Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
What I don't understand is why the hell should they shut down my account to do some "random audit"? It is obvious because of the quizz, but why block accounts because of 1000 points? Pick someone who generated 4000 points and do your stupid audit...

I mean, I am not going to wait ONE WEEK. If I can not use the account tomorrow I will just book my stays with SPG. I agree with "tigerwouldnt2009" the damage of blocking account will be much higher than the benefit of figuring out FT community members and cancelling our 1000 points. Just ridiculous.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
I know someone who doesn't even know the quiz got account locked too.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:29 am
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by benraph
Guys,

Do not worry, all your accounts will be reinstated. Trust me, PC will not deactivate permanately any accounts over this, they could also think their system made the mistake and just want to see how.
The only one fear -- during this "audit" thay can cansel also the points for previos stays promotions (as stay X get X) if any of us was not chosen...

Do they have the right for this?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by bumburuck
What I don't understand is why the hell should they shut down my account to do some "random audit"? It is obvious because of the quizz, but why block accounts because of 1000 points? Pick someone who generated 4000 points and do your stupid audit...
they block the accounts so you can't use the millions of points you have
stolen and book reward nights
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
they block the accounts so you can't use the millions of points you have
stolen and book reward nights
Reward nights (assuming in the future beyond a couple of days) can be canceled if they choose to do so. But how easy would it be to reverse converting a bunch of survey points to FF miles or hotel anywhere cards. That would be more expensive for them I would think.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
I think there is one more reason account still be locked.

2 people told me, both account got locked, then reactive without calling or emailing. However, both found out, other than nothing was removed from the account, PCR added another 30K to their accounts for no reason. Few hours later, account locked again.

Last edited by yyliu88; Feb 12, 2010 at 9:57 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by Evan!
Reward nights (assuming in the future beyond a couple of days) can be canceled if they choose to do so. But how easy would it be to reverse converting a bunch of survey points to FF miles or hotel anywhere cards. That would be more expensive for them I would think.
to be honest the t&c's on the PC site states

'Membership Cancellation. SCH reserves the right to cancel any Priority Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed Priority Club points collected by any member for reasons that include'.........

it does not mention about reward nights already booked in the future. the question is when you book a reward night in the future have your points then been redeemed or is that only after the actual stay
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by midnight
I disagree.

Too many people have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

We all like to get the maximum value from point promotions but those who believed they had found a bottomless pit of points have been caught out and embarrassed. Quite rightly so.

So sorry Mr, high & mighty

everybody on these forums are guilty of being greedy and all you can do is sit in your ivory tower and criticise.
Everybody that signs up and takes points from untargetted offers is basically guilty of FRAUD under the T&C's of PC so that makes you just as bad as the rest of us, only you aint been caught yet.

Good Luck on that score and cheers for the sympathy.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Just checked again and still blocked out, that's been 24 hours now.

A couple of questions:

Do you think they will email you telling you of their desicion regarding your account or just leave it locked?

How easy do you think it would be to get a new account using the same name, address, credit card etc. should the worst happen or will they just let you start again?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by BA1A
Yes awpeters, who was one of the first to report on here about their account not working, shows as being an RA but they got their account reinstated.

As I said previously, I suspect the first callers got lucky and word has now got around the Service Centre not to unfreeze any more accounts until the audits have been concluded.
As of this morning, my account has been locked again. No explanation. Again, only 1500 pts off surveys yesterday.

Originally Posted by freeflyin
If any of the IHG lurkers are watching this thread,it seems you will be losing some revenue nights over this "audit" of mostly small amounts of points for a survey.

If they wanted to block those who ran into the 10K range with this,then do so,but leave the small peanuts alone.

I know that if my account is not unfrozen soon,I will be canceling my existing reservations for next week and rebooking elsewhere.I suspect there will be others who also cannot wait for their accounts to open back up.
+1.

To any IHG lurkers, I cannot wait for my account to unlock for my upcoming stays. If you would like to avoid lost IC night revenue due to peanuts, these accounts need to be reopened quickly, with or without the survey points, or I will be moving my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Surgee; Feb 12, 2010 at 11:27 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
HHonors:)

Hi all
Just see blocked my account.
I call PC, they say "audit"
We ask what is means? she dont know..
when they finish? she dont know
What to do, we need to book for next week same rooms in IC? she dont care, dont know
hahaha
good bye IHG
we just call HHonors, and they offer Gold card ( Im Platinum).
All my business partner from company goes to Hilton, just becouse we cant wait, thats what they loose....money

and for the end: we dont care about them IT problems, if I can I put to my account points They must change IT or they loose us, just like that

Last edited by ariell; Feb 12, 2010 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Accor Silver
1:0 for Hilton

Did my next 3 bookings there @:-)
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Is this the message others are getting when trying to log in?
Code:
We did not recognize this 
email address or 
Priority Club #.

Please try again.

Signing in for the first 
time? Please use your 
Priority Club # and not 
your email address. 
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Accor Silver
Talking

yes it is.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by guiseppe
1:0 for Hilton

Did my next 3 bookings there @:-)
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.