'oeuvres time daily (3-5 pm?). If there are other benefits, I can't remember them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.