Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by aerosmith
I am also one of the victims, and I can't help but to think the service centre staff are instructed to suger-coat their words.
One of the victims or one of the criminals?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by bumburuck
My assumption is that they will hold accounts locked until the quiz loophole is closed...
until the points have been removed, the quiz was locked quite a while ago
Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
One of the victims or one of the criminals?
I can picture PCR revelling in the collection of FT Bandits they just caught in this sweep....or.....just trying to fix an embarassing mess.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by brandinius2
"You wanna f*ck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"
Isn't there some kind of code of conduct issue on this post ??? Expressions of profanity are taboo or something....if not Moderators let us know

Scarface is a bit overboard but hey having an acct temporarily closed is a bit too much like a ChiCom reaction
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:05 am

Wirelessly posted (nokia e63 : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE63-1/100.21.110; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Maybe hilton will fight back with this "biggest quiz loser"
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
One guy joked..."maybe one of those surveys we couldn't read was actually a Please Close My Account form " ....
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
same thing happened to me like aerosmith said
i called this morning , they fixed my account, but then a few hours later it was blocked again, and when i called this time , they said its a system audit!!!

i wonder if i will shift my stay tomorrow to le mereiden of spg instead of the intercontinental of priority club
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
If any of the IHG lurkers are watching this thread,it seems you will be losing some revenue nights over this "audit" of mostly small amounts of points for a survey.

If they wanted to block those who ran into the 10K range with this,then do so,but leave the small peanuts alone.

I know that if my account is not unfrozen soon,I will be canceling my existing reservations for next week and rebooking elsewhere.I suspect there will be others who also cannot wait for their accounts to open back up.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
If any of the IHG lurkers are watching this thread,it seems you will be losing some revenue nights over this "audit" of mostly small amounts of points for a survey.

If they wanted to block those who ran into the 10K range with this,then do so,but leave the small peanuts alone.

I know that if my account is not unfrozen soon,I will be canceling my existing reservations for next week and rebooking elsewhere.I suspect there will be others who also cannot wait for their accounts to open back up.

Good point. I was not closed but wonder what the loss of revenue for IHG will look like in this time span. A pittance of points for a pound of cash
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by freeflyin

Excellent point. I have 3 stays booked right now, and need to book another 4 stays for myself AND my crew over the next week.

That said, they unfroze mine yesterday and I can still get into it today. Good thing, too, because I wouldn't know where I was staying...

Hyatt has status matched me to Diamond, so I can see greener grass as it is.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:01 am

Heavy handed reaction when IT only had to shutdown the survey and reverse points over time. Bad call and heads will roll or at the very least bookings will be down. Bad press for IHG and Hiltons revenge
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by beedo
same thing happened to me like aerosmith said
i called this morning , they fixed my account, but then a few hours later it was blocked again, and when i called this time , they said its a system audit!!!

i wonder if i will shift my stay tomorrow to le mereiden of spg instead of the intercontinental of priority club

First RA on here with an 'audited' account.Out of interest how many of those quizes did you total?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG
Too greedy

Originally Posted by tigerwouldnt2009
Heavy handed reaction when IT only had to shutdown the survey and reverse points over time. Bad call and heads will roll or at the very least bookings will be down. Bad press for IHG and Hiltons revenge
I disagree.

Too many people have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

We all like to get the maximum value from point promotions but those who believed they had found a bottomless pit of points have been caught out and embarrassed. Quite rightly so.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Hey, I'm glad I've only taken one or two of those! I'd feel naked without my PC account.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat/Amb, Hilton Gold, Acor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
They are just trying to scare you

Guys,

Do not worry, all your accounts will be reinstated. Someone probably reported this thread and they decided to make people sweat a little. Trust me, PC will not deactivate permanately any accounts over this, they could also think their system made the mistake and just want to see how.

As we all know its easy points that keep us all loyal members of PC. They dont want us looking elsewhere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.