Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo in San Diego Gaslamp

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Seeking an update on this property two years since the last review

I can get this for three nights for gov't Per Diem which seems quite reasonable compared to my other options; I have no (zero) PC status

I am at a conference in Mission Valley but will have my kids (teens) with me

Will this place be a good location for them?

Anyone ever figure out if there is more reasonable parking nearby?

Any place to walk and get Breakfast (for kids) in the a.m.?

Wifi? is it free?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Seeking an update on this property two years since the last review

I can get this for three nights for gov't Per Diem which seems quite reasonable compared to my other options; I have no (zero) PC status

I am at a conference in Mission Valley but will have my kids (teens) with me

Will this place be a good location for them?

Anyone ever figure out if there is more reasonable parking nearby?

Any place to walk and get Breakfast (for kids) in the a.m.?

Wifi? is it free?
I posted a review just 2 weeks ago. I stayed there for 3 nights over the July 4th weekend. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23159825-post750.html
There are so many places to walk to...eat or otherwise...plus the area where the hotel is and just east (East Village area) is one of the hottest areas in San Diego real estate right now...

Read my review on parking. Forget parking with them as long as you don't mind walking a few blocks.

Read their IHG page, Wifi is free. http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotel...is/hoteldetail
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:12 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I stayed a few months ago - no Plat upgrade although I did get a voucher for a free drink at the rooftop bar (which was then closed for a private party). Front desk staff were really good, and they refunded the last night of my prepaid stay when I needed to change plans and head back to LA a day earlier.

I'm not a fan of dog friendly hotels, but to be fair no cleanliness issues in my room, I did find it very noisy (noise from inside the hotel, lots of banging doors and shouting in corridors with poor sound insulation through the door), the location was ok.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I posted a review just 2 weeks ago. I stayed there for 3 nights over the July 4th weekend. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23159825-post750.html
There are so many places to walk to...eat or otherwise...plus the area where the hotel is and just east (East Village area) is one of the hottest areas in San Diego real estate right now...

Read my review on parking. Forget parking with them as long as you don't mind walking a few blocks.

Read their IHG page, Wifi is free. http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotel...is/hoteldetail
On the plane to SAN and almost. Missed your parking recommendation

15 > 41+tip any day^
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:29 am

hotel review

I was there for two nights. No status. I went straight to the Park it on Market and that was a fantastic ^ idea. Checked in around 9:30 p.m. as my kids and I wheeled our bags the 2+ blocks to the hotel rather easily.

We were given a room on the 3rd floor overlooking 9th street. It was a decent room considering no status. It was 2 Queen and IMHO a decent sized room. I did like the hardwood floors.

the check in wasn't overly hip (I mean that in a good way). The bathroom was large. I thought the room was fantastic for someone with no status.

The gym was nice for a hotel gym. I did not eat in the restaurant nor did I hit the 9th floor bar.

The area is the most dog friendly I've ever seen. Ironically, I saw maybe one dog in two days at this property (inside)

I didn't have any problem with the sound coming thru the walls. Although my kids did tell me what room was having sex as they could hear it in the hallway thru the day LOL

the market was a block away as was Starbuck's, 7-11 and the gaslamp was 4 blocks away. Prime location and also PetCo park is 2 blocks away.

Wifi was fine for all of us.

I'd go back again at the gov't per diem rate anyway
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Anyone have recent experiences to share here? In terms of upgrades for Plat members, welcome amenity, etc.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by emurray077
Anyone have recent experiences to share here? In terms of upgrades for Plat members, welcome amenity, etc.
Stayed here about 6 months ago. Nice upgrade (felt like a junior suite) to huge room. Have never had to ask. Cannot recall welcome amenity but there was one. Very positive on this hotel...parking is really expensive though...better to uber your way around.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by emurray077
I got a King View room at the end of the hall over July 4th weekend (view of the harbor fireworks show, in our case). The room was pre-assigned before we got to the hotel (upgrade was noted on my reservation online day BEFORE stay). Getting a room at the end of the hall is a big plus since the hallways are noisy and you'll hear everyone passing through it in your room. I choose 500 points as my welcome amenity. The other choice was a buy one, get one free drink coupon and a bottle of water. Pick the points.

Last edited by CalItalian; Nov 16, 2014 at 9:18 am
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Staying here as an IHG Diamond tonight, and wow! Upgraded to a massive two-room Boardroom Suite on the top floor with Kitchen area, dining table, couch and TV, huge bedroom with sitting area, walk-in closet, walk-in shower. So impressed. First IHG stay as a Diamond and Indigo San Diego has knocked it out of the park. Will report on breakfast tomorrow.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Nov 25, 2022 at 10:46 pm
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Breakfast here underwhelming as Diamond. Honestly should have just taken the points. Weak coffee never refilled and blueberry pancakes that were mediocre at best. Room excellent but should have sought out breakfast elsewhere in SD for sure.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Nov 26, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Old Oct 27, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Any recent stays? Wondering how they treat Diamond Ambassador status. Looking to book two rooms; one on points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.