Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Pattaya (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Holiday Inn Pattaya (Master Thread)

Hi all, newbie to FT here, some great info here. I'm planning a trip to SE Asia, and I see there is a new HI Pattaya opening in Oct. 2010. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the location of the hotel and how the beach is around there. There are some pretty good rates available there for the end of the year so was debating booking a few days.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:51 pm

Programs: EBG, A|Club Gold
I just returned from a week in Pattaya and a stay at the Dusit D2. The new Holiday Inn is located between Dusit Resort and soi 1, on Beach Road. It is a very quiet location, and just a few meters from the beach. The beach near the hotel is ok as far as I remember. I really don't spend too much time in the sand.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ds1277
Hi all, newbie to FT here, some great info here. I'm planning a trip to SE Asia, and I see there is a new HI Pattaya opening in Oct. 2010. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the location of the hotel and how the beach is around there. There are some pretty good rates available there for the end of the year so was debating booking a few days.
Pattaya is a dump, and dangerous to boot.

Last edited by jimmc66; Sep 1, 2009 at 1:37 am
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:05 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thumbs up Holiday Inn Pattaya launches Opening Promotion

The Holiday Inn Pattaya, scheduled to open 1 October 2009, has launched an opening promotion with rates starting from just THB 1,999++ per night.

An Ocean View Room is available from 1,999++ (plus 10% service charge and 7% tax) per room per night, inclusive of breakfast for two.

Stay two nights or more, and the price drops to just 4,000 Baht net (inclusive of the tax and service charge) per room per two nights, with breakfast for two included.

The promotion is valid from 1 October 2009 to 20 December 2009. Terms and conditions apply.

Located along the popular Beach Road, North Pattaya, the hotel offers panoramic views of Pattaya Bay from all 367 contemporary designed guest rooms and suites over looking ocean views. Offering smart casual dining, dedicated kids services, refreshing spa, infinity pool and meeting center.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 9:58 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is one of those situations where if one is tied to or believes they have to stay at their chain of choice, they really miss out.

Pattaya is not a great or clean beach, there are far better beaches in Thailand and better places to stay for the same or less cost.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
This is one of those situations where if one is tied to or believes they have to stay at their chain of choice, they really miss out.

Pattaya is not a great or clean beach, there are far better beaches in Thailand and better places to stay for the same or less cost.
No one is going to Pattaya for the beach, mate.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:43 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

+1. In the end it all depends what you ar elooking for. If you want a nice beach, pleasant surroundings and a relaxing time then I would doubt the choice of Pattaya even given the HI is brand new and cheap. The water there is dirty and the beach nowhere nearly as nice as in other places in Thailand. If beach is the key factor consider Hua Hin (well Cha Am) for a cheapish HI Resort (can use a refurb though) or Phuket or Phi Phi for a more upscale HI resort if price is not that critical and you want to stay with the chain.

Of course if you are aiming for a bit less quiet and a more entertaining kind of trip then Pattaya maybe exactly what you are looking for but then it could be that the HI is not the right hotel for party lovers. I think they try to set it up geared towards families though it escapes me who in their sane mind would take their wife and possibly kids to that town.

In the end the whole place is geared toward one thing and one thing only ... well I'm sure you have figured that one out in no time.

Either way enjoy your trip. BTW, the hotel supposedly opens in Oct 2009 and not 2010 (guess a typo by the OP). However this being Thailand I would not be surprised if delays happen even after launch special rates are published. Mai pen rai.

Last edited by demue; Sep 1, 2009 at 2:10 am
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:49 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jimmc66
No one is going to Pattaya for the beach, mate.
That's what I tried to say above but you put it more succinctly.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:03 am

Holiday Inn PATTAYA OPENING SPECIAL Rate ?

Hi All,

Will I get points on a discounted special rate on this new hotel ?

Holiday Inn PATTAYA

HOTEL OPENING SPECIAL RATE REQUIRES A ONE NIGHT NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT

Thanks a lot
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:39 am

Yes, most likely. Some hotels don´t give points on heavily discounted rates, but usually a simple call to PC will give you the points.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:25 pm

thanks helsinky
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
It sounds weird to have a photo of Fidel Castro in a Holiday Inn bar
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:16 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
First New-built Holiday Inn Opens In Pattaya

The photos showing a really nice property here: http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4043615.html

The first new-built Holiday Inn hotel opens today in Pattaya, Thailand. The 367-room property, which features the new look-and-feel, service and quality facilities of the new Holiday Inn brand, is located along the popular Beach Road in North Pattaya. All guest rooms and suites offer sweeping views of the Pattaya Bay, featuring spacious ocean-facing balconies and full wireless internet access. In addition, the hotel is only a 90-minute drive from the Suvarnabhumi Airport and a 120-minute drive from central Bangkok ...
Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The HI is trying to put a family-friendly hotel at the top end of Pattaya's sleaze strip. At the moment it seems to be heavy on tour groups, largely Russian.

The rooms all claim ocean-view, but most offer a very partial view of the sea. Our ("executive") room had a view totally dominated by the Amari hotel next door.

Room decor is attractive, sort of Cornwall meets Cape Cod: faded blue and bleached wood.

But design is quirky. My bathroom was large, but contained the most misguided feature - one wall is floor to ceiling glass. OK so far, lots of light... but the lavatory is right beside the window-wall: so is the bath. I know it's one-way glass, but using the lavatory while looking directly onto the occupied balconies of the Amari hotel next door is an unnerving experience.

The lobby is large and incorporates a cafe and three (free) internet stations. It tries hard to create an edgy look.

The restaurant is good-looking - an inside section leading onto a large street-front terrace. But brutally expensive, and with so much competition from more centrally-placed restaurants I can't see it attracting more than the couple if diners I saw there: staff client ratio of around 10:1 - sad.

Pattaya really is a dump, but if you need to be there the HI is an OK place but only at current rates. When these creep up there will always be better value around.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:47 pm
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
We have to be very careful with this hotel. I have to stay there for the vacation. The promo price is good. BUT they have so called "guest fee" which is more than a room price -- 2000 bat. You have to pay this money every time then you taking any guest to your room. The whole night with the best Thai girl costs 1500!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.