Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo in San Diego Gaslamp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, ICH, Avis, SPG
Hotel Indigo in San Diego Gaslamp

I saw that this location is accepting reservations beginning August 1st. I would love to stay there on a trip I have in August. What is the likelihood it will open on time? Has anyone heard anything in regards to this hotel and its amenities, rooms and service?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:31 am

Good hotel, L.E.E.D certified

I was given a tour of Hotel Indigo Gaslamp the other day. Nice clean hotel, also this one is the "brand flagship".

We're having some work done on our place, so looks like we'll stay there for 2-3 weeks. I'm only Gold Ambassador, if anyone has any advice or codes to max my points or status, please PM or post here
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Beautiful hotel! The most amazing thing for me is that I was thanked for being an RA ^. I asked how they knew that since their system only downloads my PC status automatically, and they said that they go in and look up all Ambassador members manually . Nonetheless, the staff was amazing and the room above expectations.

If your looking to max out points, make sure to check the Promo sticky at the top of the main forum.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by wonderbret
Beautiful hotel! The most amazing thing for me is that I was thanked for being an RA ^. I asked how they knew that since their system only downloads my PC status automatically, and they said that they go in and look up all Ambassador members manually . Nonetheless, the staff was amazing and the room above expectations.

If your looking to max out points, make sure to check the Promo sticky at the top of the main forum.
Did they give you an UG ?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by wonderbret
thanks

Last edited by w0r1dtrave1er; Aug 28, 2009 at 10:04 am Reason: duh! instructions in the first post of course, thanks FT!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:38 pm

Stayed here on a free night stay. The first room the AC was broken, the second room the ac was broken -- they sent up maintenance this time thinking I didnt know how to work the unit. Indeed it was broken, they moved us again to a nice corner room high floor and the AC worked well.

PC members get gifts here, since it was a free stay we didnt get anything however after I made note of it, a few bottles of wine were sent up for the trouble. Good staff here, great bar with a view up top. And very comfortable.
Bathrooms are nice, everything is perfect. a nice boutique feeling hotel.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:35 pm

Stayed here early August using one of the free nights from the 2 for 1 promo.. no complaints, i think they upgraded me to a room with a view (i'm platinum) and had a fruit & cheese plate w/ water waiting for me...

I thought it was pretty nice, but i'm used to staying at HI's or Crowne Plaza's. Walls might be a little thin, can kind of hear more noise than I'd like, but I'm a heavy sleeper so doesn't bother me too much.

Snapped some pics from my room, don't remember the exact room #, but you can see if you peek out the window, view of Petco.

Can't complain with free! And oh yeah, I avoided the high valet charge (although probably par for the course considering the area) by finding metered street parking (Sun free!).

Old Oct 14, 2009, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Great pics uclagee! Can you expand on the parking situation? Is the metered parking an option for overnight parking? Are there any reasonable garages close by?

I'm using 4 free nights there and would hate to get clipped for $32 per night. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Last edited by fireworksboy; Oct 14, 2009 at 7:40 pm
Old Oct 22, 2009, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Bump for any help with nearby public parking options - anyone?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:49 pm

Interested in the parking situation as well. $32/night is insane. Staying there early next month. I may just call them and ask!

Also - Be advised there is a 8K promo (registration required) for this property. You have to book the best available rate. They also have a 5K bonus rate for just a few dollars more but my fear is that I would not qualify for the 8K promo so I booked the cheaper rate to get the 8K.

Wonder if I booked the 5K rate whether I would get 13K total. Any experience here would be helpful.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Will be using my free night tonight I got on the stay 2 get one free

I will report my findings as well. I am impressed by all the comments about it so far.

Ok just checked out. When I arrived I refused to pay the $30+ parking fee so I drove up Island a couple blocks to Park and there is free parking on the street although scarce but it is there. Checked in and was given 2nd floor. I asked for a high floor so they put me on the 11th floor with a view looking down Island toward the bay. Room was as the pics describe. Don't open the Fiji water bottle or you will encumber another $5 charge unless they comp you one or two like UCLAGEE.
The patio on the 9th floor is open from 430 til 10pm and has a lot of great seating asnd two fire pits. Great views and as bar. Don't light up a cigarette as this activity is banned everywhere to meet ther LEED certification of being anti poluting (pro environment yada yada). The hotel has free WIfi and free use of two computers in the lobby. Enjoyed the Kerug coffee with Timothys coffee in the room and the 37 inch LCD. Beds were comfy and surroundings very plesant.
For breakfast I would reccomend walking down Isalnd to 6th and head toward ball park and there is a great place for breakfast. (The broken Yolk) They have a great selection and more hearty than the yogurt,granola, egg white sandwich fare at the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay here.
I would stay here again if the price is right.

Last edited by sanFF; Dec 22, 2009 at 11:58 am Reason: next day results
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stayed there this past weekend - acknowledged as a platinum by the manager himself, with apology for no upgrade ("We're full"), and no gift (food voucher, etc.). Food at lobby bistro was good, though pricey, with uneven service.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Upgrades - Executive Level?

Hi,
I too would be ccurious what kinds of upgrades are typically offered. Also the web site shows Executive Rooms but I'm not sure they have a club lounge or what the difference is with an Executive Room? Are there certain floor numbers designated as Executive Level?

Another tidbit is a friend got this hotel on Hotwire for about $80 a night including taxes.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:18 pm

There is no Club Lounge. There is however a public lounge and deck on the 9th floor (of 11). There is a small bar in the public area that is staffed when busy. The patio is a great place to enjoy a beverage.

Overall I give this hotel an A+

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Hi,
I too would be ccurious what kinds of upgrades are typically offered. Also the web site shows Executive Rooms but I'm not sure they have a club lounge or what the difference is with an Executive Room? Are there certain floor numbers designated as Executive Level?

Another tidbit is a friend got this hotel on Hotwire for about $80 a night including taxes.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent Platinum experiences at this hotel? Thinking of staying here or the Holiday Inn Downtown. It's just a quick overnight, and while the Hotel Indigo looks quite a bit nicer, the Holiday Inn has a free airport shuttle. The Holiday Inn is about $20 cheaper.

Anyone have any thoughts on which to go with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.